The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Need a little help pls.  (Read 656 times)

Offline blackduckin

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Beau dogg!
Need a little help pls.
« on: Feb 14, 2010, 09:59 AM »
 Hello,

Last week or two there was a post that had a few links or names of Surplus stores that you all recommended. What I'm looking for is a wool dog blanket. Last time I checked it out I found a site that had a bunch of different sizes and one said great for dog beds. Anyone know what site / store  that might have been? Or could someone recommend a  type or size that they bought for their dog?  Thanks in advance. Ed
What if the "Hokey Pokey" is really what its all about??

Offline shoota69

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Need a little help pls.
« Reply #1 on: Feb 14, 2010, 10:29 AM »
I'm not sure what site you were at, but sportsmansguide.com probably has what you're looking for. 

Offline blackduckin

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Beau dogg!
« Reply #2 on: Feb 14, 2010, 03:00 PM »
Wasnt sportsmans guide but thanks..  i tought it was on the moon boots post  but cant find what i need there now.

Offline gearjammer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 14, 2010, 03:20 PM »
there is a shop on pleasant street in brunswick, MAINLY WOOL. sign on window says sale on blankets.

Offline MG39

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • No Matter Where You Go, There You Are!
« Reply #4 on: Feb 14, 2010, 03:25 PM »
If I wanted a wool blanket for my dog, I'd buy a military surplus one, they are real warm and would be inexpensive. ;D
Man To Man Is So Unjust,
No Man Knows, Which Man To Trust,
I Have Trusted Many, To My Sorrow,
Pay Cash Today & I Will Trust Tomorrow,
Maybe......

Semper-Fi

Offline blackduckin

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Beau dogg!
« Reply #5 on: Feb 14, 2010, 03:28 PM »
MG39  Yes thats what I'm after... Do you recommend one over the others as far as a store, there are quite few to pick from. thanks Ed

Offline MG39

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • No Matter Where You Go, There You Are!
« Reply #6 on: Feb 14, 2010, 05:32 PM »
MG39  Yes thats what I'm after... Do you recommend one over the others as far as a store, there are quite few to pick from. thanks Ed

I never bought one, I was lucky enough to "aquire" a couple of them from a buddy. ;)

They are all about the same except for the colors of  brown, gray & green? I guess you shop them at the different places and get the best buy/  I checked Uncle Henry's, Craigs List & E-Bay. There was one in E-Bay for $10 = $10 shipping. You should be able to find them cheaper than that.

Here's the locations of surplus stores;

http://maps.google.com/maps?sourceid=navclient&rlz=1T4GZEZ_en-GBUS287US287&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=military+surplus+store+locations&fb=1&gl=us&hq=military+surplus+store&hnear=Raymond,+ME&view=text&ei=9np4S7-nE4O1tgeu0a2gCg&sa=X&oi=local_group&ct=more-results&resnum=4&ved=0CCMQtQMwAw

Good Luck!
Man To Man Is So Unjust,
No Man Knows, Which Man To Trust,
I Have Trusted Many, To My Sorrow,
Pay Cash Today & I Will Trust Tomorrow,
Maybe......

Semper-Fi

Offline blackduckin

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Beau dogg!
« Reply #7 on: Feb 14, 2010, 06:52 PM »
MG39,

Thanks for your help. I had my dog with me for the first time lastnight out fishing the evening bite. I thought of the wool blanket then. I'll bet Beau will like having a new blanket to curl up on while we are out there. I only caught one crappy , but it was 12 1/2 inches. I took it home cooked it up. with some progresso crumbs and fried it up and boy was it ever good.  The wife really enjoyed it too.  Thanks again  Ed

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.