The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Any ideas on a fishing trip around june?  (Read 811 times)

Offline Scalloper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Eat Scallops
Any ideas on a fishing trip around june?
« on: Jan 15, 2010, 04:15 AM »
I have a buddy that grew up here but now lives in Southern Calif. He and a Friend want to come to Maine and go on a guided fishing trip with me for 3-4 days around June. They both are avid fishermen that have fished in allot of places around the world in salt water as well as fresh. They are a bit on the "preppy" side so they expect some sort of a lodge,I could do with a tent but not these guys.They do not prefer trolling and would like to catch big fish. I have been thinking about maybe Muskies or Pike.They have fished for bass all over the west coast but have never caught a pickerel,pike or Muskey. They are willing to fish here in Maine or in Canada,as long as we can drive there from Bangor airport. They would like me to set this up soon.Any ideas? Thanks
______________________ ___

Its a lazy man that cant find his wife a second job

Offline Scalloper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Eat Scallops
Re: Any ideas on a fishing trip around june?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 15, 2010, 05:31 AM »
ttt

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • R.I.P. Bobberstop 6-14-1944 ~ 7-21-2010
« Reply #2 on: Jan 15, 2010, 05:35 AM »
take them up to the county for some muskie fishing. and polish it off with an offshore charter

Offline icehousepsycho

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 15, 2010, 05:46 AM »
Musky is the way to go.  Caught many nice ones and it never gets old.  They will have fun with that.

Offline teesky1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 15, 2010, 11:16 AM »
You want pike, go to Quebec, they're everywhere. But if you're coming to Bangor in June, go catch smallies and salmon up at East Grand, a great place.

Offline boulderdash

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 15, 2010, 12:14 PM »
how about ross lake with a trip over to baker lake st john river muskies,or  rent canoes and camp do allagash lake or lobster lake,  flyfish the east outlet ,grandlake stream or the penob by rip dam  go to the andro sabatus or belgrades for pike  and please dont forget the highly underated smallmouth bass.

Offline barkspud

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Real fisherman take children fishing
« Reply #6 on: Jan 15, 2010, 12:30 PM »
Id go for the ross lake trip or similar in that area.  some of these southern waters are good but get away from all the riff raff and see some real country. You got some awsome fishing in that area and numorous species to go for. If one fishery doesn't pay off there another just a stone throw away. I didn't forget about you on the shrimp. I was out haulling yesterday and no shortage of shrimp boats just not doing much yet. Hardly see a shrimp come up in a trap. The guys are just keeping there customers supplied. They wouldn,t even sell a bucket to lobsterman. They must have a good market somwhere. Guess going to have to set some shrimp traps next day out. I tried to pm you several times but site kept seizing up sorry to take so long.
DUDE THAT'S A NICE FISH CAN I USE IT FOR BAIT?     

Fish stories limited too 40'' or 40 minutes wich ever comes first.

Offline Scalloper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Eat Scallops
« Reply #7 on: Jan 15, 2010, 06:50 PM »
Thanks to all. I just got home from a 380 mile road trip.These guys will want a guide,lodging and of course fish and I think Muskeys or Pike would realy make there trip sence they have never caught either.Can Ross Lake camps provide this? I have herd the name but I dont know anything about the area. Thanks

Offline barkspud

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Real fisherman take children fishing
« Reply #8 on: Jan 15, 2010, 07:42 PM »
Check out there web page.
DUDE THAT'S A NICE FISH CAN I USE IT FOR BAIT?     

Fish stories limited too 40'' or 40 minutes wich ever comes first.

Offline StingingLips

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Jan 15, 2010, 08:47 PM »
go tuna fishing

Offline DaveRT

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Jan 16, 2010, 08:23 AM »
canoe trip down the allagash river, fishing all the way.  easy to do a 3-5 day trip.  that's what we have planned for May.
"Give a man a fish to feed him for a day. Teach him to ice fish and he will spend all his time ice fishing and spend all his money on gear and beer."

Offline MaineFishah

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Jan 16, 2010, 08:28 AM »
Late May- Early June Chamberlain fishes pretty well. Usually some like brookies and togue and also you can jig some whitefish. Maybe you could do a trip to Baker for musky, it's not that far from Chamberlain.

Offline brace

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Is it Friday yet?
« Reply #12 on: Jan 16, 2010, 08:31 AM »
Don't know if they are fly fishermen - But, if so you may want to consider the east outlet of Moosehead.  Good lodging in Greenville and those guided river boat trips look like a great time.  Great chance to catch both salmon and brookies.
Brian<br />Nil Carborundum Illigimiti

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.