Author Topic: Menards Fish Cam problem  (Read 4300 times)

Offline Buckeye Fan

• IceShanty Rookie
Menards Fish Cam problem
« on: Jan 03, 2010, 01:28 PM »
My buddy and I both bought one of these cameras at Menards for $64 when they were on sale after Thanksgiving and we just got a chance to use them yesterday.  After charging the battery overnight on mine and not hooking it up until we were in the shack nothing no picture just nothing.  My buddy opened his case and found the power switch was on and killed his battery. The case is too small and the power button can be accidentally turned on.  This morning we check both batteries totally dead so we checked the power coming out of the wall charger that clips on to the battery on both of them you got no power coming from either wall charger.  Anyone else have this problem?  Or is this just the case you get what you pay for!

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: Menards Fish Cam problem
« Reply #1 on: Jan 03, 2010, 01:31 PM »
I knew there was a reason they were selling them so cheap! Must have been a large batch with problems so they unloaded them all at a cheap price  ;D
EYECONICFISHING

Offline Gillgrabber

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 03, 2010, 02:22 PM »
Maybe I got lucky but mine works OK.  I understand what you say about the power switch.  It should be recessed.  I also saw there are 2 camera inputs in the back with a switch to make sure the correct one is selected.  I assume you checked that.
Proud NRA Life Member
Nothing like spending time in the outdoors with Family & Friends.

Offline Little Creek

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 03, 2010, 02:42 PM »
Congratulations,you both own a $64.00 boat anchor! ::)

Offline ianripken

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 03, 2010, 03:00 PM »
I was tempted... reeeeal tempted to go get one when I saw how cheap they were in the flier. When I looked at them at the store I had a gut feeling I shouldn't buy it and walked away. Glad I did.
Sorry it didn't work out for you. Well at least the buckeyes won for ya, life's not too bad!

Offline pigmania

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #5 on: Jan 03, 2010, 07:18 PM »
bought mine after thanksgiving and have used it about 6 times. everything has worked fine on mine. just need to make something for the camera cord to attach to so i have more control moving the camera when its down the hole. maybe i just got lucky.

Offline jbird68

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jan 03, 2010, 07:23 PM »
jbird68

Offline pigmania

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #7 on: Jan 03, 2010, 07:39 PM »
thanks jbird, that looks like just the ticket.

Offline killer0612

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 04, 2010, 12:53 AM »
For all those who are wondering who the menards camera is made by the company is Nature Vision the same company that makes Fish TV and the cabelas brand underwater cameras

Offline killer0612

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 04, 2010, 12:58 AM »
Forgot to mention they have the parent company outdoor insight which is the maker of aqua view cameras

Offline Jrod0582

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 04, 2010, 02:22 AM »
Forgot to mention they have the parent company outdoor insight which is the maker of aqua view cameras

and aquaview was recently bought out by nature vision which owns marcum as well.

Offline walkerd

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Jan 04, 2010, 05:45 AM »
Mine did the same thing, I took it back and got another this one works fine.....

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.