Author Topic: You won't get action like this out of your worm or plastic bait, watch the video  (Read 1516 times)

Offline musky8it

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I posted to a thread in here called Crappie baits?. People thought it was a good idea so thought I would make a thread for it. CLick the link below to see video, you won't get this much action from any spike, beemoth, mousey, or plastic. Plus you make them yourself and can die them any color you want. Soaking them in salt water also gives a natural taste.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySGnyFPwAYQ

FRANK SINATRA, The Hangover Survival Guide

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."

Offline drk_denman

• IceShanty Rookie
what was that you had on that gill pill it had more action then my soft plastics.
Triple D

Offline Bullgills

• Team IceShanty Regular
ok that looks great but what was the material on the Dimond Jig??????

Offline musky8it

• Team IceShanty Maniac
what was that you had on that gill pill it had more action then my soft plastics.

Sorry, I forgot to add that. I took skin off a chicken leg, laid it flat, froze it so I would be able to cut it into strips then soak them in salt water to cure them, salt adds to the taste to. I cut them into 1" strips and longer. The one in the video is about 1-1/2". You can also die them. I tried chicken breast skin and its thicker, leg skin is real thin and it gets more action than breast skin which is thicker.

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."

Offline ss307

• IceShanty Rookie
the pork baits that are soaked in saltwater work also and you can get them in a jar from any place.

Offline musky8it

• Team IceShanty Maniac
but how thick are they? chicken skin is paper thin, giving them allot of action even in cold water. I have never bought any but the pork baits I have seen look thick and stiffer.

Offline ss307

• IceShanty Rookie
i cut them into strips

Offline Outlaw46341

• Team IceShanty Regular
that is awesome can u give some demensions? length thickness and what not, thats killer i have never seen anything like that in a bait shop
I HUNT I FISH I EAT

Offline musky8it

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Breast skins are to thick, leg skins are real thin but still tuff for fish to get off the hook. I spread the skins on a flat plate, freeze them, then use a utility knife w/razor blade to cut strips. I cut them anywhere from 1/8 to 1/4" wide, and 1 to 1-1/2" long. The one in the video is about 3/16" wide and 1-1/2" long. Some input from one other fisherman, was to be cautious of salmonella. So take any precautions you see fit.

Offline kcskypilot

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • A nice day!
Waiter! There's a Diamond Jig in my drink!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.