Author Topic: big city pond  (Read 779 times)

Offline fishboy 24

• IceShanty Rookie
big city pond
« on: Jan 03, 2011, 09:31 PM »
gonna go check ice in indy tomorrow. lots of small ponds still covered . safe?

Offline Hoosier

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Bucket,some bait and,,what did she ask me to do??
Re: big city pond
« Reply #1 on: Jan 04, 2011, 05:24 PM »
Not so sure about safe,but they are skimmed, BE REAL CAREFULL.Take a buddy,pics,rope,and a PFD.... JT

Offline seabee2866

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 04, 2011, 05:53 PM »
tried to fish some small water in n.Indy tonight...this area had 6 inches of ice before"the thaw". ..went out right off shore and drilled...3inches of ice at best...walked out further....was overs 3 maybe 4inches...fished about a half hour...the ice was cracking and just moving too much...couldn't take it....most of the noise was probably new ice being made but i got the hell out of there...should be good by the weekend with the forecast....be careful ...don't want to hear about you on wish-tv

Offline Fishslayer81

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 04, 2011, 05:56 PM »
tried to fish some small water in n.Indy tonight...this area had 6 inches of ice before"the thaw". ..went out right off shore and drilled...3inches of ice at best...walked out further....was overs 3 maybe 4inches...fished about a half hour...the ice was cracking and just moving too much...couldn't take it....most of the noise was probably new ice being made but i got the hell out of there...should be good by the weekend with the forecast....be careful ...don't want to hear about you on wish-tv

Ice that makes noise is better than "silent" ice... it took me along time to get use to that fact, but it's truth. Anyways be safe out there!

Offline fishboy 24

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 05, 2011, 08:35 AM »
went 2 lake it was about 2 in where lake had came up had about 30 ft 2 good ice couldnt make it 2 old ice gonna go thursday and try again   hope its good almost out of fillets

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.