Author Topic: Sugar Island  (Read 1169 times)

Offline WEMS4350

• IceShanty Rookie
Sugar Island
« on: Jan 06, 2011, 08:11 PM »
Just wondering how the bite has been at Sugar island.  I am pulling out my new trailer mounted shack tomorrow for the first time and I am hoping to pop the cherry off all four holes.  Am I wasting my time heading out there?

Offline WEMS4350

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Sugar Island
« Reply #1 on: Jan 07, 2011, 08:51 AM »
Well, the shack is loaded and ready to roll...just waiting for my fishin' buddy to show up and we're off!  I was hoping to get some advice from you guys but no such luck.  Oh well, a day getting skunked fishing is still better than a day on the couch.  Wish us luck and I will let you know how we made out with the shacks maiden voyage. 

Offline fishinn

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Tight lines & Str8 shootin'
« Reply #2 on: Jan 07, 2011, 10:11 AM »
I fished FPB 3 times in the last month, with the last time right up near Sugar Island.

Didnt do all that well, but you never know what February will bring.  Good luck.

Fishinn

Offline WEMS4350

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 07, 2011, 08:24 PM »
Not much to report from FPB today.  The access road is in great shape.  Thanks to whomever plowed it!! I was a little concerned about getting the new trailer down there but the approach is in nicer shape than most Winnipeg roads.   The fishing on the other hand...not so great.  Threw everything we had down the holes and the pair of us only managed one mariah and a decent size pike. fished in 22feet and 14 feet of water.  Oh well, a great day to be outside fishing(and by outside I sitting in the shack...which we got to a cookin' 30 degrees.)

FYI: If you show up at FPB and find yourself homeless--->  Resourse officers were out collecting shacks today.  Saw one good sized Grey shack go ripping by at about 50kph  (behind a pick up :o)   Moments prior a young guy approached us and asked us if we had seen anyone stealing shacks because his was missing as well.   Sounds like they are impounding shacks that are not properly displaying the owners info. Apparently its $60 to get it back and you have to appear infront of a judge.

heading out to the beach tomorrow to catch some rays, and hopefully a few hogs!

Offline Skiff

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • Walleye, pike, perch...Yeah!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 07, 2011, 09:20 PM »

FYI: If you show up at FPB and find yourself homeless--->  Resourse officers were out collecting shacks today.  Saw one good sized Grey shack go ripping by at about 50kph  (behind a pick up :o)   .... Sounds like they are impounding shacks that are not properly displaying the owners info. Apparently its $60 to get it back and you have to appear infront of a judge.

Wow, that's one effective way to prevent the mess left on the ice like last spring! ... But the regs are pretty clear on the required markings.
"I'm as healthy as I ever was, I just go to the doctor more often".  - one of my retired buddies

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.