Author Topic: Frye Lake  (Read 2189 times)

Offline fishngolf

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The bigger the teeth, the better it gets!!!
Frye Lake
« on: Jan 10, 2011, 09:38 PM »

Any news on Frye near Hyannis? It had pretty good fish last summer.

Offline wyotoach

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Frye Lake
« Reply #1 on: Jan 11, 2011, 12:42 AM »
Just hearsay but I hear that they're hammering the perch!

Offline Sandbilly

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 11, 2011, 07:22 AM »
Just hearsay but I hear that they're hammering the perch!

Think you would be disappointed going on that report. Might hammer 11" bass.

Weeds are down and brown this winter. There are some nice perch, but don't expect a limit.

dc

Offline fishngolf

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 11, 2011, 07:48 AM »
Thanks for the reports. Havn't heard much about Frye since last summer.

Glad you made it back ok, Sandbilly. Do any good in Iowa?

Offline Sandbilly

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 12, 2011, 06:51 AM »
No good in the tourney but always a great time @ Boji. Did get a little worried about making it home when the forecast went from 2" of snow to a winter weather advisory. A few cars in the ditch on I-90, but for the most part roads were clear except drifts until we turned south on 183. Then it took awhile.

Welcome to the forum fishngolf. Hope to see some of your photos. :tipup:

dc 

Offline PhishOn

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 12, 2011, 08:18 AM »
I am always the sucker that chases the rumors and I have done it on Frye before and it bit me in rear end! But I know someday that lake owes me bigtime!!! It's been years ago but we went there and the wind came up out of the west and blew so hard I couldn't even make it back to the ramp with cleats on. The guy that lives at the end of the lake seen myself and another guy in our party getting blown down the lake and rescued us on his 4wheeler!! Two of my other buddys made it fine but they have about 100 pounds on myself and skinnypants. Swore i'd never go back!! But my interest has been sparked!! Interested to hear a real report from you guys if you make the trip. Phish
Hard as Ice!!

Offline fishngolf

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 12, 2011, 10:16 PM »
In the 70's that was the best lake around for perch, bass, bluegill and crappie. My granddad would take my brother and I and we would fish for three days and camp for two night there. The summer fishing was unbelieveable. My dad took us ice fishing one day and there were at least ten vehicles parked around on the ice. We saw the rear end of a car fall into a spring hole through the ice. The front was ok but the back was sitting on the bumper. The old guy that lived at the west end of the lake came down in a jeep with chains all around and with the help of a couple more pickups got it drug back out. I think his name was Joe Applegarth, he owned the lake and charged $1 per person a day to fish there.         
The carp finally took it over and the Game and Parks acquired it. They treated it twice recently and claimed to have an excellent kill this last time.

Offline wyotoach

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Jan 17, 2011, 09:33 AM »
Talked to someone from Alliance that went through on a Mule on Friday. $750 and to pull it out and all are well. He said his sandwiches only got a bit soggy.

Offline wneb.fisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 18, 2011, 12:34 PM »
I was there that day that his rhino went in.  I felt so bad for him.  Glad to hear they got it out.  We were leaving just as the tow truck showed up.

As for the fishing... It was pretty slow.  Nothing spectacular to report.  Just a couple decent perch, a couple small perch. and a bunch of small bass.  From the sounds of others fishing that was kind of the same across the board.  SLOW.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.