The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Chamberlain Here I come  (Read 2034 times)

Offline Woods Wise

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Chamberlain Here I come
« on: Feb 02, 2010, 09:10 AM »
Well, the time has finally arrived for my annual Chamberlain trip with a bunch of buddies. There are 14 of us heading in this year for some fishing and relaxation among other things. My dad and I are going in a day before everyone else so we can sled up and fish Eagle before the crew shows up Thursday morning. Will be heading out at 3am in the morning and will not miss work, my cell phone or electricity. Hope the fishing is great and will report back when I get home on Sunday.

Offline MEhunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Chamberlain Here I come
« Reply #1 on: Feb 02, 2010, 09:15 AM »
Good luck, will be up the road a piece from you, hope the weather corporates
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did so. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Offline TOMMYPOINT

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Take a kid fishing
« Reply #2 on: Feb 02, 2010, 09:15 AM »
Good luck, Have a safe trip. I hope you guys slay'em

Offline maineduckhunter

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Stop Bucket Biologist and Kill ALL Maine Pike!!!
« Reply #3 on: Feb 02, 2010, 09:17 AM »
Good Luck Jeremy :thumbsup:....Drive Safe!!!

Offline Woods Wise

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 02, 2010, 09:18 AM »
Good luck, will be up the road a piece from you, hope the weather corporates
Good luck to you as well, maybe we will cross paths. Weather looks like it should be nice, but you never know up there.

Offline Woods Wise

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Feb 02, 2010, 09:18 AM »
Good Luck Jeremy :thumbsup:....Drive Safe!!!
Drive safe, that is why I make my dad drive so I can dri... I mean sleep.

Offline Westerly

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Formerly bbpinecone
« Reply #6 on: Feb 02, 2010, 09:51 AM »
Good luck and take a bunch of pictures!  I love the reports from everyones northern trips...

Offline MaineFishah

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 02, 2010, 10:23 AM »
Good luck and I look forward to a report. I will be home in the Millinocket area from the 12th-17th and would like to make a few day trips with Chamberlain high on the list.

Offline brace

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Is it Friday yet?
« Reply #8 on: Feb 02, 2010, 10:49 AM »
Tight lines Jeremy - Looking forward to seeing some pics!!  Looks like the weather shouldn't be to bad. 
Brian<br />Nil Carborundum Illigimiti

Offline EmeraldShiner

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Live on for those that have been lost.
« Reply #9 on: Feb 02, 2010, 11:29 AM »
  Now you're talking big play Jeremy! Conditions for accessing Eagle from Chamberlain ought to be in your favor, great timing. Can't wait to see pics of those Allagash Brookies, if not can I put in a request for some sunrise and sunset shots? Good luck, tight lines, go north and go big! 8) :tipup: :tipup:

Offline Woods Wise

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Feb 02, 2010, 12:09 PM »
I will certainly get a bunch of pictures and of course ES I will get some sunset and sunrise pictures. I feel like a senior in hs with senioritis today at work. All I can think of heading north in less then 12 hours. :thumbsup: :icefish:

Offline NIP MAN

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Feb 02, 2010, 12:24 PM »
Good luck! We have a crew going a little farther north end of next week for week at Spider. If you get a chance when you get back, please let us know the conditions, heavy snow or slush or whatever.

Offline Out4Trout

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Waiting for the Annual trip up North
« Reply #12 on: Feb 02, 2010, 12:48 PM »
There are 14 of us heading in this year for some fishing and relaxation among other things.

Sounds like a great time, that's a large group.

Beleive it or not, there is a law for the Allagash Wilderness Waterway stating that you cannot have a group larger than 12 people fishing together. A ranger came up to us on a sled a few years back and started counting us, I thought he was comparing he number of people to traps. He told us about the law, then showed us the law book. We had 13, but he looked at one of the guys and said "you must be just visiting". He didn't write us up, but said he could have.

I don't think anyone would say anything to you, but you never know. We were on Eagle at the time.

I'll be anxious to the pics when you get back.

Offline Woods Wise

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Feb 02, 2010, 12:52 PM »

Beleive it or not, there is a law for the Allagash Wilderness Waterway stating that you cannot have a group larger than 12 people fishing together. A ranger came up to us on a sled a few years back and started counting us, I thought he was comparing he number of people to traps. He told us about the law, then showed us the law book. We had 13, but he looked at one of the guys and said "you must be just visiting". He didn't write us up, but said he could have.

I don't think anyone would say anything to you, but you never know. We were on Eagle at the time.

Thanks for the info, it's good to know b/c the local warden is a bit quick to issue tickets when he can get you for anything of importance.

Offline allagashfisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Feb 02, 2010, 01:33 PM »
Well, the time has finally arrived for my annual Chamberlain trip with a bunch of buddies. There are 14 of us heading in this year for some fishing and relaxation among other things. My dad and I are going in a day before everyone else so we can sled up and fish Eagle before the crew shows up Thursday morning. Will be heading out at 3am in the morning and will not miss work, my cell phone or electricity. Hope the fishing is great and will report back when I get home on Sunday.
Just came back form a week of fishing on monday, fished chamberland, eagle,webbster, fishing was good at all 3 lakes, a bit cold and windy though.the rain helped the ice but there is not much snow on the ice when I left, There is 2 new rangers up there there names are Pat and Chris they seen to be ok. but have not really got to know them yet, I have a camp in the parking lot, next trip planed for feb 18, good luck, just watch out for the warden he can and will give you a ticket of you give him any reason. 

Offline Woods Wise

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Feb 02, 2010, 01:51 PM »
Just came back form a week of fishing on monday, fished chamberland, eagle,webbster, fishing was good at all 3 lakes, a bit cold and windy though.the rain helped the ice but there is not much snow on the ice when I left, There is 2 new rangers up there there names are Pat and Chris they seen to be ok. but have not really got to know them yet, I have a camp in the parking lot, next trip planed for feb 18, good luck, just watch out for the warden he can and will give you a ticket of you give him any reason. 
Oh, we know about Bobbi Johansen first hand.

Offline MEhunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Feb 02, 2010, 03:46 PM »
does he make it up all the way to ross haha
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did so. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Offline JDK

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Feb 02, 2010, 04:01 PM »
does he make it up all the way to ross haha

I've been checked on Ross several times by Dave Allen and he has always been pleasant.  Not sure if he is still in that area or not as I haven't been this year.
I'm just here to read what all the experts have to say.

Offline Central Slayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Feb 02, 2010, 06:12 PM »
Dave Allen is no longer stationed @ Clayton Lake moved out 3 years ago we fish every year at least once.  We are fortunate enough to have a camp there.  Have not seen a warden in 3 years.  Leaving 5am tomorrow for 5 days.  We called up th Ross lake camps no snow on the ice>
Courage is running through a CANIBIL village naked...........

Offline JDK

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Feb 02, 2010, 06:15 PM »
Dave Allen is no longer stationed @ Clayton Lake moved out 3 years ago we fish every year at least once.  We are fortunate enough to have a camp there.  Have not seen a warden in 3 years.  Leaving 5am tomorrow for 5 days.  We called up th Ross lake camps no snow on the ice>

We were checked by Dave last year on Big Eagle and during the conversation he mentioned that he had been on Ross for several days.  Not sure where he is out of now.  

I'm just here to read what all the experts have to say.

Offline penobscot1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #20 on: Feb 02, 2010, 11:20 PM »

I look forward to taking your money in the largest trout pool...you'll need more than one extra day of fishing to take home the cash.  good luck.]

Offline Flatlander2Fisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I got my game face on now! Come'er Fish
« Reply #21 on: Feb 02, 2010, 11:26 PM »
Have a safe and fun one out there bud.  Pictures are key to get us ready for the weekend
Here fishy fishy fishy

Offline Woods Wise

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Feb 03, 2010, 02:20 AM »

I look forward to taking your money in the largest trout pool...you'll need more than one extra day of fishing to take home the cash.  good luck.]
[/quote]

look at this rookie with 2 posts trying to talk junk already. 

Offline deveau8273

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #23 on: Feb 03, 2010, 08:53 AM »
Give it hell buddy !!  Talked to Tony yesterday and he is pumped up and ready for the trip....  Maybe next year I'll be able to make it up with you guys.....

Offline northwoodstraveler

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Life is good...
« Reply #24 on: Feb 03, 2010, 04:47 PM »
 Now you're talking big play Jeremy! Conditions for accessing Eagle from Chamberlain ought to be in your favor, great timing. Can't wait to see pics of those Allagash Brookies, if not can I put in a request for some sunrise and sunset shots? Good luck, tight lines, go north and go big! 8) :tipup: :tipup:

EmeraldShiner> I see you like pics of Northern Maine sunrises. This is an image from a recent trip to Pleasant Lake in Island Falls. Great day in the outdoors... fishing was slow but when you have views like this who cares.

Early morning view from the sled trail to Pleasant Lake...

View from the shanty...
The surest way for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing

Offline EmeraldShiner

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Live on for those that have been lost.
« Reply #25 on: Feb 03, 2010, 07:15 PM »
EmeraldShiner> I see you like pics of Northern Maine sunrises. This is an image from a recent trip to Pleasant Lake in Island Falls. Great day in the outdoors... fishing was slow but when you have views like this who cares.

Early morning view from the sled trail to Pleasant Lake...
(Image removed from quote.)

View from the shanty...
(Image removed from quote.)
Thank you Northwoodsguide, those are gorgeous pics! :) 8)

Offline Woods Wise

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26 on: Feb 17, 2010, 09:52 AM »

Just an FYI
This above mentioned law is not the case in the winter. I asked the warden who covers that area and he said that it is only for the open water season so that large groups don't take over one whole camping area not allowing room for other groups to camp at the same site.

Offline Woods Wise

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27 on: Feb 17, 2010, 09:54 AM »
I have also been very slack in getting pics and an update of the trip up so I will be sure to do it tonight when I get home. I really hate having to use photbucket so I usually take some time.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.