Author Topic: funny thing happened today  (Read 4868 times)

Offline lil-skipper

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: funny thing happened today
« Reply #30 on: Jan 25, 2010, 10:09 AM »
  rj, the next time you decide to purchase a new ice fishing suit, you might want to check out the ice armour plus suits. The reasons are plentiful. Not only will they keep you afloat for a while, if you fall thru the ice, they also have plenty of pockets, especially zipper vest pockets on bothsides of your parka. Makes it easy to slip your cell phone into and shut the zipper. lean over all you want, it won't fall out. 

Offline Steuben1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #31 on: Jan 25, 2010, 10:24 AM »
  rj, the next time you decide to purchase a new ice fishing suit, you might want to check out the ice armour plus suits. The reasons are plentiful. Not only will they keep you afloat for a while, if you fall thru the ice, they also have plenty of pockets, especially zipper vest pockets on bothsides of your parka. Makes it easy to slip your cell phone into and shut the zipper. lean over all you want, it won't fall out. 

The only problem with the AA suit is they don't make them in Blaze Orange!   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline bobolink66

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #32 on: Jan 25, 2010, 10:53 AM »
I fell through the ice at Wawasee last year and my wife's cell phone was in my pocket. When I got back to the car I remembered that it was there and it was on when I fell in. I thought it was toast . I took  the battery out and let it dry out. The next morning I turned it  on and it did not work. After replacing the phone and one week later , just for the heck of it I turned it on it and it worked.
 Well that that is not the best one . During deer season I had her phone in my shirt pocket and that day had  gutted a deer. I got blood on my shirt and threw the shirt in the washing machine of course with the cell phone still in pocket. I took a shower and was resting when it hit me . I went to the washing machine and it was on the rinse cycle . I took it out and let it dry for two days. Turned it on and it worked with a blurry screen( got better after a week). My wife took celll phone to  SLOUGH two weeks ago and lost the phone for good. Someone found it and used 50 min. off the phone before closing the account

Offline Gill Gitter

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Good friends -- Great times
« Reply #33 on: Jan 25, 2010, 12:46 PM »
I hope you didn't laugh too hard.  If RJ used a bigger auger then one of your spinning combos would be resting on the bottom of the lake with his phone!   ;D
i know. it had to be three times that sucker got sucked into that hole. don't remember if you were gone by then but the last time sorlips pulled it out and it had two bass on it.once i figure out how to get the pics off the phone i'll post them

Offline donnie.dew

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hmmmm...Peaceful
« Reply #34 on: Jan 25, 2010, 09:29 PM »
Here, let me help....

(Image removed from quote.)

-Jeff

thanks dude//how u do that

Offline SkeeterJeff

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • SPUD, SPUD, SPUD!!!!!
« Reply #35 on: Jan 25, 2010, 09:42 PM »
Code: [Select]
[img]http://i605.photobucket.com/albums/tt131/tammy_kirkland/guys%20fishing%20trip/039-1.jpg[/img]

Offline Steuben1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #36 on: Jan 26, 2010, 04:35 AM »

Offline Grumpyoldman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #37 on: Jan 26, 2010, 04:38 AM »
Sorry to hear of your loss.
It's natures way of telling you that cell phones don't belong on the ice, 'cept buried away for emergency purposes only.

Offline crappie66

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #38 on: Jan 26, 2010, 09:08 AM »
It's natures way of telling you that cell phones don't belong on the ice, 'cept buried away for emergency purposes only.

That is probably the greatest post ever posted.
Real fisherman don't yield to the weather.

Offline rjflynn

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #39 on: Jan 26, 2010, 04:44 PM »
thanx guys for poking fun :-\  :%$#!:wait till somethin like this happens to you. then its on >:D. by the way i want that pic for my avatar ;D

Offline bubbagill

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Marking Reds, Catching Greens.
« Reply #40 on: Jan 26, 2010, 05:05 PM »
that sucks man.  last week i dropped my phone in the hole and caught it and it actually still works thank god cause my insurance on phone is maxxed out.
Marking Reds, catching Greens.
HOLY COW.  Go Cubs Go.

Offline john t.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #41 on: Jan 26, 2010, 05:16 PM »
I lost two phones last year. lol     none this year but the season isn't over yet

Offline dakota

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #42 on: Jan 26, 2010, 05:55 PM »
I dropped my phone( only had it a week) in the tub when I was giving my youngest a bath. Took it apart and used a can of air and dried it as good as I could, put it back together and it worked fine. Had it for 2 years before it died. It was on when it went in.
Semper Fi            ;IGY6
I stand for the flag, I kneel for the fallen

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.