The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: lake carmi  (Read 1639 times)

Offline bugchazer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
lake carmi
« on: Nov 26, 2010, 03:07 PM »
Hi all. Im looking to come up and fish lake carmi this year, any info would be appreciated. Thanks

Offline BCinVT

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: lake carmi
« Reply #1 on: Nov 26, 2010, 04:40 PM »
Carmi usually catches pretty early,but it's been warm here this fall,so we'll have to see.You didn't say when or for what.So I'm going to assume you probably want to fish for walleye and maybe perch.Best time to fish the eyes is late afternoon early evening.There's a bait shop just up from the lake on the northeast corner.He doesn't open real early,so if you want to get out there really early,you may want to get your bait ahead of time.
As far as where to fish,I'm sure you could ask 10 people on here and get 10 different areas.I like to fish the south end of the lake because we target northerns up there as well and do better at that end.The island always produces some fish.And just north of the beach are all areas I have had some luck.
I tend to stick with medium sized bait when fishing for eyes,but get big bait when fishing for the northerns.
If you want to fish during the day,I've seen people do fairly well in the deeper water,20-30 feet.
With any luck we'll be fishing by the end of December.Good Fishin
Anyday you can be in the woods,on the water,or on the ice is a GREAT DAY

Offline drfhaha123

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 28, 2010, 06:56 PM »
Can you park at the state park during the off season?if not where is the parking,i'am heading up the last week in Dec. for some pike fishing.,thanks

Offline cbice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 28, 2010, 07:10 PM »
They keep the parking lot at the access  by the state park plowed.  I think you might be able to just pull off and park along the north shore as well.  Once the ice gets thick most everyone just drives on though.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.