The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: What were the results for the York County Derby?  (Read 3523 times)

Offline lv2huntandfish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
What were the results for the York County Derby?
« on: Feb 01, 2010, 07:10 PM »
Anyone have pics of board fish or anyone know what the biggest fish were?

Offline speedyrower17

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: What were the results for the York County Derby?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 02, 2010, 05:56 AM »
i was wondering the same thing

Offline lv2huntandfish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 02, 2010, 09:26 AM »
bump

Offline MEhunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 02, 2010, 09:28 AM »
1st and 2nd were just over 5 lbs (both lakers).  It was a pretty slowwww day of fishng for most.  12 inch brookie won biggest brookie if that tells you anything...
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did so. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Offline lv2huntandfish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 02, 2010, 09:33 AM »
1st and 2nd were just over 5 lbs (both lakers).  It was a pretty slowwww day of fishng for most.  12 inch brookie won biggest brookie if that tells you anything...
:sick: :blink: wow! a 12 inch brookie. I cant believe no one pulled out another state record from mousam  :roflmao: :roflmao:

Offline Maka

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Maximum Fish Extraction Please...
« Reply #5 on: Feb 02, 2010, 05:16 PM »
I'll get 'em all posted by tomorrow, Scotty is workin' on emailing them to me right now for all of the different fish types...

Offline Jen_mousam81

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 02, 2010, 07:44 PM »
That was my 12 inch brookie. I was hoping for something much bigger but it got me a sweet trophy and a 100 bucks. :thumbsup:

Offline Sinnian

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • PM me
« Reply #7 on: Feb 02, 2010, 07:46 PM »
That was my 12 inch brookie. I was hoping for something much bigger but it got me a sweet trophy and a 100 bucks. :thumbsup:(Image removed from quote.)

NICE~ Congratulations and welcome to TEAM MAINE and the Ice Shanty :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

Offline Jen_mousam81

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Feb 02, 2010, 07:54 PM »
Thank you! Hopefully my next winning fish will be a monster!!  :icefish:

Offline lv2huntandfish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Feb 02, 2010, 08:15 PM »
That was my 12 inch brookie. I was hoping for something much bigger but it got me a sweet trophy and a 100 bucks. :thumbsup:(Image removed from quote.)

That is a nice fish, I just would have thought the 1st place one would have been bigger. Not dissing your fish. Nice Job! You won 100 dollars more than i did.

Offline Jen_mousam81

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Feb 02, 2010, 08:22 PM »
Thank you. When I was waiting in line to get it weighed and the guy said I think you might win I thought he was crazy. There were only 2 adult brookies entered. I'm just lucky mine was bigger! I have a picture of all the fish hanging on the winner board but I don't know how to post a picture.

Offline lv2huntandfish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Feb 02, 2010, 08:48 PM »
Thank you. When I was waiting in line to get it weighed and the guy said I think you might win I thought he was crazy. There were only 2 adult brookies entered. I'm just lucky mine was bigger! I have a picture of all the fish hanging on the winner board but I don't know how to post a picture.(Image removed from quote.)

you need to open a photobucket account and upload your pictures to that. Then you will be able to see a bunch of different links to your pictures. Post the link that has the image brackets around it they look like this -----> [img ][ /img] That should work. Someone else on here would probably be able to explain better if you cant figure it out from what I have said. Also you should introduce yourself...new members are embraced a lot better when they introduce themselves.

www.photobucket.com

Offline Jen_mousam81

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Feb 02, 2010, 08:59 PM »
Thanks again.. Hey everybody, I'm Jen Moody and I live on mousam lake. I'm 28 and I have been fishing since I was in diapers. My dad brought me when I was that young cause I meant 2 extra traps but I ended up loving and have been fishing ever since. I was in the york county derby on sunday. Here is a picture of the winning fish board that I took. Thats my 12 inch brookie in the middle if that gives you an idea of the size of the other fish. 

Offline lv2huntandfish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Feb 02, 2010, 09:02 PM »
omg. If i knew the payouts were going to be so big i would have never even fished winni. I hope they do it again next year. It would have been helpful if people knew exactly what the categories were going to be and how much the payouts were  :o  I didnt see specific categories listed in any information that i saw at bait shops. Just a suggestion for next year.

Offline Jen_mousam81

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Feb 02, 2010, 09:12 PM »
Definitely a good point. I had no idea what the catagories were until I turned my fish in at the end. Plus they gave away over 6000 dollars in prizes. It was very well done. They did say they were definitely having another one next year.

Offline king salmon

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Feb 03, 2010, 11:01 AM »
Congrats and welcome aboard Jen. I believe weve met at Andy's funeral last year. My wife is Julie,I think you rode down to Mass. with her. We fish a lot in that area, mabe we'll see ya out there.

Offline MEhunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Feb 03, 2010, 11:40 AM »
conrats jen!  I'm the guy that was sittin next to you in Darren's shack at the end of the night when you came in with your trophy.  Good work!
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did so. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Offline Jen_mousam81

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Feb 03, 2010, 12:09 PM »
Congrats and welcome aboard Jen. I believe weve met at Andy's funeral last year. My wife is Julie,I think you rode down to Mass. with her. We fish a lot in that area, mabe we'll see ya out there.

Thank you, yeah I remember, I have known Julie for years. Hope to see you out on the lake sometime!

Offline Jen_mousam81

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Feb 03, 2010, 12:13 PM »
conrats jen!  I'm the guy that was sittin next to you in Darren's shack at the end of the night when you came in with your trophy.  Good work!

Thanks, thats too funny. I thought the picture kinda looked like you. Well I'm sure I'll see you out there plenty this winter. You guys are going on your trip pretty soon right? Have fun!!

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • R.I.P. Bobberstop 6-14-1944 ~ 7-21-2010
« Reply #19 on: Feb 03, 2010, 03:00 PM »
omg. If i knew the payouts were going to be so big i would have never even fished winni. I hope they do it again next year. It would have been helpful if people knew exactly what the categories were going to be and how much the payouts were  :o  I didnt see specific categories listed in any information that i saw at bait shops. Just a suggestion for next year.

ummm...it has been posted in the Maine derby and events section since jan. 6 spencer   ::)

Offline lv2huntandfish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Feb 03, 2010, 08:15 PM »
woops  :whistle: but still not sure why specific categories were not stated in the pamphlets at bait shops. But hey it looks like an awesome derby and i am in for next year! 

Offline Maka

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Maximum Fish Extraction Please...
« Reply #21 on: Feb 16, 2010, 06:51 PM »
Anyone have pics of board fish or anyone know what the biggest fish were?

A little late I know, but here are the results you were asking about Spenc... though we did end up giving prizes to as many kids as we could fit fish on the board...

Offline lv2huntandfish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Feb 16, 2010, 07:27 PM »
hey thanks! that is awesome and i cant wait to contribute my money next year.

Offline puddlefish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Feb 17, 2010, 05:17 PM »
welcome jenmousam to the board, im a rookie here as well.  thanks for the derby photos of the leaderboard, i got skunked that day but stil had fun. congrats on your money brookie!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.