The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: PAK SHACK 3  (Read 5530 times)

Offline Champlaingler

• IceShanty Rookie
  • I hate snow!!!
PAK SHACK 3
« on: Feb 04, 2010, 05:46 PM »
Does anyone have any feedback on the pak shack popup shanty?
-Dave

Offline dinosaur454

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: PAK SHACK 3
« Reply #1 on: Feb 04, 2010, 08:17 PM »
I picked one up at Christmastime. For portability its not bad. Heats up pretty good with a small heater. The bench style seat is in my opinion a little uncomfortable due to the fastening points of the legs on the front of the seat. Had 2 people in it, was OK for space for 2. The hinge points I feel are dicey, only like a 6/32 or so. I give it a 3 out of 5. Hope this helps.  ;D
NAFC LIFE MEMBER

Offline bushey911

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 05, 2010, 04:43 PM »
I just got one at the start of the season not much to add other then on windy days if your back is not directy to it the front wants to pick over the top on you.....and again the hinges are alittle dicey but hat you want for 100 bucks other then that pretty happy with it. :tipup:

Offline thereeltruth

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 05, 2010, 11:28 PM »
I took the family out fishing on Wednesday with the Pak Shack3 on Lake Champlain. I use the original Pak Shack when I go alone on the windy days, and that holds up well in 20mph winds. This is my second season with the Pak Shack3, & 3rd with the Pak Shack. I really like these portable shantys. I also have a 4x8 folding and a traditional large shack. I have not been out in the really windy days with the Pak Shack3, however, in 10mph winds it held up well last year. Someone must always remain seated on the windy days. On Wednesday it was nice weather so we used tip-downs & flag traps, my wife + 2 young kids and I used the shelter briefly to warm our faces and to have our lunch. The sun, and our body heat was all that we needed. I brought the 1,500 BTU SportCat heater along, but we did not need it. One thing that I just noticed on that day for the first time was the velcro flap vent above on the back wall. I sat on 5 gal pail over one of the 3 holes, while the kids & wife sat comfortably on the folding bench seat. The cup holders & the side pockets are very handy. I highly recommend these portables, very fast to set up and very light. Extremely portable. I've left positive Pak Shack reviews on this site in the past. I'm impressed with them...

Offline DakotaElkSlayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Feb 07, 2010, 09:28 AM »
  I just got the origian Pak Shack and used it for the first time on Friday...  It is really impressive for the price!  We had rain going through all day and the Pak Shack kept me warm and dry.  Lots of room for electronics, a bucket and probably could fish two holes, although I only used one.  Definitely not as portable as a 1-man flip-over, but at a fraction of the price and the ability to throw it in a small car, you couldn't ask for more!

Jim

Offline tench

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Feb 07, 2010, 10:09 AM »
Its a little tight, but you can fish two holes, I even fish two people out of mine. I sit on a bucket with a seat, my girlfriend gets the chair. Works good if you use jig sticks, not much space for rod and reel set ups.
The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable,
a perpetual series of occasions for hope.
~John Buchan

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.