Author Topic: Any one use Guide Gear Ice Parka and Bibs  (Read 11534 times)

Offline littlesturgeonguy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Any one use Guide Gear Ice Parka and Bibs
« Reply #30 on: Nov 19, 2010, 10:19 PM »
Here is what it says on the website. I tried it on and it seemed like it would be quite warm, but won't know just how warm till we get some ice.

Made of 100% nylon shell with polyurethane coating for extra water resistance to keep you perfectly dry. And polyfill insulation throughout keeps you comfortably warm. Durable, polyester lining ensures you can wear your Parka and Bibs for years to come. Machine wash / dry. Imported.

State Size, as available in the Shopping Cart below. Top-quality gear priced low!

Act ONLINE Now!

Men's Guide Gear® Ice Parka

•Waterproof laminate bonded to fabric
•Fully sealed seams
•Soft, thick, warm poly fleece lining
•2-way full-zip front with 6-snap storm flap
•Attached 3-Pc. adjustable hood
•2 cargo pockets with VELCRO® brand closure piggy backed on top of 2 handwarmer pockets
•2 zippered chest pockets with storm flap cover (flap has reflective tape)
•2 vertical napoleon chest pockets with zip closure
•2 D-rings on front waist for hanging accessories
•6 interior pockets (2 zip closure, 2 VELCRO® brand closure, 2 cell phone / GPS)
•2 elastic drawcords inside for adjustable fitting at waist
•Drawcord at hem for snug fit
•Articulate elbows
•Adjustable VELCRO® brand closure at wrist cuffs ­with additional internal knit cuff inside sleeves.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Men's Guide Gear® Ice Bibs
•Elastic adjustable suspenders with quick snap buckles
•2 bellowed cargo pockets with VELCRO® brand flap closure
•2 zippered pass-through pockets for easy access to internal layer
•2-way zippered front with VELCRO® brand storm flap
•Elastic trimming at waist for added comfort and fit
•Padded and articulated knees
•23" 2-way leg zippers with VELCRO® brand storm flap and adjustable boot opening
•Quick buckle web belt at waist for secure fitting.

Offline Mr.J5625

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Nov 21, 2010, 08:10 PM »
ordered mine and got them on friday. i like the jacket but i feel the bibs are on the thin side.

Trooper Bri

« Reply #32 on: Nov 21, 2010, 08:33 PM »
If this is the same suit our buddy Paul has, they are worth the 80 or 100 bucks all day long. He walked around us for most of our gathering in his before we realized it wasn't Ice Armor. The coloring and material are very close. We were surprised when he mentioned the price last year. Just realize that it's "armor". My Clam suit isn't particularly thick either, especially the bibs. They're designed to tackle wind and weather first.
Here's Paul blending in with the rest of the Blue Clam Group. ;)

Offline one last cast

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #33 on: Nov 23, 2010, 06:26 PM »
got mine today! tried on a clam suit at bass pro 2 weeks ago and really did'nt wanna shell out $250 so i paid $82 including shipping(i'm a member) for the guide gear suit. tell yeah the truth it feels and fits better than the clam, only thing is there is too many damn pockets ;D hahaha!
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish.

Offline RangerTim

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Listen close you can hear them biting
« Reply #34 on: Nov 26, 2010, 05:19 PM »
I am thinking of ordering this same Parka and Bibs set.

But the sizing has me a little unsure as to what to get the Large or the X-Large

I am 5'9" and 210 lbs  I see that (wolfpack) at 5'6" and 180 lbs thinks he should of maybe gotten the Large instead of the X-Large and (littlesturgeonguy) at 6'3" likes the fit of the X-Large. 

Wolfpack how much to big is the X-Large.  I have more around the belly and just a bit taller than you. Any input would be nice.

Thanks for any help guys. 

Offline littlesturgeonguy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #35 on: Nov 26, 2010, 05:35 PM »
I am thinking of ordering this same Parka and Bibs set.

But the sizing has me a little unsure as to what to get the Large or the X-Large

I am 5'9" and 210 lbs  I see that (wolfpack) at 5'6" and 180 lbs thinks he should of maybe gotten the Large instead of the X-Large and (littlesturgeonguy) at 6'3" likes the fit of the X-Large. 

Wolfpack how much to big is the X-Large.  I have more around the belly and just a bit taller than you. Any input would be nice.

Thanks for any help guys. 
5'10" and 205 lbs. I got the X-Large, I think it fits good.

Offline one last cast

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #36 on: Nov 26, 2010, 05:49 PM »
i'm 5'11" and 190lbs i got a large in both fit's just right with my under armor(base) and two other layers on top
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish.

Offline piscesman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #37 on: Nov 26, 2010, 08:04 PM »
I got mine a 2 days ago but couldn't open them until tonight. WOW are they nice!!!!! I'm 5'10" and 178# and ordered LARGE. The size I normally order when I buy stuff. The jacket seemed too big at first but I didn't have the bibs on. With both on they fit nice. Enough room to move without pinching. The elastic cuffs in from the outer jacket arm cuffs are great. No more wind up the sleeves. The red color makes them look like STRIKEMASTER suits. Nice 2 way zippers, wind flaps, pockets and adjustable hood. When the jacket zipper stops at the chin there is a cloth flap to keep the zipper from scratching your chin or throat. A very nice combo that they put some thought into. The only minor complaint I have is the crotch rides a little high. After adjusting the bib straps it went away. You won't be disappointed buying these. Join the club and get the cheapest price. Ask for the free shipping and you will still get $20 in coupons on any order. They also send you another $10 on orders over $100. Depending on how cold it is and the wind you may not need to layer up when wearing them. Time will tell. Can't wait to try them out!!!!!
      Kim :tipup: :tipup: :icefish: :icefish: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
"To have and to hold till death do us part" really refers to a man and his ICE FISHING EQUIPMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline RangerTim

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Listen close you can hear them biting
« Reply #38 on: Nov 27, 2010, 04:06 PM »
I ordered the XL this morning.  I need some ICE now to give them a try.

Offline one last cast

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #39 on: Nov 28, 2010, 08:23 AM »
I need some ICE now to give them a try.
we all do!!! ;D ;D!

Offline WildOutdoorAddict

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Owner NEPL, Pro-Staff for PK Lures & Bobby Garland
« Reply #40 on: Nov 28, 2010, 08:28 AM »
Looks like a bunch of us will be testing Guide Gear Ice wear out this year  ;D I can't wait much longer!

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
« Reply #41 on: Nov 28, 2010, 05:15 PM »
I got the newest catalog yesterday in the mail...prices dropped and they have a 10 dollar off coupon too for a 75 dollar order....I may get the parka now to match.

Offline WildOutdoorAddict

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Owner NEPL, Pro-Staff for PK Lures & Bobby Garland
« Reply #42 on: Nov 28, 2010, 05:20 PM »
Man, I've bought a lot of stuff from them this year alone! I'm so glad I have the wife that I have. Lol  I wait for good deals and club specials there. I just love a good bargain!   ::)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.