Author Topic: Chassell, BAIT SHOP  (Read 3828 times)

Offline MeStevieB

• IceShanty Rookie
Chassell, BAIT SHOP
« on: Jan 17, 2011, 10:18 AM »
Last year we where up there in Chassell fishing and found a great out of their home bait shop for minnows and such, this year I called ahead to see if it was still there and the phone is no longer in service, does any one know what or where they are at or maybe a new phone number.
I am also looking for more Info. on what they call the humps, I have not been there yet and was looking for where that is exactly at, trying to find out more on this area.
I hear people talk about Portage lake and the humps so it sounds like a place I would like to check out this winter some time, any info. would be greatly appreciated..........

Offline chasepalosaari

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Chassell, BAIT SHOP
« Reply #1 on: Jan 17, 2011, 11:46 AM »
The bait shot is now on the main drag in chassell, there is a sign. It's just south of chassell beach on US-41. The humps-If you take off from chassell beach, you head north, you'll go thru the "narrows" across from lake shore drive. And then you head off to the right towards the bootjack side. If you look on a map its near the mouth of the sturgeon river, there is a big group of shacks spread out there. People are targeting walleye, but it has been dead for the last couple years. DNR are supposed to be planting this year again.

Offline MeStevieB

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 18, 2011, 05:43 AM »
Thanks for the Info., is there a name for that bait shop or a number I could call.........Thanks again:-)

Offline superzooper

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 09, 2011, 10:30 PM »
His hours are 8 to 5:30 everyday.

Offline Garshouse

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 10, 2011, 07:57 PM »
The bait shot is now on the main drag in chassell, there is a sign. It's just south of chassell beach on US-41. The humps-If you take off from chassell beach, you head north, you'll go thru the "narrows" across from lake shore drive. And then you head off to the right towards the bootjack side. If you look on a map its near the mouth of the sturgeon river, there is a big group of shacks spread out there. People are targeting walleye, but it has been dead for the last couple years. DNR are supposed to be planting this year again.

Been "dead" for longer than just a couple of years......DNR discontinued stocking back after a 2005 effort.  Been going down the toilet ever since.  Not just a recent problem, although I know plenty of people blaming recent "events"  ::)

Offline superzooper

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 11, 2011, 05:19 PM »
We can only see to the tip of our noses.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.