The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: FISHING INVITES / FIND ME ON THE ICE  (Read 107128 times)

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: FISHING INVITES / FIND ME ON THE ICE
« Reply #180 on: Jan 20, 2013, 02:14 PM »
Welcome to the Shanty Tony! Might as well fish, the Packers aren't playing today!  :o  ;D :tipup:

Offline Wyofarmer

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Missin' my ol' buddy
« Reply #181 on: Jan 21, 2013, 09:41 AM »
Welcome Tony!
Rest in peace Don "LT" Brewer

Offline Special

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Old School
« Reply #182 on: Jan 21, 2013, 09:28 PM »
Ok anyone going fishing this week? I can't take another day in the office. Its been fun but work work work and no play makes a stressfully day. I'm going fishing.  Whos with me!!!!!!!!  :woot: :cookoo: :icefish:

No one left behind.     

Offline travis123

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #183 on: Jan 22, 2013, 03:31 PM »
We're heading to LAK on Thursday!
God Bless!!

Offline travis123

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #184 on: Jan 23, 2013, 05:59 PM »
We are leaving around 6:30 in the morning. See you on the ice
God Bless!!

Offline WYO_CLC

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #185 on: Jan 25, 2013, 10:15 PM »
Hey guys New to the sit. 29 married 2kids and the 3rd on the way!!!! fish mostly on pathfinder have all my own gear. Just don't have a truck  :'(  but occasionally I get to steal the wardens Denali!!  some of you guys new to the area wanna go call or txt I know a good bait dealer also.  259-7683

Offline Stew

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #186 on: Jan 30, 2013, 08:16 PM »
Looking for anyone wanting to fish Flaming Gorge this weekend.  Heading out of Casper late friday afternoon or early Saturday morning.  Never been down there was hoping to get into some Ling.  Be heading back to Casper/Gillette sunday afternoon.  PM me if intersted.  Any tips or areas to start would be appreciated.

Offline wyohunter

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #187 on: Feb 13, 2013, 02:01 PM »
Hello All
I am off to the gorge again for a couple days will be in a red ford with a white ice hut, Any body wants to stop by there will be a pot of coffee on.
will either be of eleven mile road or down by buck board.
Steve

Offline gtxwannabe

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #188 on: Feb 13, 2013, 08:22 PM »
I find myself in Jackson from Feb. 15th to the 17th. I'm not sure what my schedule is but I would love to sneak out on to the ice somewhere. I don't have a WY license as of yet, but can be easily obtained. I can't bring much in the way of equipment, but I can bring any micro brew/ fish attractant. Hook a fellow fisherman up!

Offline Kinkyline

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • How sweet they are!
« Reply #189 on: Nov 25, 2013, 08:35 AM »
   Anyone want to make a Boysen trip this week and share expenses? I was thinking Tues. or Wed.

Offline BuckyBammer22

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #190 on: Dec 10, 2013, 10:20 AM »
Hey, new to the area, but definitely have experience fishing hard water. Grew up in Eastern SD fishing all the great perch and walleye lakes. Hoping to try my hand on some lakes around Wyoming. I'm living around the Casper area so definitely interested in trying Alcova and Pathfinder. I've got some gear, but working on finishing the rest of the collection. If you know anyone looking to upgrade their Auger or Shack, send me a PM as I am all for buying used.

The past 2 days have been 30mph wind with 40mph gusts, I can only imagine some shacks sliding across the ice when I  see this wind. Good luck fishing.

Offline FishWyo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #191 on: Dec 12, 2013, 08:07 PM »
I'll be out on Keyhole tomorrow morning. If anybody wants to say howdy I'll be in a Green F250 with WY plates that say F250. Not sure if I'll be on the pine haven or wind creek side yet. I'll have my Clam Nanook with me too. If you call me FishWyo I'll know what you're talkin about but my given name is Cody.

Offline wyopro

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #192 on: Dec 14, 2013, 09:19 PM »
Planning on making a trip to Keyhole Monday the 16th...won't be able to be on the ice until 10 or so, anybody going and want to meet up?  Not planning on targeting anything specific but would like to get into some perch/croppie and the occasional eye.   :tipup:  (Black hut, gray Denali Truck)

Offline wyo.marine82

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #193 on: Dec 22, 2013, 09:46 PM »
Is anyone going or want to go to pathfinder tomorrow?

Offline hansonjb

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #194 on: Jan 01, 2014, 08:46 AM »
hey i'm jeff, 28, i have a jetsled xl, nils hand auger and a quickfish 3, a humminbird 140c, a few rods and some really cheap tipups. im new to the site and ice fishing in general. i live in jackson and have a f250 witha topper. im gonna try out palisades today, anyone gonna be out there? i'm down to drive if anyone wants to fish in and around teton, sublette or linclon counties! dogs welcome!

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #195 on: Jan 01, 2014, 09:07 AM »
hey i'm jeff, 28, i have a jetsled xl, nils hand auger and a quickfish 3, a humminbird 140c, a few rods and some really cheap tipups. im new to the site and ice fishing in general. i live in jackson and have a f250 witha topper. im gonna try out palisades today, anyone gonna be out there? i'm down to drive if anyone wants to fish in and around teton, sublette or linclon counties! dogs welcome!

Welcome to the Ice Shanty hansonjb! There should be some awesome Lake Trout fishing around your area. Let us know how you do, I'd like to come over to that area but probably not this season though... Best of success to you!

- wyoutdoors  :tipup:

Offline fishinfool88

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #196 on: Jan 01, 2014, 02:49 PM »
Myself and my good fishing buddy are headed to Pathfinder on Jan. 18 to do a little fishing, we could probaby use some tips and advise because we are not from the area, we live in Gillette and would like to meet some other ice fishing freaks. Thanks

Offline culinarypunk

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #197 on: Jan 07, 2014, 08:59 PM »
If anyone wants to meet up and/or car pool from Rock Springs I plan on heading up tomorrow. Leaving town around 7-730. Ganna hit the river below the dam then ice the East side of the lake somewhere near the dam. Won't have the hut but will have a yellow lab and a black/yellow PFD unless there are other fishermen. PM me if interested

Offline wyo4wheeler

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #198 on: Jan 14, 2014, 05:01 PM »
Hoping to get out this weekend and do some fishing.  Fairly new to the sport.  Just got all of my gear this year!!!  Fished the Sunshine derby last year and was hooked.  Anyone know where I can get into some crappie or perch?  I have fished Bighorn Lake this year and have had a nice catfish, several sauger, and a ling take the bait, but would like to try some new water.  Point me in the right direction and I will gladly share fish stories ;D
Wyo4Wheeler

Offline olefish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #199 on: Jan 14, 2014, 05:48 PM »
Hoping to get out this weekend and do some fishing.  Fairly new to the sport.  Just got all of my gear this year!!!  Fished the Sunshine derby last year and was hooked.  Anyone know where I can get into some crappie or perch?  I have fished Bighorn Lake this year and have had a nice catfish, several sauger, and a ling take the bait, but would like to try some new water.  Point me in the right direction and I will gladly share fish stories ;D
Come to Boysen and enjoy the hut BBQ and I am sure you can learn a little more about ice fishing.. Look at the hut party page at the top.
olefish

Offline wyotoach

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #200 on: Jan 18, 2014, 09:42 PM »
Headed to Hattie Monday. Will have either the red hub or the black flip up and hitting different holes. Most likely will be by myself. Driving a tan Suburban with Laramie county plates. Swing on by.

Offline dirtboy88

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #201 on: Jan 18, 2014, 09:59 PM »
Hello Everyone!  My name is Dylan.  Is anyone interested in fishing North Crow Reservoir next weekend (1/25 or 1/26)?  With the snow blowing around the trail may in may or may not have been made drivable...  I am game to walk in if necessary. 
Here fishy fishy fishy

Offline wyotoach

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #202 on: Jan 19, 2014, 03:47 PM »
What snow? You should be good!

Offline redbowhunter82

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #203 on: Feb 02, 2014, 12:48 PM »
Wheres a good place for lakers I have never been ice fishing wanna give it a try.  Then I can start taking the kids.
Rookie Ice Fisherman

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #204 on: Feb 02, 2014, 03:00 PM »
redbowhunter you can post that your Laker question in the main forum below to receive more responses. This is the Invite and Find Me On The Ice forum. So if you're heading to a lake you can post in here where you'll be and others may meet up with you, or vice versa.

- wyoutdoors  :tipup:

Offline er-e-is

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #205 on: Feb 02, 2014, 05:16 PM »
Wheres a good place for lakers I have never been ice fishing wanna give it a try.  Then I can start taking the kids.

The closest to Riverton is probably Louis Lake on south pass, the lakes around pinedaleonline or flaming gorge

Offline Chipper77

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #206 on: Oct 30, 2014, 05:17 PM »
Hello everyone.  I figured this would be a good place to start.  I retired from the military and moved here to Casper.  This will be my first year ice fishing and would like to get some incite from a few experienced ice fishermen.  I would like to meet some new people that enjoy fishing as much as I do.  I would like to get some info before the ice sets in so can make sure I have all the gear needed.  Thanks!

Jeff

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #207 on: Oct 30, 2014, 06:48 PM »
Welcome to the Ice Shanty Chipper77! There are quite a few in your area who would certainly help you out, but if you ever get up to the Gillette or Buffalo area I'd be more than happy to take you out on the ice. All you would need are warm clothes as I have plenty of gear and shelters if needed.  Use some of my gear, see what you like, and then start picking up a few pieces as you need them.

- wyoutdoors :tipup:

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
« Reply #208 on: Oct 30, 2014, 08:45 PM »
Welcome to the shanty chipper77, you will have no problem with getting all the advice/help/recomendations you'll need on the Wyo board. Good group of fellow anglers there and as wyoutdoors said quite a few around casper
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Chipper77

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #209 on: Oct 30, 2014, 09:54 PM »
Thanks for the offer wyoutdoors.  I have bought most of the stuff needed and then some. I still might take you up on fishing in that area.  I will need as much help as I can get. Thanks for the support muskyon46. I've dealt with a lot of good people here in Casper. Figured this site was full of good folks as well.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.