Author Topic: Chain O' Lakes  (Read 2173 times)

Offline jimEjam

• IceShanty Rookie
Chain O' Lakes
« on: Jan 13, 2010, 07:20 PM »
Went to Chain O' Lakes at around 2:30 pm(this is my only 3rd time ice fishing and I am HOOKED). Early on caught a 11" perch and 5 gills with a buddie, but they really turned off later on in the evening. Ice was at about 4-5".

Offline Fishslayer81

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Chain O' Lakes
« Reply #1 on: Jan 13, 2010, 07:42 PM »
yea chain o lakes generally is normally known for the morning bite on about all the lakes back there. The afternoon bite can be hit or miss. Btw nice perch, I caught an 11" perch last saturday.

Offline IceJunkie0602

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 13, 2010, 09:25 PM »
Went to Chain O' Lakes at around 2:30 pm(this is my only 3rd time ice fishing and I am HOOKED). Early on caught a 11" perch and 5 gills with a buddie, but they really turned off later on in the evening. Ice was at about 4-5".
jimEjam here is a pic of the perch you caught.  Thanks for coming out hope you had a good time.

Offline drk_denman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 14, 2010, 02:08 AM »
Hey guys Derek here i was out there 2 days ago in the morning couldnt seem to get on them though bout 7 out there i havnt had much luck on those lakes and definitly never caught any perch would love to have some tips if possible not looking for much still a newbie on here but if want to pm or going out sometime and wouldnt mind teaching a little bit would appreciate it a great deal thanks..
Triple D

Offline IceJunkie0602

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 14, 2010, 02:05 PM »
Hey guys Derek here i was out there 2 days ago in the morning couldnt seem to get on them though bout 7 out there i havnt had much luck on those lakes and definitly never caught any perch would love to have some tips if possible not looking for much still a newbie on here but if want to pm or going out sometime and wouldnt mind teaching a little bit would appreciate it a great deal thanks..
We may be talking about two different lakes.  This is Chain O Lakes Lydic Indiana

Offline Flat Bob

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 14, 2010, 02:14 PM »
Nice catch guys. :)
Lets go get em

Offline Greg2ha

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pollock $1.49 a pound!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #6 on: Jan 14, 2010, 02:21 PM »
I heard the fishing at the park has been slow. Didn't go there yet this year. Tried
Crane today, caught 3 , 2-gills and one bass.
Greg
Fish on!

Offline drk_denman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 14, 2010, 05:44 PM »
yea i was talking about the Chain o Lakes in Albion never new there were so many lakes with the same names lol they should have just numbered them all lol so much easier ha ha well wish the Chain o Lakes over here would turn on but this dang melting snow running onthe edges seems to be softening it up a bit on my pond! Hopefully the lakes hold up and stay hard well keep up the pics if i cant catch them its at least nice to see someone is lol
Triple D

Offline Mhofferman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 14, 2010, 06:17 PM »
yea i was talking about the Chain o Lakes in Albion never new there were so many lakes with the same names lol they should have just numbered them all lol so much easier ha ha well wish the Chain o Lakes over here would turn on but this dang melting snow running onthe edges seems to be softening it up a bit on my pond! Hopefully the lakes hold up and stay hard well keep up the pics if i cant catch them its at least nice to see someone is lol

Is this baby D?

Offline gruntngrin

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Jan 14, 2010, 06:24 PM »

Is the gate open to get to Norman? It was closed last time I went there

Offline Greg2ha

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pollock $1.49 a pound!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #10 on: Jan 14, 2010, 06:44 PM »
Didn't go yet so I'm not sure about the gate. I have walked down the hill from the top before and it's a little tricky. Depends on what is on the ground.Try to stay in the snow and off the ice coming down. Hopefully it has thawed some and the ice
is gone.(NO NOT THE LAKE ICE!)
Greg
Fish on!

Offline CEM

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Jan 20, 2010, 03:27 PM »
Any new reports here in Lydick?

Offline IceJunkie0602

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Chain O' Lakes/lydick
« Reply #12 on: Jan 20, 2010, 04:17 PM »
Any new reports here in Lydick?
going out tomarow to check and see if the ice is holding up.  I'll let you know when I get back in the afternoon. (unless they are bitting).
Then I'll be back later.

Offline coopason

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • oops missed another 1,no wait ahh FEEL it
« Reply #13 on: Jan 20, 2010, 10:41 PM »
Would appreciate the report. If the Ice is decent I'll be there Sat. for there CC derby at 6oo.

Thanks
Coop
Coopason

Offline IceJunkie0602

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Jan 22, 2010, 06:34 AM »
Would appreciate the report. If the Ice is decent I'll be there Sat. for there CC derby at 6oo.

Thanks
Coop
went out yesterday only about 2" of good ice and 5" of cake.  still a few guys fishing but be careful. I would like to fish the derby to, but I don't know if they are going to have it with the warm temps this weekend.  stay safe. Oh here are some pics from yesterday.  think deep.

Offline taggedfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Jan 22, 2010, 07:45 AM »
here we go talking about two diffrent chains again

Offline coopason

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • oops missed another 1,no wait ahh FEEL it
« Reply #16 on: Jan 22, 2010, 09:16 AM »
Thanks Ice Junky for the report. As of last night the tourney was still a go. My buddy called to check.
Not real familiar with where the "deep" might be? Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks again for the report on Chain (lydick)

Coop
Coopason

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.