Author Topic: .blown head gasket on jiffy  (Read 2028 times)

Offline Brewdok

• IceShanty Rookie
.blown head gasket on jiffy
« on: Feb 24, 2010, 06:17 PM »
I keep blowing the head gasket on my old jiffy auger have had to replace it 3 times. anyone have this problem before??

Offline sweet lou

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • go deep or go home.
Re: .blown head gasket on jiffy
« Reply #1 on: Feb 24, 2010, 06:23 PM »
I just had a nut come off the intake breather and wiped out the piston. [techumsa ]spelling went out .and i can't get a piston.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                have you tried gasket cement also.

Offline Salmon Seeker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish To Live Live to Fish
« Reply #2 on: Feb 24, 2010, 08:41 PM »
   Brewdok  have you ever got water on your auger while it was hot from drilling holes?  It may be a  warped head. Not to mention it could have come that way to begin with.   Hot engines and cold water don't mix real well. When you have the head off  lay a piece of sandpaper on a nice flat surface and just move it around  if it is all scuffed up the same on the gasket mounting surface then you should be good with that.Possible warped on the cylinder side if it isn't the head.Not sure if your able to remove the cylinder never had one apart.Mine has always run without any problems.I would say there is one or the other with a good size gap in there.Any good machine shop should be able to hook ya up with to nice flat surfaces to put that gasket on. Good luck
JIBBS DRILL SOME HOLES

Offline flipper358

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 24, 2010, 08:48 PM »
You can check the head with a straight edge and a feeler gauge. same with the block. hope your torque is right on.

Offline flipper358

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 24, 2010, 08:50 PM »
I just had a nut come off the intake breather and wiped out the piston. [techumsa ]spelling went out .and i can't get a piston.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                have you tried gasket cement also.
weiseco pistons (spelling) has them

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.