New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SODUS BAY FISHING TOURNAMENTS  (Read 3594 times)

Offline Warrens

• IceShanty Rookie
SODUS BAY FISHING TOURNAMENTS
« on: Jan 13, 2011, 10:16 PM »
Hello everyone, Just wanted to let everyone fishing on the bay know that there is a weekend derby going on every weekend of the ice season. Alternating weekends for Pike and Perch. Biggest fish takes the prise as simple as that. Call Warrens for details.

Be safe out there.

Catching is getting better and better, more and more keepers being caught.
GOOD LUCK, BE SAFE

Offline Warrens

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: SODUS BAY FISHING TOURNAMENTS
« Reply #1 on: Jan 14, 2011, 01:02 PM »
About 8" of snow on the ice , not too bad walking from what I hear. Just heard first hand of some nice perch being caught in the 30' area. catches of up to 40 nice perch per angler.
GOOD LUCK, BE SAFE

Offline appleman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 14, 2011, 08:07 PM »
Sounds like a good deal!!! thanks for helping to support our sport!!! we will stop by this weekend havent been in that shop in years. :icefish:
Team Roundhole LLC....

Offline Warrens

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 16, 2011, 10:05 PM »
Congrats to the winner of the perch derby this weekend. I'll update with the details tomorrow, Winning perch was 11 or 12oz. I do believe the winning fish has already succumbed to the deep fryer. Good job everyone. I think next weekend we may do a perch and pike derby. (more and more pike hitting the ice) What do you guys think.
GOOD LUCK, BE SAFE

Offline Warrens

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 17, 2011, 06:57 PM »
Congrats to Bob "Topper" Topoleski from Great Meadows, NJ. with his winning perch that weighed in at 12oz and was 11 1/2" long. Topper and his crew also iced a bucket full of perch and pike. I must of missed the invitation to the fish fry but it sounded like it was good. Maybe next time!!!!!
GOOD LUCK, BE SAFE

Offline sfirkbass

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • who needs a 7ft pole? we have 2ftrs!!!
« Reply #5 on: Jan 17, 2011, 11:38 PM »
where can i find the info for these tournaments?

Offline Warrens

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 18, 2011, 03:55 AM »
sfirkbass, You can stop by the store, Warren's hook Line & Sinker 8487 Greig Street Sodus Point, or call 315-483-2183, or check out the website and then click on Ice Fishing Tournaments. The weekend tourneys are 5.00 entry with guaranteed 25.00 in tackle to the winner regardless of the number of entries, plus cash (cant loose out) and the big Tournament Feb. 12th and 13th is only 10.00 entry with THOUSANDS of dollars in cash and prises including free Trout and Salmon Charters with lodging included.

Stop by and get the Full brochure on both.

Good luck, Be Safe
GOOD LUCK, BE SAFE

Offline Warrens

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 19, 2011, 06:03 PM »
Ok all you hard water fishermen, what do you want to fish for to compete against each other this weekend. We are thinking maybe a pike and a perch derby. Of course keep them separate to keep it fair. Let us know.
GOOD LUCK, BE SAFE

Offline Warrens

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 20, 2011, 06:05 PM »
Ok, here's what we are going to do this weekend since no one is speaking up. We are going to do a pike and perch derby. Same rules apply just be two separate derby's
GOOD LUCK, BE SAFE

Offline Warrens

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 23, 2011, 02:21 PM »
The winner of this weekends derby is Mark Nitti of Cortland, NY with a nice 12oz 11" Perch. Some nice catches brought in this weekend. Good job Mark.
GOOD LUCK, BE SAFE

Offline conesusguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 23, 2011, 07:10 PM »
What did he win?
This sport takes a certain amount of character in a man that we all should respect and take pride in.

Offline Warrens

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Jan 26, 2011, 05:35 AM »
Ok this weekend we will be doing both pike and Perch derby's for those interested. You guys are out there fishing, for a $5.00 entry fee what can you loose. The winner gets the pot plus $25.00 in PK Lures. 

GOOD LUCK, BE SAFE

Offline Warrens

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Jan 28, 2011, 06:25 PM »
Wow what a year for our derby sponsors. Not only do they have a new world record walleye (pending certification) but now they may have a new line record with a 50" sturgeon caught on 4# line this week.
GOOD LUCK, BE SAFE

Offline Warrens

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Jan 31, 2011, 11:00 AM »
Winner of this weekends derby was David Buys "Disco Dave" from Lyons, NY with a 1 pound 2 oz Perch that was 12 3/4" long. Nice fish.
GOOD LUCK, BE SAFE

Offline Warrens

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Feb 08, 2011, 08:06 AM »
Some really nice fish being brought in now!!! Winners of the Feb. 05 & 06, 2011 Weekend Derby were Tim Thomas with a 14lb 6oz Pike and Topper with a 1lb 6oz Perch. Some really nice Perch and Pike being caught. Will we hit the 2lb mark this weekend. If you want to see pictures of the winning fish check out our site.
GOOD LUCK, BE SAFE

Offline A-TOM-MIK

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Chasing perch the last 27 years
« Reply #15 on: Feb 08, 2011, 09:54 AM »
nice job !!!!
I aint' got a lot but I think I got it made !!! In the shade...........
- Hank Williams Jr.

Lovin' Life !!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S71EfNNRg_s
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1174207024#!/profile.php?id=1174207024

Offline devo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Feb 08, 2011, 10:27 AM »
Some really nice fish being brought in now!!! Winners of the Feb. 05 & 06, 2011 Weekend Derby were Tim Thomas with a 14lb 6oz Pike

Just wondering, Isn't that the same fish that won the Bayside derby at I. Bay on the 5th?  ???   HMMMMM, that guy really mopped up.
-Voted most likely to get hurt 2010
-Secret Agent Man
-2013 Icemasters "Ironman" Angler of the year
-NY State Record Drum boat Captain, 2014-2016
-"Worst crew in all of drag racing” 2003

Offline Warrens

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Feb 09, 2011, 03:27 AM »
hey devo, check out the Sodus Bay post on the New York fishing reports and conditions and you will have your answer as as well as a nice picture of that monster. I would just answer but I don't want to spoil the surprise lol. I hope to see a bunch of those this weekend!!!!!!
GOOD LUCK, BE SAFE

Offline Warrens

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Feb 18, 2011, 06:19 PM »
Hey guys, and gals, don't forget we will be running the weekend derby this weekend along with the polar tournament. Good chance for a double!!!! Good luck and be safe.
GOOD LUCK, BE SAFE

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.