The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Ragged lake  (Read 2155 times)

Offline landlockedsalmon

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • My wife said its her or the Vexilar,we'll miss her
Ragged lake
« on: Jan 29, 2010, 04:57 PM »
I just got invited to spend Feb 8,9,10,11,12,at ragged lake,by caribou lake,splake fishing.Just wondering if anyone has been to ragged lake this year?I have not been there since 2005,the fishing was ok then,with splake from 12" to 16".Any tips would be helpful.Or other spots in the area.We used to get a few salmon every year too.We are going to try to put a dent in the local coyote population while we are there too.Thanks,LLS
If everyone concentrated on the important things in life,there would be a shortage of fishingpoles.......... ..............Remember we all live downstream

Offline Ragged1

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Ragged lake
« Reply #1 on: Jan 31, 2010, 08:02 PM »
well landlock buy the looks of things were headed to one of Maine's best kept secret .hope we can keep it that way.LOL this place is not for the novice fishermen anyway.it takes time to now this place, you know that.access is not good unless your a locale .just getting there is not to easy either.lodging will be the biggest problem to prepare for thats why I rarely see any other fishermen.javascript:void(0);

Offline landlockedsalmon

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 31, 2010, 08:28 PM »
well landlock buy the looks of things were headed to one of Maine's best kept secret .hope we can keep it that way.LOL this place is not for the novice fishermen anyway.it takes time to now this place, you know that.access is not good unless your a locale .just getting there is not to easy either.lodging will be the biggest problem to prepare for thats why I rarely see any other fishermen.javascript:void(0);
When are you going?Your right tough place to fish.Lots of islands,and sharp "ragged" rocks,rough on fishing gear.Long haul on snowmobiles,always windy.Can't wait to go,it is a beautiful lake.Good luck.LLS
If everyone concentrated on the important things in life,there would be a shortage of fishingpoles.......... ..............Remember we all live downstream

Offline Ragged1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 01, 2010, 05:45 AM »
got your PM and yes you know me . i'll be there the same time you will.i was once known as swampdonkey till some one took it. ragged1 was the next thing .man I thought you would have put that together. are you fishing today??? no work here.

Offline landlockedsalmon

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 01, 2010, 07:56 AM »
got your PM and yes you know me . i'll be there the same time you will.i was once known as swampdonkey till some one took it. ragged1 was the next thing .man I thought you would have put that together. are you fishing today??? no work here.
6 more days.lls

Offline MEhunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Feb 01, 2010, 08:23 AM »
Fishin has been crazy up there the past few years.  My buddy has a place on it and they go on two trips a year.  Can't keep the splake off your line I guess.  Caribou has been slower the past few years though.  They will be there the weekend after you, let us know how you did.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did so. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Offline landlockedsalmon

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 12, 2010, 10:30 PM »
Fishin has been crazy up there the past few years.  My buddy has a place on it and they go on two trips a year.  Can't keep the splake off your line I guess.  Caribou has been slower the past few years though.  They will be there the weekend after you, let us know how you did.
just got back from ragged lake.fishing was awesome.Nonstop action.I fished with tommys and my buddy fished with shiners,Tommies outfished shiners almost two to one.I brought out 5 dozen tommies the first day and went back with eight in the bucket.I had three flags up at once,two different times.I had two flags up many times.We averaged about 40 flags a day per person.We caught mostly splake from 14" to 18"with a few larger fish,up to 24" and a few small lakers.One of the guys shot a female coyote at 85 yds with a 22-250 off a bait pile the third night.We might be going back up next weekend to fish again and coyote hunt.Pictures to follow.when I figure out how to download off from the camera?LLS

Offline allextremesfishing

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Feb 13, 2010, 09:39 AM »
just got back from ragged lake.fishing was awesome.Nonstop action.I fished with tommys and my buddy fished with shiners,Tommies outfished shiners almost two to one.I brought out 5 dozen tommies the first day and went back with eight in the bucket.I had three flags up at once,two different times.I had two flags up many times.We averaged about 40 flags a day per person.We caught mostly splake from 14" to 18"with a few larger fish,up to 24" and a few small lakers.One of the guys shot a female coyote at 85 yds with a 22-250 off a bait pile the third night.We might be going back up next weekend to fish again and coyote hunt.Pictures to follow.when I figure out how to download off from the camera?LLS

cant wait to see the pic's.
FLAG!!!!!!!!! 's are all down

Offline MEhunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Feb 13, 2010, 10:29 PM »
Thanks for the update, my buddies are headed out on Wednesday, I will let them know how you did.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did so. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Offline Ragged1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Feb 15, 2010, 06:17 AM »
Thanks for the update, my buddies are headed out on Wednesday, I will let them know how you did.

i tried to send you PM but could,nt for some reason . me hunter send me one i can return it to you with more in fo on ragged

Offline MEhunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Feb 15, 2010, 08:57 AM »

i tried to send you PM but could,nt for some reason . me hunter send me one i can return it to you with more in fo on ragged

PM sent

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.