The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Fishing Lake Jean  (Read 10628 times)

ICE REBEL

Re: Fishing Lake Jean
« Reply #90 on: Jan 05, 2011, 04:30 PM »
Yeah ice is good. There is about 8 inches up there. Good luck

Offline Byron/PA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #91 on: Jan 05, 2011, 04:32 PM »
Yea, I'm going to go up and fish the derby for a bit, not real serious but a bit of fun and a bit of work mixed together.
80% of Americans are unhappy with the direction our once great Country is heading. Yet 80% of Americans insist on buying blue jeans that were made in China, coffee filters that were made in Taiwan and anything else that was made anywhere but here........wonder if there might be a connection?

Offline btechvft70

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #92 on: Jan 05, 2011, 05:02 PM »
I will be there to there is plenty of ice
Dave

Offline 300_wsm

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #93 on: Jan 05, 2011, 07:29 PM »
i will be here too. bringing the wife for her first time on the ice. it should be a sight to see!!!

Offline JiggerMan

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • one of my future ice buddies
« Reply #94 on: Jan 05, 2011, 08:32 PM »
I think I may have a good idea what the hole in the ice could be from.  I know in years past the local rescue crews have done submerged winter search and recovery excersizes in jean cause of the clarity.  The usually cut a hole about that size in the ice.  they usually do it down by the dam right off of the parking lot though. 

I am basing whether our not im fishing the tourney on the snow.  we may get  a few inches friday over my way.  I may have to do snow removal. 

RGIII keeps a bench mighty warm

Offline Gillaholic

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #95 on: Jan 06, 2011, 07:18 AM »
yeah, theres no bottom to that lake either! :woot:

Not another lake with no bottom!!!! Holy Cow!!!!! :roflmao: :whistle:

Offline kstoneice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #96 on: Jan 06, 2011, 12:10 PM »
me and a coupe buddyz r goin on sat something 2 do away from the wifes for a couple hours  :) :) :)

Offline stilljiggn

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • DONT BE AN ICE HOLE!!!!
« Reply #97 on: Jan 08, 2011, 08:36 PM »
    How was the tourney for everyone???  Who won and with what??  I caught about 30 perch 8 inches to 13. but couldnt land a keeper pick or a gill. Oh well was a good day.

Offline JiggerMan

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • one of my future ice buddies
« Reply #98 on: Jan 08, 2011, 08:52 PM »
stilljiggn, 

the winning lunker was a 4.05 # pickerel.  that fish was also the winner of total weight of fish.  the top three places were from 3.59 # to 4.05 #.   

You did not happen to buy any of the 50/50 tickets did you. 

I I caught so many dinkks (perch and gills) today it was not funny.  the most i can ever remember catching here.  The picks I got were all sub legal.  next time I will have BIG baits. 
Oh well always next year. 

OH and by the way that open water spot going towards the narrows from the west boat launch is now slush covered but you can see it plain as day.  It is pretty close to the shore line though.  the rest of the ice is roughly 8 inches or so still.

For those that like to walk a ways to your spots there was about 4-5 inches of snow on the ice and we probably got 2 or 3 inches today. 

RGIII keeps a bench mighty warm

Offline bigbuck326

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 570 240 2001
« Reply #99 on: Jan 09, 2011, 07:13 AM »
stilljiggn Look up the result on new post Lake Jean Ice Fishing Derby Result and Great Day  Hope you come next year on Jan.

Offline Blueman247

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #100 on: Jan 12, 2011, 06:17 PM »
hey is anyone catching any crappie up there. i never fished it before and was just wondering whether it was worth the time to drive 2 hour to get there.
Matt Fegley

Offline pa.bob

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #101 on: Jan 13, 2011, 11:26 AM »
If u r lookin 4 crappie it is not worth a 2hr drive. Ive only heard of very few getn iced here. Ive been lookin 2 find them for years on this lake. If ur driving that far i wud find a betr place to go.
got ice?

ICE REBEL

« Reply #102 on: Jan 14, 2011, 03:40 PM »
hey is anyone catching any crappie up there. i never fished it before and was just wondering whether it was worth the time to drive 2 hour to get there.
Your better off going some place else.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.