New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Fishing Small Boat Harbor Buffalo NY  (Read 5571 times)

Offline pjcornejo

• IceShanty Rookie
Fishing Small Boat Harbor Buffalo NY
« on: Jan 13, 2010, 11:11 AM »
Planning on first ice fishing trip at small boat harbor, have my hut,sled,short poles and minnows, any suggestions ?
Men and fish are alike.  They both get into trouble when they open their mouths.

Offline buckmaster

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Fishing Small Boat Harbor Buffalo NY
« Reply #1 on: Jan 14, 2010, 05:41 PM »
Planning on first ice fishing trip at small boat harbor, have my hut,sled,short poles and minnows, any suggestions ?
ya go some where else small boat is slacking only dinks and smelt

Offline pjcornejo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 20, 2010, 03:20 PM »
ya go some where else small boat is slacking only dinks and smelt

You were correct, but it was good to get out.
Men and fish are alike.  They both get into trouble when they open their mouths.

Offline PERCHKILLER30

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 20, 2010, 04:24 PM »
go to wilson harbour its in wilson tuscarora state park off rt18 thats where i been fishin sbh is a joke dinks and smelt ive been getting some nice perch seen alot of crappie on the camera they wont hit seen some nice pike iced and trout same amout of ice as at sbh good 8in+
case lake tourney 5th in trout 2009- cuba lake 2005 biggest perch harwood lake tourney 2nd in crappie 2010

Offline fishingypsie

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I FISH WHEN I WANT TO AND WORK WHEN IM FORCED TO
« Reply #4 on: Jan 20, 2010, 06:34 PM »
SMB IS A JOKE THE LAST FEW YEARS....... NOTHIN BUT DINKS..OWELL I JUST GO SOMEWHERE ELSE LIKE BEAVER ISLAND IF IT WAS FROZEN  ...... **censored** COMEON ICE FREEZE!!!!!! :-\
\\\"dont just fish, FISH!\\\"

Offline pjcornejo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 22, 2010, 10:11 AM »
I have fished at the Wilson Harbor in the summer , and I'am palnning on going up there soon, do you just walk in at the ramp near the restaurant?

Offline BUCKSKI

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • JIGGING UP MUDFLAPS FROM SOMEWHERE
« Reply #6 on: Jan 22, 2010, 10:17 AM »
anyone trip the shipping channel/docks off Ohio street???
Plenty of decent water in buffalo, just not the SBH..

Wilson is a sleeper ;) ;)
" Of course I believe in luck. How otherwise to explain the success of some people you detest"

Jean Cocteau

Offline PERCHKILLER30

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Jan 22, 2010, 05:09 PM »
umm i go to wilson tuscorora state park off rt18 just follow the road to the end tons of parking just go down the launch ive had the best luck down the launch to the left not to far left than in the center thats where its the deepest minnies and spikes work the best for me
case lake tourney 5th in trout 2009- cuba lake 2005 biggest perch harwood lake tourney 2nd in crappie 2010

Offline hardwaterchamp

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 26, 2015, 04:07 AM »
Bluegill bite was heavy a hundred feet out from "tubes". Good underwater foliage/cover. Good luck

Offline fiskasassassin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 26, 2015, 05:07 AM »
Bluegill bite was heavy a hundred feet out from "tubes". Good underwater foliage/cover. Good luck
shhhh let them think its dink city if they wanna i always limit out on them gills see any crappies there yet

Offline AON09

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 26, 2015, 01:48 PM »
shhhh let them think its dink city if they wanna i always limit out on them gills see any crappies there yet
Iv had pretty good luck with Calicos in the same area. Not a slammer day on calicos but a lot of nice gills and 1-2 calicos per outing. Thinking about trying the night fishing for crappies...

Offline Jmz555

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Jan 27, 2015, 08:42 AM »
I went on Sunday 01/25. Started on the bend and worked our way out to about 20 ft. Caught a couple 3-4" perch.  :-\  Was wondering if anyone goes out and fishes near the break wall? Or can you walk on the ice around to the freezer queen? I read in another thread to stay away from the south entrance by the small light house, and the middle entrance in the break wall, so is everywhere else fair game? Of course i'll be checking ice depth every 100ft or so. New to ice fishing, and didn't see anyone further than us so I didn't want to risk it. Ice seemed to be steady 8-9" the further we got out. Talked with a bunch of people on the way in, nothing but dinks lately. Still had a blast with old friends.  :)

Offline AON09

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Jan 27, 2015, 10:44 AM »
Guys have been fishing around freezer queen, I personally havent but I was told ice was safe up to freezer queen. I always wanted to try fishing the outtouter harbor but have always been told the current is to strong.

Offline Jmz555

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Jan 27, 2015, 02:40 PM »
went out again today,fishing about 8 feet and then moved out about 15 feet and the perch are still between three and four inches. I'll give it another go this weekend.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.