The ice fishing Wisconsin boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: WI's Best Walleye, Perch, & Bluegill Lakes  (Read 5047 times)

Offline SpartyOn

• IceShanty Rookie
WI's Best Walleye, Perch, & Bluegill Lakes
« on: Dec 06, 2010, 06:23 PM »
I'm new the the state, living in Franklin, WI (near Milwaukee) and have some friends heading here this weekend.  Was wondering if anybody can give me some good walleye, perch, and bluegill lakes.

I would like to stay within a few hours of where I am at but open to all info as I am planning on making some weekend trips this winter.

Thanks!

Offline tipup_time

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • JIFFY POWER!!
Re: WI's Best Walleye, Perch, & Bluegill Lakes
« Reply #1 on: Dec 07, 2010, 08:06 PM »
hey im new to the state aswell but ive been researching the walleye fishing here for about a year now, i moved here 7 months ago...for walleyes close to milwaukee, i have read that koshkonong is the best.. 10000 acres and only 6 ft max depth.,.seems pretty failsafe for anyone to learn.. put out some  :tipup:'s and good luck
When hell freezes over Ill Ice fish there too

Offline SpartyOn

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 07, 2010, 10:52 PM »
Yea I have read that as well... Seems surprising that lakes like Koshkonong and Puckaway are noted as good walleye lakes yet so shallow.  Although it may be pretty failsafe to fish I imagine it could be tough as well.  I think lakes with some dropoffs and what not give you an idea of where to start at least....

Offline tipup_time

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • JIFFY POWER!!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 08, 2010, 06:27 AM »
yeah at least you have more control in those more structure oriented lakes.. but in northern mn there is a lake called upper red that is basically the same thing..30000 acre shallow bowl, and all you do is just pick any spot and wait for a school to swim through,,pretty good for action. 50-60 fish a day sometimes but theyre all small
When hell freezes over Ill Ice fish there too

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.