The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: Strikemaster 2hp gas tank - Help!  (Read 4652 times)

Offline donaldstauffer

• IceShanty Rookie
Strikemaster 2hp gas tank - Help!
« on: Feb 12, 2010, 08:25 PM »
I have a couple of serious cracks in my Strikemaster Mag 2000 2 hp gas tank.  I tried epoxy but leaks in a day or so.  Called Strikemaster and went on line to the Strikemaster site and the gas tanks are not available - on back order.  It has been a month and a half.  What can I do?   With the ice getting over a foot, the hand auger is getting too hard for me.  The engine is the old Tecumseh and I found older messages about the difficulty getting a gas tank.

Help - Will anything repair the cracks until I can get a new tank- probably next year! 

Offline Finnish genius

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Strikemaster 2hp gas tank - Help!
« Reply #1 on: Feb 12, 2010, 10:07 PM »
I have a couple of serious cracks in my Strikemaster Mag 2000 2 hp gas tank.  I tried epoxy but leaks in a day or so.  Called Strikemaster and went on line to the Strikemaster site and the gas tanks are not available - on back order.  It has been a month and a half.  What can I do?   With the ice getting over a foot, the hand auger is getting too hard for me.  The engine is the old Tecumseh and I found older messages about the difficulty getting a gas tank.

Help - Will anything repair the cracks until I can get a new tank- probably next year! 

The product is called Sealall, it is in a tube , at your automotive or hardware store. It works real good  have patched snowmobile gas tanks with the stuff.  Goggle it read for your self.

Offline donaldstauffer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 14, 2010, 02:31 PM »
The product is called Sealall, it is in a tube , at your automotive or hardware store. It works real good  have patched snowmobile gas tanks with the stuff.  Goggle it read for your self.

Thanks for the idea.  I bought some and put it over the epoxy and hopefully sealed it to the tank.  It looks to be holding well and I'll try it this week.

Offline dkfry

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 14, 2010, 02:58 PM »
Look somewhere besides strikemaster for a new tank. You need a tanks for a 2hp Tecumseh ice auger engine, whether on a Jiffy auger or a strikemaster auger.

Offline miplugger

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 19, 2010, 08:35 PM »
 Has anyone located a source for a tank for a two horse strikemaster? I looked under two horse jiffy parts and they dont show a tank.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.