Author Topic: Rude Dudes  (Read 2591 times)

Offline walleyedan

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I live for ICE fishing!!!
Rude Dudes
« on: Dec 31, 2010, 07:21 PM »
Just when you think you saw everything while ice fishing.  Aprox. 40 guys fishing and working hard on getting a bite when we got invaded.  Three guys on a snowmobile pulling a sled whipped into the middle of the pack.  They came within 2 ft of one guy and 8ft. of me.  They parked over holes we were fishing in.  They bailed off the machine and started drilling holes.  I wished that I had owned a power auger. 

Offline bret

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • approaching "Grumpy Old Man" age
Re: Rude Dudes
« Reply #1 on: Dec 31, 2010, 07:45 PM »
I guess they don't understand being courteous and respectful of other fisherman..... >:(
Never Judge A Day By The Weather.
YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCloEWXfcjMRYo9J6qOLtggQ

Offline Fishslayer81

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 31, 2010, 07:46 PM »
Wow thats crazy! Its amazing how rude people are these days.

Offline marmooskapaul

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 31, 2010, 08:05 PM »
I would have quietly left and went to the parking lot. I would have found the sled trailor and they would have needed a lot of spares to drive home. Hypotheticaly of course.
Paul

Offline IceBucky

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • DONT SETTLE FIND THE FISH
« Reply #4 on: Dec 31, 2010, 09:07 PM »
is this rude last night on Hamilton 3 guys came out and started drilling holes around my tip up where nobody fishes and drilled a hole two feet away and sat there.what the french toast!     yea people can be rude.

Offline Greg2ha

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pollock $1.49 a pound!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #5 on: Dec 31, 2010, 09:35 PM »
2 feet? :o
Fish on!

Offline IceBucky

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • DONT SETTLE FIND THE FISH
« Reply #6 on: Dec 31, 2010, 11:16 PM »
2 feet? :o
yes i even pointed it out to some one i did not even know.

Offline Derslayer1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • EAT   SLEEP   FISH
« Reply #7 on: Jan 01, 2011, 05:34 AM »
it would have been ON for me

Offline stag

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • It's what I do....
« Reply #8 on: Jan 01, 2011, 06:25 AM »
I would have quietly left and went to the parking lot. I would have found the sled trailor and they would have needed a lot of spares to drive home. Hypotheticaly of course.
Paul
Now thats one option.... ;D
Duane

Offline stag

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • It's what I do....
« Reply #9 on: Jan 01, 2011, 06:27 AM »
it would have been ON for me
And this is another option.....I think we have a winner !!!
Duane

Offline bradmoun

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 01, 2011, 07:35 AM »
had same problem a few years  ago on sylvan everyone and their brother was out fishing then a snowmobile pulling a 12ft jon boat full of people showed up got out gas augered about a dozen holes 10 feet away from us asked us what we were using fished about five minutes then piled back in their boat buzzed off there was nobody around us for 5 6 hundred yards they just had to buzz around us a jon boat across ice makes a heck of a lot of noise

Offline icemantwo

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Jan 01, 2011, 08:12 AM »
Wow it's amazing what you see on the ice anymore. 
A day without fishing is a day wasted.

Offline bop3c

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Jan 01, 2011, 08:46 AM »
some people do need to be eliminated from the gene pool !!!  lol   ;D

Offline countryboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FISH ON!
« Reply #13 on: Jan 01, 2011, 11:54 AM »
IDIOTS!

Offline ice_mike

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #14 on: Jan 01, 2011, 11:57 AM »
Might as well get use to it!
It happens all the time.
We pulled our tip ups once because they were catching fish. It seemed like 2 guys moved in on us every time a flag went up.
My son and I ended up both limiting out on eyes in the shanty.
Guys would walk up and ask how we were doing. My reply was "not good, got a couple" ;)

Offline Fishslayer81

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Jan 01, 2011, 01:23 PM »
It happens all the time.
We pulled our tip ups once because they were catching fish. It seemed like 2 guys moved in on us every time a flag went up.
Guys would walk up and ask how we were doing. My reply was "not good, got a couple" ;)

Getting use to it is not the answer imo! Say something to the idiots... atleast I do.

Offline muskiesteve

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Jan 01, 2011, 02:54 PM »
I agree with Countryboy!

Offline abishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Jan 01, 2011, 03:03 PM »
It happens all the time.
Mike where did you and your son limit out. Our secret spot? When last year?

Offline Capt J

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Jan 01, 2011, 03:06 PM »
that sucks

Offline Boomer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #19 on: Jan 01, 2011, 03:33 PM »
A lady I work with always says when this happens: "Hoot owls don't raise canaries."

Teach them right to begin with and they will do the right thing always.

The last time I was out on Salamonie I drilled a couple extra holes near me and was not using them. I actually told a couple of people that they could use them, I was doing alright where i was. Kinda trying to be neighborly.

Offline Piggyn

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #20 on: Jan 01, 2011, 03:52 PM »
some people do need to be eliminated from the gene pool !!!  lol   ;D

In this case you may very well be right.
Catching the lunkers of tomorrow today!

Offline Ice Hoosier

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #21 on: Jan 01, 2011, 04:43 PM »
I hate rude dudes.  What I hate even more is when you go to a lake where you know that the only decent spot is where everyone is and you really have no choice bet to work around them, try to be friendly, and work your way in.  I always feel horrible, and just hope that the guys out there are understanding that this is THE SPOT.  You have to wonder if some of these other clowns have a concious at all. 

Offline bradmoun

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Jan 01, 2011, 05:20 PM »
What is really rude is when a guy comes walking up drills a hole 5 feet away and says I seen you threw binoculars catching fish and  decided to come out to fish and this guy has done it before not just me but others on sylvan cain basin 

Offline bubbagill

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Marking Reds, Catching Greens.
« Reply #23 on: Jan 01, 2011, 05:44 PM »
It happens all too often unfortunately.  I was sitting in my Clam last season on public water and heard some one approaching me, well long story short it sounded as if he was getting really close and as he was drilling his hole his elbows were touching the fabric on my shack he was so close, I started screaming R rated language as it was so absurd that I assumed it had to be one of my buddies, never had seen the guy before in my life.  I said dude this is pretty close dont ya think, his reply was well I was gonna use your shanty as wind block, WOW.  The sad part is this is a true story.  He did not get a wind block to say the least.
Marking Reds, catching Greens.
HOLY COW.  Go Cubs Go.

Offline ice_mike

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #24 on: Jan 01, 2011, 07:32 PM »
Al, it was a few years ago.
Not the secret spot but same lake.
I haven't been back to the location for a couple years.
It's a long walk from anywhere.

Offline wawaseebass

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #25 on: Jan 02, 2011, 11:44 AM »
I was on Wawasee Friday with 4 of my buddies and we were all hole hopping as the fish were movin quite a bit. Well here comes 2 older fellas with their 1 rod and their old spade drills. They come right down and are fishing within 5 feet of my buddy and I. We figured oh well we will just move no big deal. Well in the mean time I look in my hole (we were sight fishing) and here is a BULL eyeballing my bait. So im workin him and as hes about ready to bite.... I hear a small waterfall. I look over and here is this clown pissing in the middle of this channel for everyone to see not 5 feet from me. Of course fish was gone. So I gave the guy an ear full and told him what a clown he was and packed up and headed home. Some people are truly Jackwagons.

Offline wax_worm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Right out of my ice hole!
« Reply #26 on: Jan 02, 2011, 12:40 PM »
I was on Wawasee Friday with 4 of my buddies and we were all hole hopping as the fish were movin quite a bit. Well here comes 2 older fellas with their 1 rod and their old spade drills. They come right down and are fishing within 5 feet of my buddy and I. We figured oh well we will just move no big deal. Well in the mean time I look in my hole (we were sight fishing) and here is a BULL eyeballing my bait. So im workin him and as hes about ready to bite.... I hear a small waterfall. I look over and here is this clown pissing in the middle of this channel for everyone to see not 5 feet from me. Of course fish was gone. So I gave the guy an ear full and told him what a clown he was and packed up and headed home. Some people are truly Jackwagons.

Welcome to wawasee channel fishing!!  Yep...it is people like this that make the property owners on the channels less likely to grant permission to access the channel from their property.  I don't know anyone that wants to look out thier window on a saturday morning to see some 60 yr old holding his johnson and writing his name in the ice right in the middle of the channel!!   :o :o....They don't own the channel or the water in it, but they have a right not to witness that on a daily basis.

Offline ispoman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #27 on: Jan 02, 2011, 12:54 PM »
The lesson here is, dont buy a house on a lake that has public access.

Offline river_scum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • hook n cook
« Reply #28 on: Jan 02, 2011, 01:47 PM »
I can see people moving in on you in some situations.  a place like silver lk, for example, its exspected.  but to be out on a break in the middle of nowhere and have people set up on you, thats bullspit!  and to drill a few feet away from your shanty or tip-up is just plain rude.  we mostly fish during the weekdays. less people to deal with then.
real fishermen don't ask "where you catch those"

OANN the real story

- member here since -2003- IN.

Offline walleyedan

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I live for ICE fishing!!!
« Reply #29 on: Jan 02, 2011, 02:07 PM »
When I started this post the incident happend in the pm on the second lake I was on.  I started the day on Sylvan and I was fishing on the outside of the crowd about 12" from the nearest guy.  I was catching them pretty often and anyone around had left so I was alone.  Then out of now where 3 guys started drilling within 5 ft. on me.  They weren't catching anything but I was still catching.  After 52 yrs. of ice fishing I'm used to be drilled on but the snowmobile thing is crap.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.