The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Trap/Gear Box for an ATV  (Read 967 times)

Offline Bigmac

• Team IceShanty Regular
Trap/Gear Box for an ATV
« on: Feb 01, 2010, 07:50 AM »
Well I finally broke down this week and bought another ATV. I had been missing mine since I sold it a few years ago. I was thinking about building some type of a box to attach to the front rack that will hold my traps and other gear. Has anyone else done this. I am looking for ideas. Thanks.

Offline bee

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Trap/Gear Box for an ATV
« Reply #1 on: Feb 01, 2010, 08:09 AM »
Thats Why They Call It Fishing.

Offline Bigmac

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 01, 2010, 08:46 AM »
Thats  a nice set up. Are those just open plastic containers?

Offline bee

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 01, 2010, 09:03 AM »
Thats  a nice set up. Are those just open plastic containers?
Yes. Auger hangs from some steel rod. Small hole drilled in blade and rod goes through it. Top of shaft just hangs on rod. Rubber strap holds it in place.
Thats Why They Call It Fishing.

Offline lovtofish

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Norway, Maine
« Reply #4 on: Feb 01, 2010, 09:22 AM »
Yes. Auger hangs from some steel rod. Small hole drilled in blade and rod goes through it. Top of shaft just hangs on rod. Rubber strap holds it in place.
  Nice looking set-up, bee.  I too am looking for ideas for setting up my 4 wheeler to hall my gear.

Nice meeting you at the Crappie Meet and Greet in Litchfield.  Hope we can meet again on the ice.
Thanks for you help.
Norm

Offline Woods Wise

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Feb 01, 2010, 10:13 AM »
I do something similar. I use a gun rack on the front for my auger and it works very well and I use the fish crate on the back rack and it holds everything I need.

Offline FloatinWoody

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 01, 2010, 10:28 AM »
On my rear rack, 2 milk crates fit perfectly on either side. One holds my bucket with traps in it, the other my bait bucket. Leaves the front rack open for the cooler.

Offline Downeaster

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Feb 01, 2010, 10:49 AM »
I've had one for at least 10 years, and it is always in a state of change.  I will post some pictures later of a box that carries
all your tip-ups, lure box, and auger.  I also built a false bottom in it to put some emergency gear, such as a tow rope,
spare auger blades, spark plug for auger, and whatever.  I can carry 5 large Jack traps with 4 inch spools, and a jigging
rod.  All in one box.

Offline lovtofish

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Norway, Maine
« Reply #8 on: Feb 01, 2010, 12:07 PM »
I've had one for at least 10 years, and it is always in a state of change.  I will post some pictures later of a box that carries
all your tip-ups, lure box, and auger.  I also built a false bottom in it to put some emergency gear, such as a tow rope,
spare auger blades, spark plug for auger, and whatever.  I can carry 5 large Jack traps with 4 inch spools, and a jigging
rod.  All in one box.
Hey Downeaster,
I would like to see that atv box you speak of.  I am trying to come up with something to haul my gear in on my atv.  Pictures would be helpful.
Thanks.
Norm

P.S.  How is Keoka doing?  You can PM me.
Thanks

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.