The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Temporarily out of commision.  (Read 848 times)

Offline lakewoody

• IceShanty Rookie
Temporarily out of commision.
« on: Feb 14, 2010, 07:14 AM »
I have fished every weekend since the start of the season until now. Last weekends freak 4 wheeler accident on sabatis landed me in the hospital overnight for a triceps tendon repair. I am totatly bumming after talking to my buddies knowing they are out there catching fish while I am stuck home. I cant stand being couped up and not able to do much. I am temporarily out of work for six weeks and the surgeon tells me it can take up to a year to get my strength back, Dam I must be getting old. I am hoping I can fish again with some help from my friends as soon as I get this splint off in a few weeks and go into a brace. In the meantime I still look forward to reading about everyones fun on the ice. I issue a word of caution when towing dog sleds on glare ice... be careful cause before u no it the sled can pass u and TIP U OVA!!!!.

Offline Indie

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Temporarily out of commision.
« Reply #1 on: Feb 14, 2010, 07:30 AM »
That's rough, I wish you a speedy recovery. You'll be out there before you know it!

Offline blackduckin

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Beau dogg!
« Reply #2 on: Feb 14, 2010, 09:50 AM »
lakewoody,  I hope you get well soon and enjoy the rest of the season. Ed
What if the "Hokey Pokey" is really what its all about??

Offline polartippah

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • "TroyTMG" on MYFishFinder.com
« Reply #3 on: Feb 14, 2010, 10:11 AM »
Sorry to hear that Woody.  Hang in there and take care of yourself.  Speedy recovery to you.

Offline PIKE FISHERMAN

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Precision Angling on YouTube. Maine based fishing!
« Reply #4 on: Feb 14, 2010, 11:03 AM »
 I almost joined you in the broken elbow club yesterday on the ice. Turned to sit in a chair, and down I went. Its all black +blue, swollen and SORE!!
Precision Angling on YouTube. Maine based Bass, Pike, Fly fishing, Ice fishing, Brook fishing and Trolling. Feel free to follow along as I move through the Maine fishing seasons!!
My Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoA9o9knJAVeEkur3dDAMnA?view_as=subscriber

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5 on: Feb 14, 2010, 11:09 AM »
you can still go  get some crutches and put the ice grips on them or on a cane   when its really bad I use my spud bar (with the bend in it) as a cane crutch!
I am a Veteran Not a Terrorist!

Offline MG39

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • No Matter Where You Go, There You Are!
« Reply #6 on: Feb 14, 2010, 01:46 PM »
Not good being couped up at home! :(

Been there done it (5) times; Rebuilt thumb, Broken ankle, both shoulder rotator cuffs and two disc's in back ! ;D Grin & bear it Woody, wait til you get "old". ;D ;D

The only thing "golden" in the golden years is your urine! :)
Man To Man Is So Unjust,
No Man Knows, Which Man To Trust,
I Have Trusted Many, To My Sorrow,
Pay Cash Today & I Will Trust Tomorrow,
Maybe......

Semper-Fi

Offline lakewoody

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Feb 14, 2010, 05:31 PM »
I dont need a crutch my legs work fine. My arm is in a half cast splint from my armpit to my wrist. I am sure in a few weeks when I get in the brace a can fish with some help. Right now I have an 8" inscition in the back of my upper arm with staples hate to fall on that.

Offline Jim_C.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I never met a fish I didn't like.
« Reply #8 on: Feb 15, 2010, 08:25 AM »
Best wishes for a speedy recovery.  I've been down that road of orthopedic adventures myself.  Whatever you do, don't fall on the ice on top of the repairs the surgeon made. 

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #9 on: Feb 15, 2010, 10:18 AM »
I dont need a crutch my legs work fine. My arm is in a half cast splint from my armpit to my wrist. I am sure in a few weeks when I get in the brace a can fish with some help. Right now I have an 8" inscition in the back of my upper arm with staples hate to fall on that.
my baddidnt read i right  lol   well thats what I do anway get well quick
I am a Veteran Not a Terrorist!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.