The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Sno Pro ice shacks, anybody tried one  (Read 16572 times)

Offline Downeaster

• Team IceShanty Addict
Sno Pro ice shacks, anybody tried one
« on: Sep 04, 2010, 05:55 AM »
Cripes, I spend enough money on everything else, I am now considering a Sno Pro ice shack.  I am interesting in maybe
the 6x10 size, as I feel my SkiDoo Expedition or Griz will pull it.  Anyone tried one of these and what do you think?

Offline maineduckhunter

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Stop Bucket Biologist and Kill ALL Maine Pike!!!
Re: Sno Pro ice shacks, anybody tried one
« Reply #1 on: Sep 04, 2010, 07:42 AM »
Nope never... ;)2  My step dad won this one last year at the Pike Derby!!! :thumbsup:

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2 on: Sep 04, 2010, 08:12 AM »
Last fall I bought an 8x12 sno pro   its a great shack!   price I payed I couldnt build a cheap storage shed for the cost  as it hasnt hit the ice yet....   as I worried about getting it off    prob last year would have been a great year to have it out! I have considered (thought about it cant quite do it) cutting it in 1/2   8x6 easier to handle (for me)
I am a Veteran Not a Terrorist!

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3 on: Sep 04, 2010, 08:14 AM »

Offline DasRottweiler

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • RIP- DR`s AwesomeAustin 9/10/09
« Reply #4 on: Sep 04, 2010, 08:16 AM »
Dig the color Hazzy! Loud and Proud! Need sum  biggah shantie stickahs and flag ayuh , and yall be allset!

surflizard

« Reply #5 on: Sep 04, 2010, 08:39 AM »
There is a Trailer / Dock company in Meredith NH. They had some on display, real nice looking, But $ 1400.00 for a 4' x 8' didn't seem like a price I'd want to cough up !  :o

Offline Downeaster

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Sep 04, 2010, 02:07 PM »
Well, I know I will have to pay around 2k or better for what I want.  I have a 4x6 that I built and it will still be used, but
I want something else with a little more comfort and roominess for the lake I fish most.  I am getting a little
older and it seems that everything I have to lift weighs more than it did last year.  I am exploring the idea.  I like the look
of both of those shacks, but need probably a 6x10 or 8x12.  I think the 8x12 may be a little overkill.

Offline maineduckhunter

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Stop Bucket Biologist and Kill ALL Maine Pike!!!
« Reply #7 on: Sep 04, 2010, 09:49 PM »
Well, I know I will have to pay around 2k or better for what I want.  I have a 4x6 that I built and it will still be used, but
I want something else with a little more comfort and roominess for the lake I fish most.  I am getting a little
older and it seems that everything I have to lift weighs more than it did last year.  I am exploring the idea.  I like the look
of both of those shacks, but need probably a 6x10 or 8x12.  I think the 8x12 may be a little overkill.
That one we have is a 5x8.  It is retail at $2500.  It is VERY VERY light and has a sled/wheeler hitch on it!!  I can fully load it and push it on hard ice with one finger.  It also heats VERY easy!!!  We LOVE IT!!!  It's our new portable shack!

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8 on: Sep 05, 2010, 07:02 AM »
Dig the color Hazzy! Loud and Proud! Need sum  biggah shantie stickahs and flag ayuh , and yall be allset!
well it has the IS bumper sticker anyway!   but when occupied trust me  it flys the IS flag right under the US flag

Offline Downeaster

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Sep 05, 2010, 05:25 PM »
Unfortunately I saw one at Indian Hill last spring as the ice fishing season was ending.  I believe it was around $16oo, but
I didn't jump at the time.  Kinda regretting it now.  The next time I see a good buy on one I want, I will.

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #10 on: Sep 05, 2010, 06:09 PM »
Unfortunately I saw one at Indian Hill last spring as the ice fishing season was ending.  I believe it was around $16oo, but
I didn't jump at the time.  Kinda regretting it now.  The next time I see a good buy on one I want, I will.
hmmmmm

Offline Snopro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Why work when you can fish?
« Reply #11 on: Sep 06, 2010, 06:48 PM »
I got the 6x10 snopro that i insulated and put 1/4 inch luan on the walls and also built a dinette in the front. A very nice investment!!!! ;D ;D
Is it ice time yet???

Offline Downeaster

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Sep 07, 2010, 06:53 AM »
I agree that the 6x10 would be sweet.  We think of an ice shack costing over a grand being excessive, but we all blow
tons of money on other crap that won't last half as long as a comfortable, easy to handle shack.  That seems to be the
one I am most interested in as I can move it easily on my snowmobile trailer.  If anyone knows, where are the Snopro
ice shacks made in Maine.  I would like to go there and see some of them, and decide if I want to take the plunge.  I
realize I have to go through a dealer to get one, but would like to have the shack built somewhat my way.  I have
ideas, about the windows, etc.

Offline maineman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Sep 07, 2010, 01:49 PM »

Offline Downeaster

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Sep 07, 2010, 03:33 PM »
I got it, Winslow the main office.  Every time I would click on it over the weekend, it would not come up... I will have to
call around and see where they have one I am interested in, then go and look.  Thanks..

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.