Author Topic: one year today  (Read 1067 times)

Offline bgriffis17

• Team IceShanty Addict
one year today
« on: Jan 01, 2011, 05:52 PM »
I lost my DAD one year ago today, the man that took me fishing,hunting, passed his trade on to me as a carpenter some of you in the warsaw area my of had one of his icefishing boxes he allways put his name and add. on the bottom, Iam not looking for sympathy as we all go throgh this at some time just dont let a chance to take the kids or your dad or freinds out there are no second chances, hope to see ya on the ice soon Brad.
fishing is hard can I go home now

Offline blufloyd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Re: one year today
« Reply #1 on: Jan 01, 2011, 06:00 PM »
I live every day like it is my last if possible.  25 years since my Dad passed but put more of his lessons to use than anyone's.
I fish better with a lit cigar; some people fish better with talent. ~Nick Lyons, Bright Rivers, 1977

Offline A- bomb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • THE ORIGINAL...ORIGINAL! Go drop A Bomb on 'em
« Reply #2 on: Jan 01, 2011, 06:07 PM »
BEEN A WHILE SINCE WEVE TALKED AND I WAS UNAWARE....SORRY BOUT THE LOSS!
WISH THE WEATHER WOULD HAVE COOPERATED AND WE'D HAVE ICED A FEW FOR OLD DAD!
Lack of planning on your part in NO way constitutes an EMERGENCY on mine

Offline wallin

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 01, 2011, 07:38 PM »
Brad I am sorry for your loss as I am for my own.
Enjoy your parents, your friends, children for life is to short.
May they Rest In Peace and may we pass it on as they have to us.
Fish-on

Tom
Tom

Offline bubbagill

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Marking Reds, Catching Greens.
« Reply #4 on: Jan 01, 2011, 07:46 PM »
I am so sorry to hear of your loss.  I lost Momma Ten years ago, and understand the anniversary thing completely.  She taught me nothing about fishing but everything about life and how to live it.  All I have to offer is this, it gets better, but not easier, there is nothing that can fill the void left by the lost family member, but if you have a positive attitude and share with others in your life the fact that we must live while we are living.  Take anyone around you ice fishing and get them on fish and that alone is enough reinforcement to keep up a positive attitude.  Again sorry to hear of your loss, take care, Bubba.
Marking Reds, catching Greens.
HOLY COW.  Go Cubs Go.

Offline marmooskapaul

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 01, 2011, 08:51 PM »
My dad died on a Thursday, he was fishing Westwood in his boat and I was fishing Summit in my boat. My cousin had to come out to Summit in his boat to find me and tell me. My dad died in the fish cleaning station at Westwood cleaning a bunch of bluegills. We had fished a bass tournament together Tuesday.
I hope I go about the same way.
Paul

Offline rivereddy

• Team IceShanty Addict
Sympathy shared,
« Reply #6 on: Jan 01, 2011, 09:04 PM »
I lost my dad a year ago Labor Day and not a day goes by that
I don't catch myself thinking of him.  Know that you and yours
will be in my thoughts

rivereddy

Offline Flat Bob

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 01, 2011, 09:22 PM »
I lost my Father 3 years ago. Every time I go fishing i take one of his rods and tackle boxes with just to bring him along with me. The last day he went fishing was on Dec. 27 I try to go Every Dec 27th i can. Live my life everyday with him in my thoughts with the knowledge he gave me in the outdoors and in my career.
Lets go get em

Offline seabee2866

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 01, 2011, 10:15 PM »
my thoughts are with you...my dad taught me all I know about fishing..and life..thank GOD. I spent 30 years trolling lake Michigan with him learning..and I would catch myself once in a while looking around and knowing that some day this would end..as perfect as it was!! And it did five years ago last thanksgiving...but great memory's go on....

wishing you comfort with the memories you have 

Offline crappiehunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Crappie too big for the hole!!! LOL!!
« Reply #9 on: Jan 02, 2011, 06:14 AM »
Sorry to hear about your loss but I can relate this year like never before. My dad passed about 3 weeks ago, still fresh in many ways. I'm sure it gets better but never goes away. God's grace to you.

Offline wallin

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Jan 02, 2011, 08:02 AM »
Sorry for your loss crappiehunter.
Everytime it hurts I smile and think of the good times.
Tom

Offline teardrop

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Jan 02, 2011, 09:05 AM »
I am sorry for your loss. Lost my dad and my brother in 2006, 30 days apart. They were my ice fishing, deer and mushroom hunting buddies, still use my brothers shappel rover when ever I go. He bought it and never got to use it. Not one day, or fishing trip do I not think of them or what I learned from them. I would say it gets easier, but it really doesn't.  Hope you find some peace of mind. I have with my grandson's. I think it is that family bond that enables you to fill the void when you lose what is closest to you.  teardrop

Offline denhar

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Jan 02, 2011, 09:31 PM »
My gramps taught my dad my dad taught me and i showed my kids. that way they never die.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.