New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Small Boat Harbor  (Read 8734 times)

Offline 12icashdollar

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Small Boat Harbor
« Reply #60 on: Jan 07, 2011, 07:03 PM »
wow thats nuts when i was there last week end that was still open water in fact there where quit a number of boats out duck hunting wonder what they were doing

Offline silvercreeker

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #61 on: Jan 07, 2011, 08:41 PM »
Be out there in 10 hrs.  Maybe a big smelt fry tomorrow night.  The Ice Shanty flag will be flying!
The Greenhornet's caught more fish then you've lied about, Gustafson!

Offline viking king

• IceShanty Rookie
  • The ice man cometh.....
« Reply #62 on: Jan 08, 2011, 06:33 AM »
Smelt ='s a fish fry ;D ;D ;D....and pike will follow the smelt into the harbor....Hook a smelt and let that flag sit.
Can't wait...counting the hours till morning.....Fish them hard boys....Greg

Offline 2fishyfingers

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #63 on: Jan 08, 2011, 11:12 AM »
Anyone getting decent perch?

Offline Iceangler247

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #64 on: Jan 08, 2011, 11:30 AM »
Can not wait to get out tomarrow!!!
FLCC Fisheries Tech.

Offline silvercreeker

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #65 on: Jan 08, 2011, 06:59 PM »
Watched some big pike on the camera today.  BIG pike, fun watching them eat the smelt!
The Greenhornet's caught more fish then you've lied about, Gustafson!

Offline 12icashdollar

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #66 on: Jan 08, 2011, 10:37 PM »
ive herd from a bunch the perch moved in about a week ago and there good ones to i think this year the harbor has been the best in a long time well good luck

Offline Iceangler247

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #67 on: Jan 09, 2011, 04:38 PM »
Nothing to good today. fished form around 10-5 caught close to 75 smelt. about 10 gillz and 1 LMB about 12 inches, That was a fun fight on the ultra light!

Oh yea, To who ever decided to bury a couple of Molson Canadian Export beer bottles in the snow and leave them there,Dont worry i picked them up for your lazy ass. >:(
FLCC Fisheries Tech.

Offline wnystxguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #68 on: Jan 09, 2011, 06:04 PM »
we caugt lots of smelt...a few gills and lost a decent pike at the hole! not a horrible day!

Offline hard4ice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #69 on: Jan 10, 2011, 12:00 AM »
was at harbor today got 9 keeper perch between 9-12" (measured), lost 2 more nice ones at the hole,  lots of smelt and some gills and more small perch............  i got a smelt on my jig tipped with spike,  just as i started to reel up it got slammed, i brought him out of the hole and a 9" perch got greedy and had the smelt in his throat was practically choking on it  :roflmao: 
When hell freezes over, i'll be ice fishing there too!!

Offline viking king

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #70 on: Jan 10, 2011, 06:32 AM »
Not a bad day at the harbor....Between everybody giving smelt away and my tent we had an incredible smelt fry at the house after... ;D ;D....Highlights of the day were my wife catching a 17" Northern on a micro jig tipped with a spike on 2 lb. test.....She was having fun on the camera catching smelt and got that pike to hit. Amazing that little hook was able to penetrate any skin on the lip....Tough fishing by the pipes but a smelt dinner wasn't hard to swallow....Thanks for the help with my buddys clam Mike...and Chris for the smelt and the venison sticks..Good people and good times....Oh, by the way Chris, I also picked up a bunch of debris on my way off the ice... Whats it gonna take to get through to these people, take out what you take in....Tight lines my friend....Greg

Offline Iceangler247

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #71 on: Jan 10, 2011, 03:10 PM »
and Chris for the smelt and the venison sticks..Good people and good times....Oh, by the way Chris, I also picked up a bunch of debris on my way off the ice... Whats it gonna take to get through to these people, take out what you take in....Tight lines my friend....Greg

No problem man. And yea it seems everytime i got out i bring more stuff back then when i go out. And let me tell you it was fun explainingthe beerbottles in the sled to my dad. ;) and thanks for the cookies!
FLCC Fisheries Tech.

Offline Iceangler247

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #72 on: Jan 26, 2011, 07:59 PM »
You been out lately viking?
FLCC Fisheries Tech.

Offline viking king

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #73 on: Jan 27, 2011, 02:08 PM »
Went rabbit hunting last weekend and my mother-in-law passed away this week.....doing an overnighter on Chatauqua on Sunday and fishing early Monday........just made some new micro jigs for the perch....hows the Harbor doing????

Offline Windknots

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #74 on: Jan 28, 2011, 09:20 PM »
Fished SBH today, 8-1pm, all dinks.  Saw 2 nice pike look at my jig and scoot by.  Lotta people out there but by 1pm folks were leaving.  Must have done as well as me.  2 a- holes left their Tim Hortons cups for their mother to clean up....

Offline 12icashdollar

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #75 on: Jan 28, 2011, 11:48 PM »
fished it today saw prolly 30 pick on the cam bunch of largies to also saw my first steelhead in the harbor today no takers tho but could have kept like 2 or 3 perch bite was slow real small jigs light bites well fishin tom good luck

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.