Author Topic: GM Fort Wayne update  (Read 1497 times)

Offline Steuben1

• Team IceShanty Addict
GM Fort Wayne update
« on: Oct 22, 2010, 07:11 AM »
Stopped in GM last night just to check up on the ice gear for this year.  The good news is they are putting it all out already.  They had some rods, lures, augers and sleds set out already.  Talked to one sales guy and he said they will not have as much ice gear this year as previous years. (go figure)  SOP for GM when it comes to ice gear.  They will probably be sold out of everything by Thanksgiving and will not restock.  But we are all use to that.

Have a great weekend!

Steuben1

Offline rico

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Happiness is a safe piece of ice.
Re: GM Fort Wayne update
« Reply #1 on: Oct 22, 2010, 11:24 AM »
Stop by your local B&T and support the Mom's and Pop's of the state.

Offline gillcommander

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I DO NOT FEAR FISH !!!
« Reply #2 on: Oct 22, 2010, 12:54 PM »
amen...GM doesn't have a selection that I really like outside of maybe fishing line and a few larger jigging lures. I was in Coldwater last week and they had a few rods - Jason Mitchell & St Croix - which I like both so that was nice to see I guess. I agree...hit the small mom and pops! My two favorites are Knutsons in Brooklyn and The Angler in Helmer. Always great selections!!!

It's a fine line between fishing & sitting on the ice like an idiot

Offline Steuben1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Oct 22, 2010, 01:05 PM »
Calm down guys,  I was just giving an update for those who don't have a mom and pop to shop at.  I spend a bunch of money at Tri-State in Angola but sometimes they don't have what I need/want.

Steuben1

Offline Hoosier

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Bucket,some bait and,,what did she ask me to do??
« Reply #4 on: Oct 22, 2010, 01:21 PM »
Geesh Steuben, why did ya have to start all that..LMAO...
 Worse part is all the big stores are stocking less and less ice gear.seems not matter how many times ya tellem we are here and willl buy jigs,rods,and everything else ice fishing.They just dont see it.

Offline rico

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Oct 23, 2010, 08:17 AM »
Calm down guys,  I was just giving an update for those who don't have a mom and pop to shop at.  I spend a bunch of money at Tri-State in Angola but sometimes they don't have what I need/want.

Steuben1

LOL........I need to get to "Big R" and see what they got!!!!!!!!!! ;D

Offline Greg2ha

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pollock $1.49 a pound!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #6 on: Oct 23, 2010, 08:58 AM »
I miss the Big R stores. I know they still have a few but when I lived in Logansport they had one and we used to have one here in Fort Wayne.
Do they carry much ice stuff Rico?
Fish on!

Offline jdm

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FLAG UP!
« Reply #7 on: Oct 23, 2010, 11:52 AM »
The Big "R"  up here is in Michigan City. The nice thing about them  is they leave a lot of their ice gear out all year! I also found the F+W outdoor sports ice fishing magazine last night at Kroger in Laporte! Its getting here slow but sure.

Offline rico

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Oct 23, 2010, 03:49 PM »
I miss the Big R stores. I know they still have a few but when I lived in Logansport they had one and we used to have one here in Fort Wayne.
Do they carry much ice stuff Rico?

The one here in Warsaw is also a "Bass Pro-Shop" outlet.  They carry alot of ice stuff. 

Offline fishinfiend

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Oct 24, 2010, 06:52 PM »
Big-R has there ice gear out!!  Picked up some cajun ice line, never tried it but dont like trilene.  Picked up a pair of Ranger pac boots too, $50. 

Offline gillcommander

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I DO NOT FEAR FISH !!!
« Reply #10 on: Oct 28, 2010, 06:40 PM »
was just in GM Ft Wayne tonite (hoping to score on a new muzzleloading outfit) and they got there ice stuff about half way out. One 2 person Clam shelter and a single person Frabill. They also had some flashers....Fl-18 and 8's and a few hummingbirds also. They were just getting putting out there jigs while I was there and they only have like 4 rods out currently...St Croix's. Only tip ups I saw were some frabils....plastics, wood, and a couple of thermals where they cover the entire hole. They did have a bunch of hand augers though. No ice clothing and no tungsten jigs (they won't have any all season)!

I imagine they are still a few days away from having nearly everything out.

It's a fine line between fishing & sitting on the ice like an idiot

Offline kcskypilot

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • A nice day!
« Reply #11 on: Oct 30, 2010, 08:06 AM »
The one here in Warsaw is also a "Bass Pro-Shop" outlet.  They carry alot of ice stuff. 

Looks like a trip to warsaw is in order!

Offline fishmedic

• IceShanty Rookie
  • BOOYA
« Reply #12 on: Oct 30, 2010, 08:36 AM »
Big-R is a great place. They r pretty good on pricing and have alot of sles throughout the year.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.