The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: Normark Finbore 3 Rocks!  (Read 11197 times)

Offline HUNTnFISHSD

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Die Hard Fisherman
Re: Normark Finbore 3 Rocks!
« Reply #30 on: Feb 05, 2013, 05:43 PM »
 Ok they sound line a great product.

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #31 on: Feb 05, 2013, 06:10 PM »
How is this compared to a Nils
Equal in my opinion.

RG
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline littlebigfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Feb 05, 2013, 06:19 PM »
can i put the finbore on my nils power head

Offline littlebigfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Feb 05, 2013, 06:29 PM »
Never mind just saw the pic i would only be able to drill through about 18 inch of ice on my knees

Offline EddieRod

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Feb 05, 2013, 06:32 PM »
  Love mine, No complaints and not as exspensive as Nils, Had it shipped last year from Canada, That adds a few bucks.

Offline Homemade

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #35 on: Feb 05, 2013, 08:08 PM »
Never mind just saw the pic i would only be able to drill through about 18 inch of ice on my knees
...but that pic is of the Micro version, not the standard version. The standard Fin-bore III is a full length hand auger.

Offline HUNTnFISHSD

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Die Hard Fisherman
« Reply #36 on: Feb 05, 2013, 08:33 PM »
 They look like a good hand auger. As long as the blades are from Sweden almost any hand auger is awesome.

Offline TeeBugg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #37 on: Feb 05, 2013, 10:19 PM »
Anybody know where to get one?
"Quit whining and go fishing!"

Offline Reel_Force

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #38 on: Feb 05, 2013, 11:39 PM »
Fish307 .... Where I got mine ...

Offline HUNTnFISHSD

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Die Hard Fisherman
« Reply #39 on: Feb 06, 2013, 07:22 AM »
 You can also look them up on google and you will get a couple different places.

Offline Raatsu

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #40 on: Feb 06, 2013, 10:30 AM »
How do you drill with that thing, it doesn't even have enough flighting to clear the ice from the hole?
In my opinion if you try to compare this auger and NILS you are comparing apples and oranges, you get what you pay for.

Offline wipike

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #41 on: Feb 06, 2013, 01:43 PM »
How do you drill with that thing, it doesn't even have enough flighting to clear the ice from the hole?
In my opinion if you try to compare this auger and NILS you are comparing apples and oranges, you get what you pay for.

What just fell out of your head?  Quit drinking the Koolaid, the Finbore is easily in the same category as a Nils.

Offline HUNTnFISHSD

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Die Hard Fisherman
« Reply #42 on: Feb 06, 2013, 03:56 PM »
What just fell out of your head?  Quit drinking the Koolaid, the Finbore is easily in the same category as a Nils.

LOL

Offline Raatsu

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #43 on: Feb 06, 2013, 04:56 PM »
Chinese v. NILS Finnish quality, yeah you got a point...?

Offline gearheart

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #44 on: Feb 06, 2013, 04:59 PM »
I have an old 6" finn bore II. Got it about 40 years ago.  Back then they didn't have replaceable blades just a replaceable head that needed to be sharpened.  I got mad at it and bought an 8 inch gas auger.  Love it but it is heavy.  I took the old FB2 to the tackle store and asked about a newer head.  $50 later I had a new FB3 head with the curved replaceable blades.  1 bolt to change it out and off to the races.  I wish I had pursued this option first. I would never have bought the gas auger.  Haven't bothered with it for the last 2 years.  Just fired it up to check it out then back into storage. Unless we get a really heavy freeze there's no need for it.

Offline TeeBugg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #45 on: Feb 06, 2013, 06:02 PM »
I just checked a website and the normark is made in sweden.....where did chinese come into it?

Offline wipike

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #46 on: Feb 06, 2013, 06:08 PM »

That awkward taste in your mouth?  That's your foot.

It's wonderful you love your overpriced hand auger.  The Finbore will do the same thing, have locally sourced blades for less, and still cut with the same "lack of percieved effort".

Koolaid's a little tired from this end....

Offline TeeBugg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #47 on: Feb 06, 2013, 06:14 PM »
I just wish i could find one in stock somewhere!

Offline HUNTnFISHSD

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Die Hard Fisherman
« Reply #48 on: Feb 06, 2013, 06:38 PM »
That awkward taste in your mouth?  That's your foot.

It's wonderful you love your overpriced hand auger.  The Finbore will do the same thing, have locally sourced blades for less, and still cut with the same "lack of percieved effort".

Koolaid's a little tired from this end....

Ya they are hard to find.

Offline Raatsu

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #49 on: Feb 06, 2013, 07:03 PM »
Just my 2 cents kid, I probably spent more years on ice fishing than you have been around.
I got bad back, bad shoulders and the NILS is the only auger that cuts without down pressure with revolving grips and offset handle. I have tried most augers in the market thru the years and will never buy another auger again.
Believe what you want, most of Mora production is now in China.

Offline slekeith

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #50 on: Feb 06, 2013, 07:31 PM »
My daddy is gonna beat your daddy. :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Offline wipike

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #51 on: Feb 06, 2013, 09:34 PM »
My daddy is gonna beat your daddy. :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

I know, right? 

I love being called a kid.  Man I haven't heard that in years.  ;D    Raatsu, all 8 of your posts revolve around or link directly to Nils USA.  I get it - you like the auger.  I've been around a while too - I've owned a lot of augers also.  I won't disagree that offset handles make a significant difference in the amount of effort required to turn the auger.  I have one for all my augers now.  The Finbore is not made in China.  In fact more than a few of the older Strikemaster and Mora augers weren't made in China either.  None of that is relevant in this discussion, which is about Finbore.  Enjoy your Nils.   @)

Offline reddog11

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Lunker Lewie is the son of Adirondack Lew.
« Reply #52 on: Feb 06, 2013, 09:43 PM »
I bought the 4" for perching. It works great.
Master Laker taker.

Offline Yooper77

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #53 on: Feb 06, 2013, 10:00 PM »
Ford vs Chevy

Changed my middle name to "You should have been here yesterday".         Remember it's called fishing, not catching.

Offline HUNTnFISHSD

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Die Hard Fisherman
« Reply #54 on: Feb 06, 2013, 10:52 PM »
 Ford.

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #55 on: Feb 07, 2013, 01:26 AM »
Ford.
:clap: :clap: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Another rep bites the dust ;D

Anyway...I like my Fin Bor III and it is an extending handle not collapsible. I didn't know if I'd like it at first, but with 4-6 " of ice I just leave it short. It stores real easy that way.

I watched a guy a couple of weeks ago on Conesus who had, I don't know what for an auger. He was doing everything but walking around the hole in a circle to make it cut. I took him over my friend's 6" Fin Bor. When he cut a few holes with about 5 turns each he looked at me and just shook his head. He said "Think I need a new auger!"

RG
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline bigbuckmiddaugh

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #56 on: Feb 07, 2013, 03:52 PM »
i bought a new 4.5 finbore this year. i really like it!   If i hadn't already had the strikemaster 8 inch, i would have bought a bigger finbore too

Chinesese crap has literally gone out the window.......there crap will catch up to them too!

Offline gearheart

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #57 on: Feb 07, 2013, 05:36 PM »
:clap: :clap: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Another rep bites the dust ;D

Anyway...I like my Fin Bor III and it is an extending handle not collapsible. I didn't know if I'd like it at first, but with 4-6 " of ice I just leave it short. It stores real easy that way.

I watched a guy a couple of weeks ago on Conesus who had, I don't know what for an auger. He was doing everything but walking around the hole in a circle to make it cut. I took him over my friend's 6" Fin Bor. When he cut a few holes with about 5 turns each he looked at me and just shook his head. He said "Think I need a new auger!"
RG

That's what my kid brudder said last time we were out.  He pickd up my finn bore and started drilling and went WOW I need to get a better auger.  My 40 year old handle leaves a bit to be desired. It has a a single offset and  screws together never to come apart ever after except with heat and strong language but the addition of the modern Finn Bore III head ensured it will live on for a long time.

Offline shark

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #58 on: Feb 08, 2013, 04:06 PM »
I ordered a Fin Bore 6 inch,  I have a Nils 8 but wanted a smaller hole for jiggin , so I figured I give it a try , should be here tuesday. hope the ice holds up  ;D ;D ;D
How's the ice

Offline TeeBugg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #59 on: Feb 08, 2013, 04:48 PM »
I ordered a Fin Bore 6 inch,  I have a Nils 8 but wanted a smaller hole for jiggin , so I figured I give it a try , should be here tuesday. hope the ice holds up  ;D ;D ;D

Where did u get it from?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.