Author Topic: Max on Thursday  (Read 1426 times)

Offline crappiehunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Crappie too big for the hole!!! LOL!!
Max on Thursday
« on: Jan 19, 2010, 08:26 PM »
I'm hoping to head out to Max on Thursday, anybody want to join me? I've fished it open water but never through the ice. Anybody looking for someone to fish with?

Offline iceon

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Re: Max on Thursday
« Reply #1 on: Jan 19, 2010, 09:51 PM »
Crappiehunter
 I haven't been by Maxi in a couple of days but the main lake isn't safe there were a few venturing out from the launch toward the perch hole but I don't even think they were getting out far enough. A few getting out in Academy Bay. My advice would be stay closer to home and don't waste gas. Trust me I want on Maxi real bad. Unless you were wanting to fish the channels there safe and crowded.
 ICEON
Iceon

Offline Super Yooper

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • When Hell Freezes Over... I'll Ice Fish There To!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 19, 2010, 10:19 PM »
I'm hoping to head out to Max on Thursday, anybody want to join me? I've fished it open water but never through the ice. Anybody looking for someone to fish with?
Mike,

I may be up for something Thurs afternoon or maybe bass lake Fri night.

I am in agrement, maxi may not be safe.

Let me know.. PM me if interested.

Super Yooper

Offline abishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 20, 2010, 03:00 AM »
FRIDAY NITE SOUNDS LIKE A GO 4 ME AS WELL. SHOOT ME A PM AND HOPEFULLY WE CAN HOOK-UP.

Offline musky8it

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 20, 2010, 03:27 AM »
I fished Max Monday from 10am-930pm that night. The 19' hole just out from the ramp, not the kettle, has good ice 5-6' and the slush has froze. The kettle and deeper water had black ice Monday, so stay away from there. As for the fish bite, I can't tell you to save your gas money. But you never know when the perch will start bitting in that 19' hole, at least monday they wasn't. From 10am-dark I caught 5-6 average perch, biggest was 9". On my UW camera I seen on eye and 4-5 jumbo perch. After dark the only thing I caught was 4-5 Rockbass. Never ate one before so I kept one to help make a meal with the few perch I had. I''ll tell you what, I won't be throwing back anymore RKbass, it was almost as good as gills.

Don't know about anywhere elso on Max. I have read they been out by the Academy.

FRANK SINATRA, The Hangover Survival Guide

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."

Offline Derslayer1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • EAT   SLEEP   FISH
« Reply #5 on: Jan 20, 2010, 06:37 AM »
There is 4 to 7 inches over around academy bay. Theres not just a few guyz fishin the area. When I was there the other morning there was 15 guys jiggin for gills with alot of dinks being caught and an occasional nice one. You can get out over 1/3rd of a mile on academy bay.Cleats are a must, the slush on top had frozen, some places HARD, some a little cake with hard ice underneath. The kettle is still too iffy, Musky is right, black ice and varies. East side maxlanding by aubbennaubee crk is a NO GO. I drilled 3 inches cake and 2 inches hard only 100 yards out. Way too much pucker for me. The drill made the ice buckle. I fished deeper water off academy for teeth, a few pass bys on the camera. Tough out there now... Good post Musky, I guess we are just waitin on feb to get here eh...

Offline musky8it

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jan 20, 2010, 11:18 PM »
its been a long time since I fished out from the Academy. Do they still allow parking where they winter their big boat? Or do you have to park at the beach and walk there. BTW, anyone doing any good out from the beach or is that ice not save.

FRANK SINATRA, The Hangover Survival Guide

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."

Offline chumslick

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ><(((*>
« Reply #7 on: Jan 21, 2010, 04:47 AM »
Last I knew you could park at the lot by the big sail boat but that has been a while ago. I went down maybe a week ago and nobody had walked out from the beach. Saw footprints out 40 feet but they drilled holes and turned around. I'm hoping this 20 degrees last couple of nights put and inch or two on the thin spots

Offline Dr. P

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 21, 2010, 07:52 AM »
I live and work at the academy and no one seems to mind if you park by the crew shed, where the Ledbetter(the big sailboat) is dry docked for the winter.  Ice is 6-8" for a good way out, I have seen a few anglers daily this week.  Peeked in a few buckets and saw some nice fat bluegills.  Where are the jumbo perch?  Have they ever been seen or caught in recent years?  Peace.

Offline Derslayer1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • EAT   SLEEP   FISH
« Reply #9 on: Jan 22, 2010, 05:15 AM »
Yes you can still park over by the garage Musky, theres been alot of anglers goin out on the weedbed there for gills. ALOT of sorting with an occasional nice gill... Havent been in a few days, fighting the stomach flu in this household, finally feelin good enough to get online and MAYBE go fishin...I dont know what the rain has done to the 6-8 inches of ice, hopin to find out today...

Offline Derslayer1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • EAT   SLEEP   FISH
« Reply #10 on: Jan 22, 2010, 05:20 AM »
And what are you doin awake at 515am anyway?  ;D

Offline walleyeboater

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Jan 22, 2010, 10:50 AM »
Probably havin withdrawls, shakes, an twitchen, you know?   
                    "ICE FEVER"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.