The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Free starter traps  (Read 1874 times)

Offline NewportMe

• Team IceShanty Regular
Free starter traps
« on: Jan 18, 2010, 09:28 AM »
First of all Jay nice job on the derby.

My daughter won a set of pink polar tip ups at the derby on Sat. We were talking on the way home and she said dad what will I do with my new traps I already have some that Gram and Gramp gave me. I suggested that we could post them on here for a kid to get started and she readily agreed.

So here goes 1 brand new set of 5 pink polar tip ups free to good home. I live in Scarborough and could meet someone close to here about anytime.

Bruce

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • R.I.P. Bobberstop 6-14-1944 ~ 7-21-2010
Re: Free starter traps
« Reply #1 on: Jan 18, 2010, 09:36 AM »
Very nice gesture Bruce...give your little girl a congratulations from me for winning them and you get one for raising a fine young lady and taking her fishing.

Offline TOMMYPOINT

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Take a kid fishing
« Reply #2 on: Jan 18, 2010, 09:43 AM »
That is awesome. Congrats on the win. Sounds like you are raising a fine young lady there.

Offline TinyTim

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3 on: Jan 18, 2010, 09:46 AM »
Thats a very nice gesture on her part!! Hope the good karma puts a big fish on her line!  :thumbsup:

Offline DaddyX2

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 18, 2010, 09:50 AM »

My daughter won a set of pink polar tip ups at the derby on Sat. We were talking on the way home and she said dad what will I do with my new traps I already have some that Gram and Gramp gave me. I suggested that we could post them on here for a kid to get started and she readily agreed.

So here goes 1 brand new set of 5 pink polar tip ups free to good home. I live in Scarborough and could meet someone close to here about anytime.

Bruce
dear sir, i have been trying to find a set of them for my fiance so she can go with me and my two boys. i know your looking for somebody to give them just starting out, but, i would like to inquire as to where you found pink polar tip ups in the first place for purchase. thank your very much

Offline NewportMe

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 18, 2010, 10:52 AM »
Daddy

My daughter won them at the pike derby..... I dont know where to buy them. We would like to see them go to someone young, but if I don't see a reply in a day or two you are welcome to them. We would rather they be fishing than sitting!

Bruce

Offline DaddyX2

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jan 18, 2010, 10:55 AM »
oh i hear ya....but i dont think my two boys would appreciate pink / bubblegum traps hahaha

Offline NewportMe

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 18, 2010, 10:58 AM »
Daddy if  we don't get a kid in a couple days the fiance is welcome to them as well.

Offline #1bassfisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • My Son Sportskid and daughter lil bit
« Reply #8 on: Jan 18, 2010, 11:08 AM »

Bruce
my daughter is 5 years old and has gone out a couple times and i have been looking for a set to paint pink, as pink is her favorite color.
If you haven't got someone yet she would love to get them to outfish her brother sportskid ;D.
Smart member of the durham boys new ringleader

Offline nofishin

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Jan 18, 2010, 12:55 PM »

Bruce
now that is what the shanty is all about.  newport...i would say you have raised your daughter right.  that kind of remark doesn't come from just any kid.  well done

Offline maineduckhunter

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Stop Bucket Biologist and Kill ALL Maine Pike!!!
« Reply #10 on: Jan 18, 2010, 06:05 PM »
This is Great!! :thumbsup:

Offline Coach

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Jan 18, 2010, 07:41 PM »
That's Awesome, another youngster showing us how to be a True Sportsperson.  :clap: :clap:

I know the young lady that now is the proud owner of these traps, she is very excited and can't wait to go fishing with us. Sporstkid will now have competition from his little sister.

Here she is at last years Sebago Derby. She told me she was going to show us how it was done, as she took the pole from me.

Offline McIce

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Take a Kid FISHING!
« Reply #12 on: Jan 18, 2010, 07:50 PM »
 :clap:
Team Maine DEFINATELY has the warmest shanty around!
Kudos to all involved with putting the entire event on, and congrats on such a thoughtfull little girl.

I'm looking forward to taking my 12y/o son and 5y/o girl to the Kids Derby at Range Pond. I love seeing these youngster get into the sport.
I wasn't running the net!                  :icefish:

Offline landlockedsalmon

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • My wife said its her or the Vexilar,we'll miss her
« Reply #13 on: Jan 18, 2010, 07:56 PM »
Nice to see after the day I had.Sounds like your raising a special little girl,she could teach a few people a lesson or two.good job.LLS
If everyone concentrated on the important things in life,there would be a shortage of fishingpoles.......... ..............Remember we all live downstream

Offline smeltslayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • New Vineyard,Me
« Reply #14 on: Jan 18, 2010, 07:59 PM »
dear sir, i have been trying to find a set of them for my fiance so she can go with me and my two boys. i know your looking for somebody to give them just starting out, but, i would like to inquire as to where you found pink polar tip ups in the first place for purchase. thank your very much
Great gesture by this fine young girl. I seen some of those Pink polars at Dick's Sporting goods in Augusta before Christmas. Give them a try.

Offline NewportMe

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Jan 19, 2010, 07:04 AM »
Guys   Thanks for the kind words.   The little girl who got these traps was quite excited and we are more than happy the traps will be put to use.

My daughter read the nice things you all said about her and now we have 2 very pleased young ladies>

Thanks again

Bruce

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.