Author Topic: got in to a car wreck  (Read 1301 times)

Offline mather25

• IceShanty Rookie
got in to a car wreck
« on: Jan 21, 2010, 09:20 AM »
on the way to go ice fishing..

some guy ran the stop sign and wam bam my truck is totaled

so for now no more ice fishing. 

at least all my ice fishing stuff is okay nothing is broken

the vex is still working thats good to.

well this sucks and i am currently unemployed to throw that on top of everything.

well good luck to everyone that is able to go out

i hope to be out there soon

Offline Fishslayer81

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: got in to a car wreck
« Reply #1 on: Jan 21, 2010, 09:24 AM »
Damn it man, sorry to hear that. Fwiw some gal hit me head on in a parking lot lastweek. She said the sun was in her eyes and she did not see me. Fortunately my truck only had minor damage. Just get ya a rental truck and get back on the ice!!! ;)

Offline mather25

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 21, 2010, 09:31 AM »
trying to get a rental truck but the places around here that i have been calling are being jack**** about it and they are saying it might take a couple of days and on top of it all. its my girlfriends birthday today... good thing i took her out yesterday lol

Offline blueultra2

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 21, 2010, 10:10 AM »
Glad to hear that you're OK.  Where was the accident at?

Offline RonSki

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 21, 2010, 10:11 AM »
 I got rear ended back in November, right before gun season opened. Wasn't fun then either. You're lucky though, you happen to be in between me and most of the lakes I've been fishing. I'll pick you up & take you next time I'm down that way. I'm unemployed too so no telling when that'll be ;)

Offline mather25

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 21, 2010, 10:26 AM »
i was on 1350  heading to wawasee. the guy that hit me was going south on 600 and i was going east on 1350 and hit me on the drivers side. the guy was like i didnt see anyone coming so i just kept on going he even had a stop sighn and didnt even stop. i have well had a RED s-10 i dont understand how you dont see a red truck coming down the road and the bad thing is that the roads where harldy icey. the cop even said the roads arent as bad as they look. so now i have to wait for these ppl to get back to me so i can get a new truck and get back to some fishing but who knows how long that will take ppl are slow these days and i wasnt even speeding either he sure was though

Offline h2.0shaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jan 21, 2010, 10:33 AM »
Glad youre ok, these idiots drive worse everyday.

Offline Daybreak

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 21, 2010, 10:46 AM »
Hope you get everything resolve quickly.  Know what you mean about everybody taking their time.  I'll bet the other guy is already driving something and you are stuck, not a laughing matter. Glad to hear you are OK.  Keep your chin up.  Things will get better.  I have been unemployed for the past 10 months too.  If it weren't for the Amish helping out with gas money, I would be stuck at home.

Offline mather25

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 21, 2010, 10:56 AM »
yeah the ppl that hit me had ppl come and get them right after the cops got everything done. the guy that hit me was like we have other things to drive i think he said something like having 3 other things to drive and they where menanight

Offline abishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Jan 21, 2010, 12:47 PM »
COULD YOU IMAGINE IF AFTER YOU GOT HIT, THE DOOR OPENED AND YOU FELL OUT ON THE GROUND AND YELLED OUT LOUD (CALL A AM BL ANCE). KA CHING KA CHING   JUST KIDDING GLAD NO ONE WAS HURT.

Offline leavnsorlips

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Jan 21, 2010, 02:40 PM »
so glad to hear your ok! i know it sux but count your many blessings! coulda been much much worse! get that rental and go whack some heads!

Offline ice chaser

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Jan 21, 2010, 06:41 PM »
Glad to hear nobody was hurt, the other guy was at fault but pretty sure it was not on purpose. Don't take it personal, I have been in a few accidents mostly someone else fault and when I was a teenager a couple that was my fault, but never on purpose. The other guy might actually be sorry so hope every thing works to your advantage so stay positive. Good luck with the job hunting I've been out off work for 14 months. Sure do enjoy the extra time fishing because we will find work and then think about fishing instead of doing it.
Dewey, Cheatum, and Howe

Offline fishinfiend

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Jan 21, 2010, 06:59 PM »
That sucks man!!   Glad ya walked away unharmed.

Offline mather25

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Jan 22, 2010, 11:20 AM »
yeah im glade that no one was hurt. i feel pretty bad for the guy that hit me because when he came to my window i was pretty P***** and said a few words but i told him i was sorry and made sure that him and his wife was okay and im glade that he just admitted that it was his fult instead of blaming it on the road or anything els. but im glad that everything is getting all sorted out and that we are all still alive.

but am i feelin all the pain now lol i didnt feel anything yesterday but its kickin my butt right now lol

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.