The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: goguac lake in battle creek  (Read 2507 times)

Offline Basshole

• IceShanty Rookie
goguac lake in battle creek
« on: Dec 16, 2010, 12:13 PM »
has anyone been on goguac lake yet this season? or is does it even have fish able ice yet? im wanting to go out this Saturday, but not sure what lake i want to try. i fished waubascon last weekend but it gets way over fished quick, so im not really wanting to go there.

Offline brassmonkey

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: goguac lake in battle creek
« Reply #1 on: Dec 16, 2010, 09:02 PM »
When I drove by a week ago, Goguac looked like it only had skim ice on top.  It can be tricky near the access, had a friend go in there about two years ago.  Be safe

Offline Basshole

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 17, 2010, 12:58 AM »
ok thanks maybe ill wait another week. i might have to do some driving around to find some fishable ice, or just be lazy and go back to waubascon.

Offline Swift

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 17, 2010, 11:05 AM »
Drove by and didn't see anyone, it freezes late and funny. Some guys were out in the middle of Graham though

Offline Basshole

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 17, 2010, 02:13 PM »
Drove by and didn't see anyone, it freezes late and funny. Some guys were out in the middle of Graham though

yeah i was maybe thinking graham .. but never ice fished it...

Offline Swift

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Dec 17, 2010, 03:00 PM »
http://www.dnr.state.mi.us/SPATIALDATALIBRARY/PDF_MAPS/INLAND_LAKE_MAPS/CALHOUN/GRAHAM_LAKE.PDF Not one of my favorites but isn't really bad. Saw the guys out from shore, not shallow.

Offline Basshole

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Dec 18, 2010, 12:35 AM »
alright "swift" thanks for the info... ive never ice fished lee lake but ive been successful in the summer.. and wanted to check it out this winter. does anyone know if its fishable yet?

Offline Swift

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Dec 18, 2010, 10:25 AM »
Was near Lee yesterday and it didn't look safe. Fairly deep(ish), clear lake, one of the last to get safe. Saw someone on Goguac near the island and hour ago

Offline Basshole

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Dec 18, 2010, 01:23 PM »
Was near Lee yesterday and it didn't look safe. Fairly deep(ish), clear lake, one of the last to get safe. Saw someone on Goguac near the island and hour ago

yeah i heard there was a guy out there quite a ways in a shanty... do you know if willard beach parking is open or do they have it gated? its closer to my "spot" if i could park there.

Offline Swift

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Dec 18, 2010, 01:35 PM »
Don't know, understanding has been the only legal place to get on is the access unless you have permission from a landowner. People are on Beadle as well

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.