Author Topic: Clam 2000 Reinforcement  (Read 5118 times)

Offline whitee27

• IceShanty Rookie
Clam 2000 Reinforcement
« on: Jan 05, 2011, 01:36 PM »
I have read how a few people have braced their 2000 on the inside so the poles will hold up in high winds etc. Do you have any pics of this or how to do it? Thanks in advance.

Offline SoftSpot_716

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Clam 2000 Reinforcement
« Reply #1 on: Jan 05, 2011, 07:42 PM »
Your 2000 didnt come with an adjustable wind pole that goes across the hut end to end and clips to the poles? two of my friends have 2000s and they both have adjustable poles that go across the top.

I no reeds has the clam clips that clip to the hut pole maybe you could get a few of those and fit them to like an adjustable telescoping snowbrush pole  or something along those lines  to support those end poles. 

heres a link to reeds for the clips  http://www.reedssports.com/Product/product.taf?_function=detail&_ID=22852&pc=2619   

another thing i though of when on there something to make it easy  are these     http://www.reedssports.com/Product/product.taf?_function=detail&_ID=22851&pc=2619   they go on the poles over where the push buttons are and you just press the tab and it pushes the button in way easier to get the buttons i with these i have them on my yukon.   I know it has nothing to do with reinforcement but i saw them and its just a friendly suggestion

Offline whitee27

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 06, 2011, 06:55 AM »
Your 2000 didnt come with an adjustable wind pole that goes across the hut end to end and clips to the poles? two of my friends have 2000s and they both have adjustable poles that go across the top.

Thanks. No my clam 2000 didnt come with these poles?

Offline SoftSpot_716

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 06, 2011, 07:53 AM »
 keep me posted how you solve this problem if you could my friend just bought a floor model frabill hut hes going to call frabill and see if they will send him reinforcement poles and if not we may just be trying something like this ourselves

Offline whitee27

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 06, 2011, 09:09 AM »
Will do

Offline whitee27

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 06, 2011, 09:23 AM »
I just emailed Clam corp asking about the support poles. I will post there answer.

Offline tbaltosser

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 06, 2011, 10:32 AM »
Im having the same issue! Went out wensday morning with a light breez, by noon the wind picked up and with me in it, the roof poles fill in and so did the roof. Dont think that would happen if they even had one support to put in the frount or back of shanty.  I'll let you know if you find anything out, i'll do the same for you.

Offline whitee27

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 06, 2011, 11:19 AM »
Sounds good. Between all of us with this issue we should be able to come up with a solution.

Offline SoftSpot_716

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 06, 2011, 11:34 AM »
are you guys taking the roof pole or talking about poles going from end to end on the like across the front or back. We used an adjustable pole out of my yukon in my buddy's clam the one day and when the wind picked up we did not have an issue. we put it across the top. I will put my yukons adjustable pole across the back and the 2000's across the top and see if it makes it any stronger.  will let ya guys know.

Offline whitee27

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 06, 2011, 11:39 AM »
No Not the roof pole (tent poles that hold the roof up). A support pole to give the uprights more strength. This support should run the length of the sides app 6 ft about halfway up the existing poles.

Offline whitee27

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Jan 07, 2011, 12:58 PM »
No response yet from Clam Corp. All they give you is an email. I couldn't find the phone #

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #11 on: Jan 07, 2011, 01:06 PM »
ive had a clam 2000 for 9 years and dont know what you guys are talking about.the spreader pole is the only thing i can think of.mine does alright in the wind.

Offline WMWW

• IceShanty Rookie
  • WMWW
« Reply #12 on: Jan 07, 2011, 05:19 PM »
No response yet from Clam Corp. All they give you is an email. I couldn't find the phone #
Good luck with them getting back with you, I have emailed them 3 time about my 2000's broke floor and have yet to hear from them.
WMWW

Offline mittenclamman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Jan 10, 2011, 05:22 PM »
I had that same problem, I have the older model with a center bar not the tent poles, I took a couple 1/2 pvc poles and put a corner T on the ends to get stay on the frame ( just tucked them between the side frame and the fabric ) works great

Offline $ignmoney

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • My wife and I had words, I did't get to use mine
« Reply #14 on: Jan 11, 2011, 01:14 AM »
Just bought one this fall and I dont have any reinforcement poles,just the take apart roof poles. Maybe they got cheaper? It would be nice to stiffen things up some with a pole on each side ???

Offline Shrades

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Jan 11, 2011, 11:59 AM »
I just bought a 2000 and mine only has the tent style roof ploes. It would be nice to have a little better roof system. But this will work.

Offline whitee27

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Jan 12, 2011, 10:15 AM »
This is just a FYI in case anyone was not aware of this. i bought a Clam 2000 this winter. I also purchased the Clam Ice Anchor's which are for the suitcase style and bottomless style clam shelters (fold up). The instructions say to drill a hole 6 inches from each corner with a 1/4 drill. Nothing big. I emailed Clam corp to find out if this would void the warranty and this is the response
"Hi Chris:

Thank you for contacting Clam.  If you do any type of alterations on the Ice Shelters, It does
void the warranty.

Thanks for buying Clam, We do appreciate your business.

Sincerely

Inge Torell
Clam Corporation\ Polar Sport LLC"

I guess I don't understand this. This is there product why would it void the warranty or why don't they pre drill the holes?

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #17 on: Jan 12, 2011, 10:42 AM »
just kick some snow and ice to build a mound to secure the clam 2000 or take your auger and drill a half hole in the ice and put the rope around it.ive never needed those ice anchors in 9 years of owning my clam 2000.

Offline $ignmoney

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • My wife and I had words, I did't get to use mine
« Reply #18 on: Jan 13, 2011, 12:54 AM »
just kick some snow and ice to build a mound to secure the clam 2000
Thats what we do.  I guess my warranty is no good,I took the roto-zip to mine, now I have 3 holes (needed one in the middle for camera) ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.