Author Topic: One Man Fish Trap Mod  (Read 4070 times)

Offline razorsedge31

• IceShanty Rookie
One Man Fish Trap Mod
« on: Oct 31, 2010, 10:21 PM »
I bought a one man clam trap today. I used my ram mount from my boat and installed my lms 520c on the right side of my trap. Looks good but the used batteries I got don't work so I may have to bite the bullet and buy a new sealed battery. Or install my smaller boat battery. Not sure what to do. Here are some pics!

Gotta have a cup holder for an adult beverage!!

Offline Bellybuster

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: One Man Fish Trap Mod
« Reply #1 on: Nov 01, 2010, 07:23 AM »
nice job, RAM mounts are amazing, I use them on my kayak as well
There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.
--Stephen Wright

Offline CMMahy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Nov 01, 2010, 09:04 AM »
That's a great idea! I also really like the cup holder inside the tub, a very overlooked piece of equipment in itself.
A bad day of fishing beats anything else I'd be doing today.....

Offline razorsedge31

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Nov 01, 2010, 11:03 AM »
Thanks! I went to walmart last night and in the automotive section I saw some center console things that I might want to install to hold some of the smaller stuff when fishing. But I am still undecided.

Offline $ignmoney

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • My wife and I had words, I did't get to use mine
« Reply #4 on: Nov 07, 2010, 12:39 AM »
Very nice mod. Like the carpet. I got to do that! I use my boat battery. Made a board around it to box it in so it wont move. Made a plywood cover for it so I ended up with a shelf to set stuff. Its on the left side. Switches run LED lights

Offline holehopper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Me and Dave Genz
« Reply #5 on: Nov 23, 2010, 01:48 PM »
I have a Scout and always struggle with where to place my heater while I'm fishing.  I use a buddy heater in the house and have tried putting it in different spots, but it doesn't seem like there is a good spot that won't melt your line or melt the plastic fish house tub or burn a hole in the fabric.  Be curious to hear how you guys position your heater in the Scout.  Thanks for any tips! 
Never Stop Never Stopping

Offline $ignmoney

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • My wife and I had words, I did't get to use mine
« Reply #6 on: Nov 24, 2010, 12:51 AM »
I just bought the buddy jr. for my scout this year. Hope it fits in there somewhere.  Bummer, now I will have to get a bigger hut? ;D

Offline Wiener

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Warranty Void if Seal is Broken
« Reply #7 on: Nov 24, 2010, 05:59 AM »
On a small shack, you may want to get one of the small "sport cat" heaters like this :

or this:

This would be plenty to warm your hands and shack on all but the coldest days.

The Buddy Jr. could then be a backup heater for use on the really cold days, which would minimize the problems.

Hope this helps,

Wiener

Offline razorsedge31

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Nov 24, 2010, 02:07 PM »
Nice Mods. Yea I bought the buddy heater. the second size. Figured out it was to big. So I have a small heater lit the sport. It does not bend so the heat goes straight up. My not work well in the scout. Need to try it out.

Offline GrnDay33

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Nov 29, 2010, 09:27 PM »
I have the scout as well. and I use the colman sport cat heater. it works great. I haven't had a problem with it in two years.I just sit it in the back corner of my sled behind my right side. Just make sure nothing is touching it, or the wind isn't blowing your fabric sides on to it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.