The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Sebec Report  (Read 875 times)

Offline zmeans9

• IceShanty Rookie
Sebec Report
« on: Feb 16, 2010, 10:46 AM »
Fished Satruday from 11-dark and Sunday from 7-11.  Saturday was very slow.  Only had 2 flags and no fish to hand.  Sunday, had 3 flags and again, no fish to hand.  I was fishing suckers that may have been a little too large.  They were 6 or 7'' long...and it seemed that the fish were just mouthing them.  Seemed to be slow in our cove in general.  There were about 6 or 7 groups fishing all with little luck.  Some short salmon and a few togue.  Things have been really slow up there for us and the other groups fishing near us.

However, it was very cool because the lake was like a bottle in places.  We brought our girlfriends up and skated from one shore to another.  Played hockey on the lake as well.  Had a lot of fun just wish we had caught a few more fish.

Offline dreamcatcher310

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Go big or go home!
Re: Sebec Report
« Reply #1 on: Feb 16, 2010, 10:56 AM »
Where were you on Sebec? Which end?? I never really had much luck there with suckers either.. had the best bites with shiners.

Offline zmeans9

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 16, 2010, 01:18 PM »
Dream,

We were in Tim's cove...which is the other side of Deer point--the west side of the lake.  I fished a couple shiners and smelts but didn't have any luck on those either.  I use the suckers because I think they release more scent in the water...

We are going back up for the statewide tourney and I will try shiners again and let you know how I do.

Offline MaineFishah

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 16, 2010, 04:50 PM »
I'm fishing at my boss' camp this weekend in Bowerbank which looks to be directly across the lake from Greeley's Landing. What can I expect from this part of tha lake? I'm assuming that we are fishing directly from the camp. Thanks.

Offline dreamcatcher310

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Go big or go home!
« Reply #4 on: Feb 16, 2010, 07:02 PM »
Slow fishing but there are some decent togue that come out of that end of the lake.. I've fished from a camp in Bowerbank as well many times and every togue I've seen come through the ice has been 18"-24". Also seen some smaller salmon. My best advice.. bring beer haha

Offline zmeans9

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 17, 2010, 09:46 AM »
I have seen pictures of some 20lb+ fish taken out of the Bowerbank side of the lake.  I also talked with a guy this weekend who said that he and his friend who is a bio scuba'd in the "narrows" and there are fish that scared him.  You can catch the fish of a lifetime in there for sure.  This year, though, it has been very slow.  Bringing beer will certainly help.

Offline keepah seekah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Feb 17, 2010, 10:33 AM »
i have a friend that fished up there recently and caught a 16 pounder in.......6 feet of water, believe it or not.
i am a big supporter of PETA...."People Eating Tasty Animals"

"the green hornet strikes again gustafson!!!!"

Offline MaineFishah

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 17, 2010, 12:17 PM »
That is what I feared and I was already planning on beer. Besides my boss and I, the other 8 or so guys going have very little if any fishing experience, let alone ice fishing. They are planning on leaving Augusta around 8 for a day of fishing!! lol As for me, I'll most likely have all my traps set and all their holes drilled before they roll out of bed. ;D

Offline zmeans9

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Feb 17, 2010, 12:27 PM »
Keepah,

I believe it.  My flags this weekend were all in about 8 feet of water...I didn't see the fish but I am pretty sure they are togue because that is usually where I catch them.  I was also fishing right on bottom.  I have heard people are doing better in less water this year.  4-14 feet.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.