The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Ice Fishing with Kids - Need Help  (Read 711 times)

Offline Mako999

• IceShanty Rookie
Ice Fishing with Kids - Need Help
« on: Feb 14, 2010, 06:36 PM »
Im a part time lurker.  More so living vicariously through you guys.  I usually only get out a couple times a season and Ive been out only once this year.  But on wednesday I have to bring my two nephews and my niece fishing.  Im thinking it will be only a half day thing.  I just want a few flags to fly and catch a couple fish, I could care less of what it is.  But Im trying to figure out where to go.  I dont have a snowmobile so I have to walk to wherever Im going.  My first thought was arrowhead, but that place is huge and I didnt see anyone fishing in the cover where the ramp is so that didnt get my hopes up.  Today I looked at Roberts and Wadley but there was a ton of open water where I thought I would get on the ice.  So Im at a loss. If any of you could give me a little advice, it would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.  Oh and forgot to say Im in southern Maine, just south of Portland.

Offline macdaddyaxe

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • live to fish and fish to live
Re: Ice Fishing with Kids - Need Help
« Reply #1 on: Feb 16, 2010, 06:06 AM »
Try killick pond or Isinglass ,you might have some luck at sokokis pond on pickeral pond in limerick

Offline savage

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 16, 2010, 07:58 PM »
lower end of highland in windham

Offline Indie

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Feb 16, 2010, 09:50 PM »
Try Great Pond in the Cape, has plenty of bass. Also Lower Hinkley in Great Pond is kids only and is well stocked w/brookies as is upper Hinkley.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.