Author Topic: What is the best flasher on the market today?  (Read 4554 times)

Offline The Rookie

• Team IceShanty Regular
What is the best flasher on the market today?
« on: Nov 17, 2010, 06:19 PM »
I'm in the market but i don't know enough about them. Can someone help me out?

Offline Walleye64

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: What is the best flasher on the market today?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 17, 2010, 06:21 PM »
Vexilar Fl-22

Offline xcr440

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Nov 17, 2010, 06:46 PM »
there is no best flasher. Lots of opinions. Best bet is too see what others have and try them all out. See what YOU want in a flasher.

Offline npauls

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish Hard Or Go Home!
« Reply #3 on: Nov 17, 2010, 08:50 PM »
I like the options on the humminbird ice 55 and I also like the showdown with the dual frequency transducer. I couldn't afford either of them but got a super good deal on a humminbird ice 45 a couple weeks ago.

Like mentioned before just try them all out or research all of them. different fisherman want different options.

nate

Offline John AB

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Nov 17, 2010, 10:30 PM »
This topic comes up at least twice a season so I would suggest doing a topic search going back several years; there should be enough info in there to give you all the answers you are looking for! The quick answer as xcr440 said is there is NO best flasher, only different ones. I have the Ice 55 & love it, works great for me.  Even though lots of people say it's a better unit than a Vex, Ice machine, or Marcum I couldn't say that because I haven't fished with the others. Like I have said before; whatever unit you buy will be 50x better than having no unit at all so it's pretty hard to go wrong  ;)
I fish therefore I am...

Offline CMMahy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Nov 18, 2010, 08:52 AM »
They're all great units, and they'll all help you catch more fish once you get used to using them.

Right now I have a Vexilar Fl-8se Pro Pack, it's been great the last 2 seasons, but wish I had spent the extra $ on a unit with a "Zoom" feature. Next winter I'll be buying the Humminbird ICE-55. I've seen Marcum's, Lowrance X-67's and Vex's in use, and they all do a great job.
A bad day of fishing beats anything else I'd be doing today.....

Offline icepack

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Nov 18, 2010, 11:02 AM »
  You can't really go wrong with any flasher. Because once you start using one and become familiar with it
you'll find it is one of the best pieces of equipment that you have on the ice.

Look around for the deals because they are out there. last year I picked up a Vex FL8se Genz pack for $140.00

Fish on

Offline tonebea

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Nov 18, 2010, 11:10 AM »
They're all great units, and they'll all help you catch more fish once you get used to using them.

Right now I have a Vexilar Fl-8se Pro Pack, it's been great the last 2 seasons, but wish I had spent the extra $ on a unit with a "Zoom" feature. Next winter I'll be buying the Humminbird ICE-55. I've seen Marcum's, Lowrance X-67's and Vex's in use, and they all do a great job.

This. I got the same flasher last year and love it. I had my best fishing season ever. I too though wish I bought something with a zoom. I can still see fish on the bottom deeper than 40 feet but that zoom would be sweet.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.