The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Lobdell Lake  (Read 4515 times)

Offline wallygator

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Walleye Crazy
Lobdell Lake
« on: Jan 20, 2010, 07:11 PM »
Does anybody on IS fish Lobdell lake. Thinking about going up there next week, any info would be appreciated.

Thanks, Wallygator :tipup: ??? ???
<{{{}}

Offline outdoor junkie

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • It's walleye time!
Re: Lobdell Lake
« Reply #1 on: Jan 20, 2010, 08:50 PM »
Hey wally, hows it been bro?  Had a buddy pull a couple limits of decent crappie out of there last week after dark, don't know where but he said he walked a ways, I could find out for ya though.  We used to get some nice pike out there.

Offline TntBull

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 20, 2010, 10:41 PM »
Lobdell Lake!!  If u can't catch fish there!!  Take your pole and wrap it around a tree few times!  We fish it all year round! Get out of Idiot Alley as fast as you can!! That would be Whites Landing! No one wants to drag a shanty, but if u get out of that channel! Fishin is pretty good!! Big Pike,tons of bluegills,crappie and it's rummored to be alot of wallies in there too!! Good Luck

Offline wallygator

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Walleye Crazy
« Reply #3 on: Jan 21, 2010, 10:46 AM »
are people using quads on the lake yet, how's about ice thickness, i was looking at the map of the lake and it looks like lots of drop-offs. looking for pike.
<{{{}}

Offline TntBull

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 21, 2010, 12:15 PM »
If you head out of Whites Landing!  head out to the island on your right side behind there they r always pike fishin!! Theres a huge 60 foot hole right at the end of that channel! Hope that helps! Good Luck

Offline wallygator

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Walleye Crazy
« Reply #5 on: Jan 21, 2010, 01:22 PM »
is Whites Landing a DNR ramp, from the photo it looks like it is on the west end of the lake, am i correct.
<{{{}}

Offline Newride

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 21, 2010, 02:55 PM »
No Whites Landing is the marina right there off Silver Lake road. Its on the N end of the lake near Seymour road . Now there are 2 locations .. one is near Silver lake and the other is here :

16043 Whitehead Drive
Linden, MI 48451-8713

Good luck ! Bass fishing is great there in the Summer !

Offline woodstock1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 21, 2010, 03:47 PM »
Whites Landing is on silver lake & whites landing road, the one on the map is off argentine Road,this one is a dnr ramp" park sticker is needed here + boat ramp sticker".

Offline wallygator

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Walleye Crazy
« Reply #8 on: Jan 21, 2010, 06:27 PM »
which landing do you recommend, and are people using quads, I had hernia surgery and cannot walk or pull my shanty with-out the use of my quad.
<{{{}}

Offline luludawg

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 21, 2010, 07:30 PM »
  I would recommend what wallygator said.   Also you could try straight out in the middle past the channel about 30 - 40 yds and will hit about 20 - 30 ft of water.   A pretty good spot for crappie is out past the channel and go left afew hundred yards and you will see another island (toward the right side) , the North side of the island about 30 yds out has produce some nice gills and crappie.  I live about 1 hour from Lobdell now so you can have all my spots out there.   This is from Whites landing!  That is where I would recommend unloading / loading quads. The dnr launch is fine but unless you have a handicap sticker you will have to park on top of a hill and walk down to the lake. 

Offline TntBull

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Jan 22, 2010, 12:44 AM »
If u try the Dnr boat launch! You will be a post on here!!  There is a current that runs pretty hard thru there!! Ice is all spongy!! The ice is prolly thinck enuff to drive a truck on the rest of the lake, so don't worry there!! My only problem with Lobdell is the idiots and their snowmobiles!! They will ride right up ur ass and laugh as they do it!! Go out Whites Landing walk i would say 150 yars and u will see where that channel dumps into the main lake!! Right there is a 60 foot drop off! They like to fish back from that for pike!!  So Good Luck please stay away from the Dnr boat launch unless ur ridin a snowmobile!!! And if you are haul ass over that part of the lake!!

Offline wallygator

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Walleye Crazy
« Reply #11 on: Jan 22, 2010, 09:34 AM »
Guys thanks for all the info, looks like we are going to try it next weekend. hopefully we don't get alot of rain and warm temps.
<{{{}}

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.