Author Topic: run time on mr heater big buddy..1lb...  (Read 24939 times)

Offline teamlund

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • pike are for guys that cant catch walleye :v)
run time on mr heater big buddy..1lb...
« on: Jan 12, 2011, 11:43 PM »
ANy of you guys know how long a Big buddy will run on HI off of a 1lb tank.....

I am in the middle of another shack project and I had a big buddy sittin in the basement. It was still in the box and I noticed that it can take two 1 lb tanks on it at a time. It would be great if i could go all day on 2 tanks than just fill them when I get home so I dont have a 20 lb tank in the shack all day to work around.

If the run time on 2 lb tanks is very poor on high which i think it might be than my next option is a wallmounted unit. thanks for the input.
Northern pike are for guys that cant catch walleye :v)

Offline copperjohn

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: run time on mr heater big buddy..1lb...
« Reply #1 on: Jan 12, 2011, 11:55 PM »
I was getting about 4 hours on high with 2 tanks until I switched to an 11 lber. Only needed to do that once on -10 and 30mph wind in my Yukon, before insulation.
Gravity's B**ch On Hard Water

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2 on: Jan 13, 2011, 12:01 AM »
ANy of you guys know how long a Big buddy will run on HI off of a 1lb tank.....

I am in the middle of another shack project and I had a big buddy sittin in the basement. It was still in the box and I noticed that it can take two 1 lb tanks on it at a time. It would be great if i could go all day on 2 tanks than just fill them when I get home so I dont have a 20 lb tank in the shack all day to work around.

If the run time on 2 lb tanks is very poor on high which i think it might be than my next option is a wallmounted unit. thanks for the input.

Why not just take 6, 1lb bottles. Would weigh less and take up less room than the 20lb.. you are re-filling them anyways.
EYECONICFISHING

Offline teamlund

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • pike are for guys that cant catch walleye :v)
« Reply #3 on: Jan 13, 2011, 12:12 AM »
Why not just take 6, 1lb bottles. Would weigh less and take up less room than the 20lb.. you are re-filling them anyways.

Thats what I am gettin at...I have maybe 10 tanks layin around that I use/refill for my 1 man flip up. It would be nice to not have a 20 lber in my shack (enclosed trailer) but i dont want to be switching out tanks every hour and a half or something rediculous. My trailer is 10x6 and 75% of its walls are insulated and the roof is 100% insulated so I might not even have to run it on high all the time but I am figuring on worse case senerio.

I am thinking about just keeping the 20 lber in the back of my truck so when I am out on the ice I can fill them at any time....
Northern pike are for guys that cant catch walleye :v)

Offline Zoo Angler

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Don't sweat the small fish!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 13, 2011, 01:50 AM »
I've noticed a 1 # tank on low lasts about a hour and a half...but when you use a bulk tank it seems to last longer for some reason

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.