Author Topic: Frabill trekker II replacement poles?  (Read 7669 times)

Offline Michigan Mafia

• Team IceShanty Regular
Frabill trekker II replacement poles?
« on: Jan 03, 2010, 07:15 PM »
Well that didn't take long... I lost a tent pole for my brand new trekker II down the hole today! I was moving something around in the shanty and I must have bumped the chair support because when I sat down the chair folded up, dumping me in the bottom of the shanty. :o It wouldn't have been so bad but I had a tent pole in my hand at the time and while trying to catch myself, the pole caught the edge of the shanty and went down the hole >:(

Has anyone ever ordered replacement poles... is it a matter of just calling customer service and ordering one?

Offline wallydiven

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Frabill trekker II replacement poles?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 03, 2010, 07:20 PM »
didnt loose any poles but i did the same thing the first time i had my trekker out ;D ;D prolly try customer service. let us know just in case thanks!!!

Offline Michigan Mafia

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 03, 2010, 07:45 PM »
I think I'm gonna have to come up with something to lock the chair support in place so that it doesn't happen again. My dad has a trekker II as well and he warned me about the chair folding up. You would think they would make the angle of the support greater so that it wouldn't do that.

Offline wallydiven

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 03, 2010, 07:56 PM »
agreed. someone could get hurt. let them know that whan you call.

Offline Michigan Mafia

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 04, 2010, 12:23 PM »
I just got off the phone will customer service at Frabill and the lady said that all of the Representatives were busy and that she would take my name and number and have one of them call me back tomorrow. TOMORROW... seriously  ??? I understand that this is a busy time of year for them, but come on, how does she know that everyone in the building is going to be busy for the rest of the day? Guess I will find out tomorrow if I can order a new pole, that is if they are not to busy  ;)

Offline dfish17

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 06, 2010, 08:24 PM »
I just got a Trekker II and was wondering which poles you were talking about.  Do you take apart the curved poles each time or the ones that go down the middle of the shanty?

Offline Michigan Mafia

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 07, 2010, 12:53 PM »
I lost one of the two spreader poles that go down the middle of the shanty. To answer your question, no, I do not take the curved poles apart.

I ordered the replacement pole yesterday and they were $5 a piece, so I told them to give me another one just in case it happened again. I've learned my lesson, always make sure the seat support is pulled all the way out before sitting down  ;D

Offline toadhunter2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 07, 2010, 03:28 PM »
just a question how do you guys like the trekker II i just sold my xltwin and was looking at buying the trekker or the fish trap nanook just trying to decide i had good luck with the xltwin and the fish trap and trekker weight about the same
early mornings,cold north winds,hard ice,good friends and cold high life..FLAG UP!.priceless

Offline dfish17

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 07, 2010, 04:30 PM »
I just bought mine last week and used it once.  I liked it and it was on a crazy windy day.  I will back out in the am.  Just got my hyfax kit today as well.  A must.

Offline toadhunter2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 09, 2010, 09:12 AM »
well got my trekker thursday and put it together yesterday going to break it in tommorow and i orderd my hyfax from frabill so hope it will be here monday or tuesday. i do see what you are saying about the spreader poles and the seat support trying to figure out a way to lock and stow them as we speak
early mornings,cold north winds,hard ice,good friends and cold high life..FLAG UP!.priceless

Offline Tunatruck

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Dec 06, 2014, 10:50 PM »
i have a frabill trekker III i love it

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.