Author Topic: Weather woes  (Read 921 times)

Offline Holewatcher

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • in a trance watching the flag
Weather woes
« on: Jan 02, 2011, 04:07 PM »
We had some good ice around here but with the extreme weather it's gone to hell I wish it would make up it's mind. Oh I in the Terre Haute area.
I need to go to the bathroom, but it might flip up if I go.

Offline wax_worm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Right out of my ice hole!
Re: Weather woes
« Reply #1 on: Jan 02, 2011, 04:23 PM »
We lost at least half of the good ice we had here on the lakes I fish and what is left is slick and clear, but not as uniform in thickness across small areas as it was before the thaw.

Offline High Tide

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 02, 2011, 05:24 PM »
I can't believe the toll the ice took down here, Morse ripped WIDE open today... I hate wind!!!
I wish I was good at ice fishing!

Offline Boomer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 02, 2011, 07:05 PM »
High Tide - the temps look good for this week in central Indiana. Lots of lows in the teens.

Anyone been to Summit or Westwood for an ice check?

Offline High Tide

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 02, 2011, 07:20 PM »
High Tide - the temps look good for this week in central Indiana. Lots of lows in the teens.

Anyone been to Summit or Westwood for an ice check?

I heard Summit ripped open pretty good, and I wouldn't doubt WW took a beating, as it runs primarily north and south, as well. I fished Friday, and had to hold my rod tip under 2" inches of water to keep it from vibrating to hard, so I can detect the bite, it was HUMMING! I was fishing 100 hundreds from Randy, and could see the heat reflecting off the ice like it was black top... it wasn't good.
I wish I was good at ice fishing!

Offline Juan bond

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The lakes are full of iceholes!
« Reply #5 on: Jan 02, 2011, 08:41 PM »
We had some good ice around here but with the extreme weather it's gone to hell I wish it would make up it's mind. Oh I in the Terre Haute area.

I'm in the same general area and was enjoying the 20 min. to 1 hr. drives for slammer gills, now it back to 2 hr. minimum drives (Slough) and lakes I do not know.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.