Author Topic: Osceola Power Equipment ice auger  (Read 8252 times)

Offline siedleckib

• IceShanty Rookie
Osceola Power Equipment ice auger
« on: Nov 16, 2010, 02:43 PM »
Help!  I got an old (early 1970's) Osceola Power Equipment "Ice Master" Model 103 power ice auger recently.  Runs great but it doesn't have a gas cap.  Anybody out there have a source for a gas cap and or gas tank w/cap that will fit?  I have tried just about eveywhere including the firm that bought out OPE years ago.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
Re: Osceola Power Equipment ice auger
« Reply #1 on: Nov 16, 2010, 02:53 PM »
Small engine shops can usually order /have one on hand...that will be your best bet. Some of those are pretty common on small power products. Lots of caps laying around on junked out equipment, too. You could also try your local FF or farm supply store in the "engine/lawn mower/blower" type of part aisle, too.
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline AdamT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 16, 2010, 08:23 PM »
I found one last year at a bait shop. Small engine shops might still have them, it was standard on most small Tecumseh engines. You could also try Strikemaster too, that's what the auger company is called now. Btw, if you have the original auger unit they don't make the blades anymore.

Adam

Offline gasman707

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Cold is a state of mind!!
« Reply #3 on: Nov 16, 2010, 10:21 PM »
Check out this linkhttp://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=132496.msg1305103#msg1305103 I think this is the auger you talking about. If so I can possibly help at least with information

Offline siedleckib

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Nov 17, 2010, 01:05 PM »
Thanks for the information and photos guys!  I have pretty much struck out at local and on-line small engine shops for a gas cap.  Have a friend who came over this morning and rigged a temporary solution but I need to get some type of gasket to fit into the cap.

I will try to get some photos of my auger posted here.  The engine was made by a Canadian firm (I think TML) who of course are out of business.  The motor is somewhere around 33cc to 35cc's. The auger unit has a Mora auger and pretty worn blades but the power head is really clean with just some paint chips missing.  Hoping I can get the blades sharpened and functioning properly.  And yes, Strikemaster bought out OPE several years ago.  A parts firm called D-Rock has some carb kits and spark plugs for these old OPE units but that's about all.  D-Rock can be reached at 651-639-0446 and ask for Jim.

Offline Nor Easter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Just an old coot takin a Li'l Crappie on the ice
« Reply #5 on: Nov 17, 2010, 04:57 PM »
Yes, get them pics uploaded and posted, I may have a cap for it.

Another good place to try and find one is your local metal recycling center. The cap that Gasman linked to looks like an old snowblower or rototiller cap, like with a Briggs & Stratton motor. That's what my cap is. There were the old metal ones and newer plastic ones too but I don't know if the the caps interchange.

Ever notice, a plastic tank usually has a metal cap, and a metal tank has the opposite?  ???
Caveat Emptor et cum grano salis
I enjoy helping people out,,, which way did you come in?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.