Author Topic: Lifetime Licenses???  (Read 1339 times)

Offline duck_hunter_69

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FLAAAGG!!!JACKWAGON!!!
Lifetime Licenses???
« on: Jan 02, 2011, 02:38 AM »
So i sit and kick myself for not buyin it when i graduated high school and decide to email down state to see if they are even considering bringing these back to my utter digust i am told NO the money was not allocated right we (the fine state of IN) are not even considering bringing the lifetime licenses back.  Now here i sit wondering how hard would it be to bring them back allocate the moneys proper to support the FWA areas and the outdoorsman. The moneys being brought in from life time licenses aroiund graduation and christmas alone from parents buying their youths lifetime licenses for gifts be it birthday christmas high school or college graduation would be well more than we get taken for yearly. anyone else on the same page? should we all email down state and show them we support this?? what are everyones thought??
Hardwater Maniacs Pro staff
CrappieZilla Ice Pro staff
Team Extrem Wisconsin Series Competitor

Offline hunting junkie

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing,,,,A way of life..No hobby
Re: Lifetime Licenses???
« Reply #1 on: Jan 02, 2011, 02:49 AM »
I bought mine the year before they went up.They reported that they made over 10 million in sales that year,but they also new right away that was the last dollar they got from me or any one else.Unless i wanna duck hunt.I don't think they will bring them back for that reason.

Offline duck_hunter_69

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FLAAAGG!!!JACKWAGON!!!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 02, 2011, 03:00 AM »
We do have a voice in this we just need to use it there are enough sportspersons (gotta be PC) out there to make them listen

Offline duck_hunter_69

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FLAAAGG!!!JACKWAGON!!!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 02, 2011, 03:07 AM »
And they as in the State of Indiana made 10 million not the DNR none of your lifetime license moneys went to the DNR it was Allocated to the state this is the reason they did away with them
 :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!:

Offline river_scum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • hook n cook
« Reply #4 on: Jan 02, 2011, 07:38 AM »
not to mention the loss of a hundred+ dollars lost every year from every LL holder.

mine has payed for itself from the the hunting/fishing tags since bought.  i make sure im legal too.  i bet,they would yank the liftime the first chance they got.
real fishermen don't ask "where you catch those"

OANN the real story

- member here since -2003- IN.

Offline wallin

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 02, 2011, 07:55 AM »
I have the comprehensive Hunting and it paid for itself in 2 years-my only regret was not having the money
to get the fishing as well at the time-but at that time the wife didn't speak to me for 2 weeks-now she loves it that I bought the license.
I can afford the fishing license easily. They lost money when they seen how much they went up for each deer tag in the few years after.
 ;)
Tom

#1 ice fisssher in IN

« Reply #6 on: Jan 02, 2011, 08:10 AM »
 ;D ;D  I would also have to say mine is  one of the best investment I made . 

Offline ice chaser

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 02, 2011, 08:22 AM »
I bought my son and myself the life time hunting but couldn't afford to include the fishing at the time, I was told by the DNR that at a later date we could upgrade to make it a comprehensive but never checked to see if there is a grandfather clause that would still allow it. I guess I should check into it, if anybody has already asked please let me know. Thanks and Happy New Year
Dewey, Cheatum, and Howe

Offline bop3c

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 02, 2011, 08:25 AM »
bought mine when they first came out.. i am one of the first 800 to buy it...  when i got mine , there were no turkey tags, no upland game stamps, no bonus deer tags,   i hunted and fished for everything, at the time i was spending 50.00 bucks a year on my licensing fees, of course with the addition of all the other tags . i just smiled every time they came out with a new fee... i have the old green license , which the color had been changed years ago.  every time i get checked by the dnr , they tell me your one of the lowest numbers i have ever seen..   through attrition i was told , i might be one of the tophundred or so seniority wise...  don't know if that makes me feel good or makes me think my number is getting closer, if you know what i mean....lol,    at only 53 years old , i think I've gotten my moneys worth out of it...

But referring to the missing my dad story, once again ,it was him who first read it in the news paper and told me , son you need to get this ,  this is something they cant do forever , there is just to much revenue that will be lost with a one time  fee, especially if they start charging new fees or, bring new licenses into the mix.. yet alone raise prices..  I paid 468.00 bucks for it back then,  that was for every thing,  
   I bought my son the same license for 707.00  before the last price increase, bought it for Christmas,  

My dad passed away 6 yrs. ago in Feb.  he taught me everything i know about the outdoors, and yes it still hurts, but its a good hurt when i think of all the stuff he taught me...  and all the memory's.
   And to think, i was just a kid  back when i got my license..   [ of course the age of a kid, gets older and older as we get older ].

THANKS  DAD...  

Offline abishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Jan 02, 2011, 08:46 AM »
What was the price when they first came out? Anyone remember? I thought it was either 175 or 325 can't remember that far back.

Offline TeacherPreacher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Jan 02, 2011, 09:15 AM »
My number is 8706. I bought a Comprehensive Hunting only as I was 57 and figured in a few years I'd be 65 and wouldn't need a fishing license. I figured out how much I spent each year and at that rate if I lived 10 years I'd break even. I believe it was $365. I've been lucky, I beat the system as I turned 72 the day before Christmas. Best purchase I ever made.
 Bought my stepson a Lifetime hunting and fishing license when he graduated from high school. Was $787. Another reason state dropped Lifetime Licenses is that for each license they sell they get reimbursed x amount of $ from the Feds. Another reason they dropped free fishing licenses for seniors. For every license they sell they get $5.00 back from Feds. So for a small senior license fee they get $5.00 back. So they were losing boocoo $.
 If state would budget the DNR $ instesd of cutting them they wouldn't be broke. Every state cut back. Indiana is primarily an agrigultural state and the powers to be could care less about wildlife. Indiana has been a "training ground for DNR" for years. Get your degree and move to Michigan or Wisconsin and up your annual salary by $15,000.
Michigan sold Lifetime licenses for one year. They sold so many they could see the drop in revenue for the future and discontinued sales.
As my buddy says, "Wildlife just abounds in Indiana"!!   Not!
Teacher Preacher
Life is short! Do all that you love to do as often as you can with those that you love!

Offline bop3c

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Jan 02, 2011, 09:47 AM »
468.00  BUCKS   WAS ORIGINAL PRICE FOR ALL LICENSES..  Should have included trapping also, i was told they didnt include that ,because they felt the tree huggers may put the cabosh to the trapping of animals...

Offline Boomer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Jan 02, 2011, 09:48 AM »
I bought my Lifetime CHF back in 1984 and if I remember right I paid $486 for it with my first tax refund. My older brother told me to invest the money in a CD instead and pay for my license with the interest. This is one time I think I did the right thing. I buy my federal migratory waterfowl stamp each year and that is it. Sorry to you you do not have or did not get the chance to buy one. I wanted to get one for my son when he was born. They said I could not do it because he had not passed his hunter ed class yet. (Why not, it would just mean that he would have to have his hunter ed card with him when he hunted. And what about fishing? My wife didn't want to spend the money back then as she was just starting hunting. Now each year she has to get a new set of lecenses ???

My number is 1333. Have a friend and he, his brother and father all bought theirs when they had the first lottery. There numbers are in the 300's!

Offline bop3c

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Jan 02, 2011, 09:55 AM »
they didnt sell  them in 1984..  it was 1986..  i have the same memory problem,  i like to think it is sometimers disease.  some times i remember some times i dont.. either way it was a long time ago...

Offline Retired-UAW

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Personal Best 7 lbs even
« Reply #14 on: Jan 02, 2011, 10:07 AM »
WISH I HAD BOUGHT THEM. DIDN'T LISTEN TO LOCAL BAIT SHOP OWNER. THOUGHT I WOULD GET TOO OLD TO HUNT. FOUND OUT DIFFERENT. REALLY MISSED BOAT ON THAT ONE. GOT ME A PLACE WITH 28 ACERS AND A ONE ACER POND. DON'T REALLY NEED LICENCE TO HUT OR FISH HERE.BOUGHT BOTH LICENCES LAST YEAR FOR FIRST TIME IN ABOUT 15 YEARS. NEED THEM TO HUNT ON NEIGHBORS LAND. AMAZED HOW MUCH THEY WERE. COULD HAVE REALLY SAVED ON THEM NOW. THAT MEMORY PROBLEM IS CRS. I HAVE THAT NOW AND THEN TOO. ;D
\\\"WORK\\\" is for people who don`t know how to \\\"FISH\\\"

Offline rivereddy

• Team IceShanty Addict
My number is in the low 900's
« Reply #15 on: Jan 02, 2011, 10:59 AM »
The wife got me a comprehensive hunting and fishing license
as a Valentine gift the first year they came out.  For her birthday
I got her a comprehensive fishing license. (She doesn't hunt)
$486 sounds about right for mine and I think hers was a little
less than $200. At that time, that was chunk change. To this
day, we feel it was money well spent.  As I recall the state
advertised them as a way to infuse the DNR with a slug of
funds for major projects going on at that time.

fish on,

rivereddy

Offline seabee

• IceShanty Rookie
  • I've got it bad!
« Reply #16 on: Jan 02, 2011, 11:03 AM »
Another reason state dropped Lifetime Licenses is that for each license they sell they get reimbursed x amount of $ from the Feds. Another reason they dropped free fishing licenses for seniors. For every license they sell they get $5.00 back from Feds. So for a small senior license fee they get $5.00 back.

You are correct, this is the reason they stopped selling the LL. And it wont be back anytime soon.

#1 ice fisssher in IN

« Reply #17 on: Jan 02, 2011, 12:00 PM »
 I bought a comprehensive fishing one in 2001 it was 262.50 just for fishing.  The number on mine is around the 630.

Offline blueultra2

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Jan 02, 2011, 12:07 PM »
I purchased my LL when it was $525 for the Comprehensive Hunting with no fishing. I wish at the time I could have had the fishing also but I couldn't afford it at the time. I wish there was a way to add it since I'm already a LL holder.

Offline heinidog

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Jan 02, 2011, 03:02 PM »
Got mine in 1991 h&f best gift I ever got myself. Fill a lot of deer tags and fish yet to tag a turkey.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.