Author Topic: Bald Eagle at Bass Lake  (Read 1317 times)

Offline iceon

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Bald Eagle at Bass Lake
« on: Jan 25, 2010, 10:44 PM »
Sunday the family and I were driving around the lake by the beach area off the point I saw it. I hit the brakes real quick and thru reverse. We sat there for a good 5 min, What a sight to see bright white head big brown body. I'm not one to talk this way but it sure was a beautiful thing see. ICEON
Iceon

Offline Retired-UAW

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Personal Best 7 lbs even
Re: Bald Eagle at Bass Lake
« Reply #1 on: Jan 26, 2010, 05:39 AM »
had 1 in a tree in the back yard last winter, WOW .
\\\"WORK\\\" is for people who don`t know how to \\\"FISH\\\"

Offline Derslayer1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • EAT   SLEEP   FISH
« Reply #2 on: Jan 26, 2010, 05:49 AM »
Last year we had three pair of eagles nesting in the area. Two pair were nesting near the reserve at SR 8 and sr 39. I reported seeing them to DNR and thats when I learned of the 3 pair. I havent seen any of them since cept' the one at bass lake. Even harder to find is the couple osprey we have, theres sposed to be 8 pair working/nesting in northern indiana. The last one I seen was on Maxinkuckee, last february while iceing perch. Havent seen them yet this year.

Offline wallin

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 26, 2010, 07:40 AM »
Wife use to see 1 working the Lakes where she was manager in Rensseltuckie, just here a splash in the water and see this thing flying off with a fish-big fish.
Tom

Offline hotdog

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 26, 2010, 08:07 AM »
I have two or three around me that I only see two or three times a year.

Offline Steuben1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jan 26, 2010, 08:08 AM »
There is a pair at Clear Lake in Steuben Co. that live on the island.  You might be able to see them here:

http://clearlakeindiana.org/fun/

Steuben1

Offline IceJunkie0602

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 26, 2010, 08:44 AM »
Last year we had three pair of eagles nesting in the area. Two pair were nesting near the reserve at SR 8 and sr 39. I reported seeing them to DNR and thats when I learned of the 3 pair. I havent seen any of them since cept' the one at bass lake. Even harder to find is the couple osprey we have, theres sposed to be 8 pair working/nesting in northern indiana. The last one I seen was on Maxinkuckee, last february while iceing perch. Havent seen them yet this year.
there are two nesting in potato creek state park.  It is an awesome site to see them pick a fish out of the water.  especially when you are not catching anything and the osprey swoops out of the sky, and shows you how it is done.

Offline waterfowler

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 26, 2010, 02:53 PM »
When i lived in IL we would see them by the 1000's on the Mississippi river in the spring when the ice was going out, way cool to see that many and you could get very close to them and they wouldnt care.

Offline brim wiggler

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 26, 2010, 03:57 PM »
me and my friend were out duck hunting,  we heard something behind us,  turned and looked and there was one coming into are spread.  It was about 5 ft. over are heads.  It's amazing how big they are when you see them that close.  It didn't take him long to figure out that his lunch wasn't real.  I think the robo duck caught his attention.  Scared the s@#t out of me.

Offline waterfowler

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 26, 2010, 05:47 PM »
its a good thing you didnt yell take em with out seeing it was a eagle! It would have been cool to see it go down after one of the deeks kind of like a buck humping a doe decoy very funny

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.