New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Sandy pond  (Read 28918 times)

Offline Bosoxiceman

• IceShanty Rookie
Sandy pond
« on: Dec 17, 2010, 03:37 PM »
Im thinking of going to the pond sunday. Going to go out at eddies cove or wigwam anyone wanna go out? Just checking.

Offline Ron Plocek

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Sandy pond
« Reply #1 on: Dec 17, 2010, 04:48 PM »
It looks like 3 of us are going out of Wig Wam... You are more than welcome to join us..

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2 on: Dec 17, 2010, 05:23 PM »
Im thinking of going to the pond sunday. Going to go out at eddies cove or wigwam anyone wanna go out? Just checking.
just go around the corner and try the pannies there  ::)

Offline Cusefan78

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 17, 2010, 05:35 PM »
I was out there today and caught a bunch. I'm going in the morning out of the wigwam. I should be there around 645. Also I would love to go out Sunday if youre looking for people but I'm planning on going out tomorrow night so I wouldn't be up there till ten or so.
2011 King of the pond champion. Don't hate me cause I'm great!

Offline afwrestler1986

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 17, 2010, 06:12 PM »
I am also going to the pond Tomorrow and probably late into the night.
[Img]http://i63.tinypic.com/ei5njr.png[img]

Offline Bootleggers

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 17, 2010, 06:51 PM »
looking to go tomorrow is the ice safe,and how much is their? thank you and happy jigging. FLAG!!!!!!!!

Offline Cusefan78

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 17, 2010, 06:54 PM »
Boot. I was out there all day today around 5 inches of ice. There is a ton of snow. I will be back out tomorrow morning.

Offline year-round-fishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #7 on: Dec 17, 2010, 10:09 PM »
Anyone check out the ice off of the Elms launch? Would love to know.

Offline rlowery

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 17, 2010, 10:22 PM »
elms is posted and roped off, cant get out of there this year. thats what we get when jamokes get lazy and inconsiderate >:( now its pay to park unless you know someone.
"Don't take any wooden nickels"
Oswego,NY  CU Alum ~Go Golden Knights~

Offline MeatHunter737

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • GutPileStyle
« Reply #9 on: Dec 17, 2010, 10:28 PM »
going out of the wigwam Sunday...

Offline Bootleggers

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Dec 18, 2010, 12:15 AM »
Boot. I was out there all day today around 5 inches of ice. There is a ton of snow. I will be back out tomorrow morning.
thank you cuse will be out there tomorrow

Offline Bootleggers

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Dec 18, 2010, 12:20 AM »
thank you cusefan will see u out there tomorrow :tipup:

Offline Cusefan78

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Dec 18, 2010, 05:24 PM »
Ok lots of questions. There are no apps for this site as far as I know but somebody should set one up. I have 3G on on the pond and am able to use my iPhone to post. The kites were a bunch of kids hOoked to sleds. The ice was around 4.5 inches with around 10 inches of snow. Fish were biting but it dryed uP around 2. I'll be up on the ice around 11 or so tomorrow if any of you guys want to fish. Let me know!

adam2000

« Reply #13 on: Dec 18, 2010, 06:16 PM »
Cuse and boot what's withe kite over there at Wig-Wam? Couldn't you guys catch any fish. You had to resort to flyin kites? ;D ;D ;D ;D :clap: :clap:

2 kids with snowboards, i was with HT today, i heard him talking to goonboy on the phone, they were 20 ft from us

Offline afwrestler1986

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Dec 18, 2010, 06:46 PM »
I didn't do too bad out there today. Caught about 12 keepers. My dog would have been happier with about 6 inches less of snow. Not too bad for the first trip of the season.
[Img]http://i63.tinypic.com/ei5njr.png[img]

Offline boober

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Dec 18, 2010, 08:22 PM »
Anyone check out the ice off of the Elms launch? Would love to know.
i fished green point today on the way home i stoped at the elms.the lot was plowed you have to pay five buck's.there were about seven shanty that i seen.stay safe and on top. :tipup:ooo i had a good day at green point.

adam2000

« Reply #16 on: Dec 18, 2010, 08:25 PM »
yup great day on the ice, i could of not caught any and been happy

Offline lovetofish

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #17 on: Dec 20, 2010, 06:07 PM »

Tell me more about parking at the elms golf course.  Last year you just parked at lot or the road.  Who takes the $?  Why is is it different from last year? Is there anywhere else to park near? I fished theren last yeart 15 times last year with no issues.

Offline muskrat bay

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "Get you some of that"
« Reply #18 on: Dec 20, 2010, 07:09 PM »

Tell me more about parking at the elms golf course.  Last year you just parked at lot or the road.  Who takes the $?  Why is is it different from last year? Is there anywhere else to park near? I fished theren last yeart 15 times last year with no issues.
when you drive in there is a white bldg. on your right across from the parking area just write your plate # on the 5 dollar bill and put it in the key slot thats all i have been doing
"life aint no rehearsal boy,you only get one chance, you will learn it by the seat of your pants"

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #19 on: Dec 21, 2010, 04:52 AM »
 not many golfers this time of year ,and it does cost to have it plowed , the way it was left last year fishermen are lucky  that he is even letting anyone park there at all , if you fish big bay you pay to park

Offline cnypanfisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Dec 21, 2010, 05:48 AM »
ll 3 places to park at Sandy are 5 bux, I would just be happy to be able to fish the Elm side, I like it better as the walk to decent fish is shorter. The only thing that's better about GP is there is a porta pooper in the parking lot the lady puts there, it came in handy after that breakfast at Brandy's last week. Somebody forgot to turn the heater on though.

cny

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #21 on: Dec 21, 2010, 08:09 AM »
 if it's to cold be careful you don't stick to the seat :nono:

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #22 on: Dec 21, 2010, 08:14 AM »
hey  i  don't  blame   anyone  for  charging!  people  were  pigs  up  there  last year  and  the  fisherman  that  walked  by it  and  never  picked  it  up  were  just  as  bad  ...  i  hear  all  this  talk  about  ..."if  you take  a  small  fish  i'll  call  the  dec"  ...why  didn't  anyone  call  when  private  property  was  being  torn  up ???????????  well  save  a  illegal  bass   but  let  some ass   run  his  4  wheeler  across  someones  yard  ....  i  don't  even  wanna  hear  it  .... 
                                                                                                             life  is  good

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #23 on: Dec 21, 2010, 08:56 AM »
hey  i  don't  blame   anyone  for  charging!  people  were  pigs  up  there  last year  and  the  fisherman  that  walked  by it  and  never  picked  it  up  were  just  as  bad  ...  i  hear  all  this  talk  about  ..."if  you take  a  small  fish  i'll  call  the  dec"  ...why  didn't  anyone  call  when  private  property  was  being  torn  up ???????????  well  save  a  illegal  bass   but  let  some ass   run  his  4  wheeler  across  someones  yard  ....  i  don't  even  wanna  hear  it  .... 
                                                                                                             life  is  good
glad i'm not the only one that feels this way thanks trapp  :bow:

adam2000

« Reply #24 on: Dec 21, 2010, 09:51 AM »
trapper back in action, whats up buddy?

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #25 on: Dec 21, 2010, 10:03 AM »
it's  true  fillet  i  picked   up  trash  everytime  i  went  up  last year  while   others   either  tossed  it  there  or  walked  over  it  ...  charge  people  to  park  maybe  they'll  get the  idea    private  property  isn't  a   dump ....adam  how  ya  doing  buddy   hope  to   meet  you  soon  on  the  ice  guy

adam2000

« Reply #26 on: Dec 21, 2010, 10:17 AM »
it's  true  fillet  i  picked   up  trash  everytime  i  went  up  last year  while   others   either  tossed  it  there  or  walked  over  it  ...  charge  people  to  park  maybe  they'll  get the  idea    private  property  isn't  a   dump ....adam  how  ya  doing  buddy   hope  to   meet  you  soon  on  the  ice  guy

not bad, ill be at the pond this afternoon, sandy pond steakhouse aka wigwam is still trash free at least around where i have been, which is amazing seeing its been fishable for more then a week,  salmon river would of already looked like ley creek dump

Offline lovetofish

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #27 on: Dec 21, 2010, 02:01 PM »
Is it to early for 4 wheeler yet.  I've gotten lazy in mybold age.  That and fat..how for out is the ice
Thanx

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fishing is what i live for-END OF STORY
« Reply #28 on: Dec 21, 2010, 02:05 PM »
Is it to early for 4 wheeler yet.  I've gotten lazy in mybold age.  That and fat..how for out is the ice
Thanx

If i was you i would wait on takeing the 4 wheeler out there. there is more snow out there then ice right now.  8)
"HEY FREDDIE"-FISH ON! PROUD MEMBER OF THE OLLC

Offline lovetofish

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #29 on: Dec 21, 2010, 04:50 PM »
I'm not going until Monday.  i'll check back later this wee.
Thanx for the update

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.