Author Topic: bionic fish finder  (Read 4242 times)

Offline leclairro

• IceShanty Rookie
bionic fish finder
« on: Jan 01, 2011, 07:38 PM »
I purchased a "bionic fish finder" (as seen on TV) the other day and failed to do research before spending the $30 bucks. Ever since I ordered I keep seeing reviews advising it is a peice of crap, anybody had any experiance with one?

http://www.bestofasseenontv.com/Bionic_fish_finder/Bionic_fish_finder.html

Offline SDFlagChaser

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: bionic fish finder
« Reply #1 on: Jan 01, 2011, 07:55 PM »
hmm,  i guess all you can do is try it out. 

Offline Smeltkiller

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 01, 2011, 08:42 PM »
Top of the page says 100% satisfacion garanteed. Call now and find out the return policy before it  comes in. ;D

Offline fishville

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 01, 2011, 09:30 PM »
I had something similar from Radio Shack. I was good for finding depth and did show fish. i only got one season out of it before it stopped working.
Sometimes it feels like I live in a Pat McManus story!

Offline pikeking

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4 on: Jan 01, 2011, 09:34 PM »
I purchased a "bionic fish finder" (as seen on TV) the other day and failed to do research before spending the $30 bucks. Ever since I ordered I keep seeing reviews advising it is a peice of crap, anybody had any experiance with one?

If fishing was work I'd never be sick!

Offline ispoman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jan 01, 2011, 09:45 PM »
30 bucks versus 300 bucks for an entry level flasher. Do the math einstein

Offline Smeltkiller

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 01, 2011, 11:08 PM »
There is a $89 eagle lcd at Gander right now.  I still have a leeser unit that my familu udes to this day. I hauled out a marine batter from my boat years ago to find fish on the ice and my family can tell you I put them on fish. The easy fish is an awsome finder for under a $100 and a 9ah battery($29) and you can be in buisness. EVen a simple toolbox or rubermaid container can hold the unit. Go with this rather than super cheap.

Offline strike1st

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 02, 2011, 12:49 AM »
The showdown troller is on sale at Cabelas or bass pro for 159.

I have seen that bionic fishfinder unit labeled 20 different ways on several sights. don't know anyone who owns one though.
"All men have fears, but the brave put down their fears and go forward, sometimes to death, but always to victory" motto of the King's Guard in ancient Greece.

Offline Fishrmn

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Prayin' for sub-zero temps.
« Reply #8 on: Jan 02, 2011, 12:57 AM »

Sure, you get something that the manufacturer calls a fishfinder for 10% of the price of a real fishfinder.  Sounds like a great deal.  Until you have to throw the bargain unit away and still have to come up with the price of a real fishfinder.  In the mean time you've gained an education and wasted valuable fishin' time that you could have spent with a real fishfinder.  Yep.  Sounds like simple math.  Einstein would be proud.

Fishrmn
Fishrmn

"I tolerate with the utmost latitude the right of others to differ from me in opinion." Thomas Jefferson

Offline sfw1960

• IceShanty Rookie
  • A color LCD just for me, 4KW for your eyes only!
« Reply #9 on: Jan 02, 2011, 03:40 AM »
You don't get much for $30, now do you??
 :o
HB Helix Chirp DI GPS G2/XI 9 1521 on !CE sure is n!CE - Lose the Vex and get 4 KiloWatts of Vex-blinding 'Bird power, and "see ALL of what's down there"   >:D

Bringer OF the 'Bird ~ Robert

Offline Sullymon

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Where's Waldo?
« Reply #10 on: Jan 02, 2011, 09:35 AM »
What made you think that $30 would buy you a new sonar that would be viable?

Offline Madpuppy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • CAGA HOKUWA
« Reply #11 on: Jan 02, 2011, 09:39 AM »
2 things come to mind for me "Let the buyer beware" and "as seen on TV" ::)
That's about all I have to say about that.
I'D RATHER BE HATED FOR WHO I AM,
THAN LOVED FOR WHO I'M NOT.

Offline ispoman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Jan 02, 2011, 11:18 AM »
What made you think that $30 would buy you a new sonar that would be viable?
This was my point.
I wouldnt buy a brand new car for 2500 either as the average price is 25000.

Offline oldhuts

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Jan 02, 2011, 12:14 PM »
i bought an eagle 128,,yrs ago ,,pulled it out of my boat and fit it in a small snap lid plastic box from dollar general,,new marine batt,,$45.00  it works great,,,put the trans ducer on a pole. and when lowered in the water the trans,,,shoots horizontal,,,not vertical.. we pace it out drill and always get fish,,,,,,on craigs list rochester,,barter or sports sales  there is a brand new fish finder for $125.oo?? well worth getting

Offline leclairro

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Jan 04, 2011, 07:17 PM »
Some of you don't seem to understand, I didn't go into this transaction hoping to get something the quality of a $300 unit, I am not retarded. I am simply asking if anyone else has tried this cheap thing and had an luck with it beyond the first use. If it's a peice of crap, I'll return it, if I get one season out of it, then thats cool too. Just wondering if anybody has every used it, not looking to be insulted and talked too like moron. Thanks all

Offline strike1st

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Jan 05, 2011, 11:17 PM »
Some of you don't seem to understand, I didn't go into this transaction hoping to get something the quality of a $300 unit, I am not retarded. I am simply asking if anyone else has tried this cheap thing and had an luck with it beyond the first use. If it's a peice of ****, I'll return it, if I get one season out of it, then thats cool too. Just wondering if anybody has every used it, not looking to be insulted and talked too like moron. Thanks all

Just ignore them. If you can get depth and mark some fish for a season great...I know Walmart sells a portable that works decent for like 80 bucks. Good luck!
"All men have fears, but the brave put down their fears and go forward, sometimes to death, but always to victory" motto of the King's Guard in ancient Greece.

Offline toocheaptosmoke

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Is it lunch time yet?
« Reply #16 on: Jan 06, 2011, 12:39 AM »
When spending 200 or 300 dollars on a fish finder is not an option, what's wrong with trying to at least find something to use?   I was also seriously checking out those pocket type fish finders this past fall.  With the amount of cheap electronics available today (thanks china...) you would think that a cheap, but half decent sonar would be available.  They sell micro camera's that take amazing quality movies and pictures, for just a few bucks.  But, maybe the market just isn't there.  Recently bought an old lowrance flasher made for console mount on a boat, for $25.  Before purchasing I read a lot on here, most saying they were worthless.  Well, guess what, I took a chance and the darn thing works pretty good for what it is!   For the price it was well worth it, nothing ventured nothing gained.
[signature removed]

Offline Madpuppy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • CAGA HOKUWA
« Reply #17 on: Jan 06, 2011, 07:30 AM »
Some of you don't seem to understand, I didn't go into this transaction hoping to get something the quality of a $300 unit, I am not retarded. I am simply asking if anyone else has tried this cheap thing and had an luck with it beyond the first use. If it's a peice of ****, I'll return it, if I get one season out of it, then thats cool too. Just wondering if anybody has every used it, not looking to be insulted and talked too like moron. Thanks all
Nobody's saying anything except that it probably wasn't a good decision to purchase a new item for $30, sometimes when typing on the internet without the benefit of seeing the person in front of you things sound bad. We josh each other on here for fun for the most part. Take it for what it's worth and give a little back.
I would try Craigslist or your local thrift shops for a used one if money is an issue. I have also found some good used icefishing stuff in the summertime at garage sales.
Just a thought, good fishing!
I'D RATHER BE HATED FOR WHO I AM,
THAN LOVED FOR WHO I'M NOT.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.