Mobile Site Follow Iceshanty at Twitter Iceshanty Facebook Page Iceshanty Youtube Channel
Ice Fishing Shanty
Home | ThinIce | Chat | Pictures | Archives | ProShop | Militia | Sponsors
Iceshanty.com sponsored in part by:
Marmish | FishUSA | Marcum | Fish307 | Jiffy | Muck Boots | Frabill | FleetFarm | Lindy | Glens | KitteryTradingPost | Cabelas
Sep 18, 2014, 01:38 AM
Support Iceshanty...
Get some great gear and forum goodies...
Join The Iceshanty Militia

Miss activation email? Check your spam folder! | Forgot password?
The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
7th Annual Fishing Derby will be held January 28 & 29 2012 Fish For A Cure

Author Topic: Nasons beach  (Read 2798 times)

sst4life

• Team IceShanty Maniac

• Peace, Love and Happiness only on Shanty
Re: Nasons beach
« Reply #40 on: Dec 31, 2009, 05:46 PM »
I dont think there stopping anyone from parking on the road, it sounds like there stopping them from enetering from the beach, which also sound like semi-private land. I dont blame him one bit, I'd do the same thing.

I believe it is called nasons rock association and all the people have to put dues in for the land. It is owned by the home owners that live there and if they all agree to post nasons beach then there is nothing me you or anybody can do except for them.

TinyTim

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • IceShantyholic

« Reply #41 on: Dec 31, 2009, 06:15 PM »
    How much is the entry fee????     I'm willing to send in the money & not fish; It is a wonderful cause!....You're right; (Bad timing / Good cause)......I challenge others to do the same.......LL
http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=124137.0

JDN

• Team IceShanty Regular

• JHM
« Reply #42 on: Dec 31, 2009, 06:37 PM »
Last year the ice after the tournament was a mess.What happened to the game wardens??You think they would have knuckled a few of the slobs?? ??? ???I think that would have went a long way with the land owners??Its just a thought.

barkspud

• Team IceShanty Regular

• Real fisherman take children fishing
« Reply #43 on: Dec 31, 2009, 07:04 PM »
 There probablly wasn,t any reports of littering. Did the wardens even make a showing at all last year. If they do this year have them come back around later in day when everyone is drunk and their crap is all over the ice. That should give him a chance to write some tickets. With only one way on and off the pond should make there job easier.
DUDE THAT'S A NICE FISH CAN I USE IT FOR BAIT?     

Fish stories limited too 40'' or 40 minutes wich ever comes first.

Double-L

• Team IceShanty Addict

« Reply #44 on: Dec 31, 2009, 07:07 PM »
http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=124137.0
    Thanks Tim, gonna go to Stones & sign up before the derby. ;)      LL
"CATCH & RELEASE" --- For another day!

Corso

• Team IceShanty Maniac

« Reply #45 on: Jan 01, 2010, 04:40 AM »
There probablly wasn,t any reports of littering. Did the wardens even make a showing at all last year. If they do this year have them come back around later in day when everyone is drunk and their crap is all over the ice. That should give him a chance to write some tickets. With only one way on and off the pond should make there job easier.

Great Idea...perhaps the wardens should set up at said....posted spot....and wait for people there  ::)

***WaterWolf***

• Team IceShanty Regular

« Reply #46 on: Jan 01, 2010, 05:44 AM »
After everything I saw out there last year I am not surprised that this is happening.  Some people (not all) just don't respect other peoples property or the environment and that ruins it for everyone else.   :'(

livinbass

• Team IceShanty Maniac

« Reply #47 on: Jan 01, 2010, 07:46 AM »
you cant post a public rd it is plowed by the city i think
Im not posting a public rd its were everyone drives on and off the ice and the sign on that side off the road says no parking if you read it its just not enforced by the law.I own the right ofway there allong with all the other people ive spoken to over the summer and we are all in agreement with it.

livinbass

• Team IceShanty Maniac

« Reply #48 on: Jan 01, 2010, 07:50 AM »
Ive allso had allot of pms and i want everyone to understand its not the people on IS

billditrite

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • IceShantyholic

• R.I.P. Bobberstop 6-14-1944 ~ 7-21-2010
« Reply #49 on: Jan 01, 2010, 07:51 AM »
Ive allso had allot of pms and i want everyone to understand its not the people on IS

on the same note the members of IS know the problems you have had to deal with down there and understand whats going on. hope it gets bettwer for you and the other landowners...ill ss ya on the ice!  ;)

ICEMAINEiac

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Maniac

« Reply #50 on: Jan 01, 2010, 07:55 AM »
    How much is the entry fee????     I'm willing to send in the money & not fish; It is a wonderful cause!....You're right; (Bad timing / Good cause)......I challenge others to do the same.......LL

Why not fish ?

ICEMAINEiac

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Maniac

« Reply #51 on: Jan 01, 2010, 07:59 AM »
That will tempt a lot more people to drive out onto the ice...hope it's safe enough.  I wish I could go out and support the cause and maybe win a prize, but that place is going to be an absolute cluster.  Not sure if it will be worth the headache.

Worth the Headache??? 

It wont be any worse than any other Derby  Thats part of the fun for me 

billditrite

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • IceShantyholic

• R.I.P. Bobberstop 6-14-1944 ~ 7-21-2010
« Reply #52 on: Jan 01, 2010, 08:02 AM »
i agree J...derby fishing isnt all about fishing...its about getting together with friends and supporting a good cause  . Team Maine is great for this... look at the turnout each year at horne pond. i look forward to seeing just how many people we can fit on this pond ! every person is a stepping stone to a cure!!

Double-L

• Team IceShanty Addict

« Reply #53 on: Jan 01, 2010, 08:51 AM »
Why not fish ?
    Just think that Sabattus needs a break; Been overfished for several years.....And have never fished a Derby......I did fish Bass tourneys for years/ because I feel strongly about "CATCH & RELEASE"......And last but not least;Too many fish being killed/ (Most going to Waste).To support our addiction!.....Just MHO --- It Hopefully will be a good fund raiser for a terrific cause?......LL
"CATCH & RELEASE" --- For another day!

ICEMAINEiac

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Maniac

« Reply #54 on: Jan 01, 2010, 09:48 AM »
    Just think that Sabattus needs a break; Been overfished for several years.....And have never fished a Derby......I did fish Bass tourneys for years/ because I feel strongly about "CATCH & RELEASE"......And last but not least;Too many fish being killed/ (Most going to Waste).To support our addiction!.....Just MHO --- It Hopefully will be a good fund raiser for a terrific cause?......LL

every person is a stepping stone to a cure!!
You got that right Scotty !!

Just so everyone knows im only catch and release as i don't eat Fresh water fish ( except Crappie )  i was taught as a child that if you don't eat it don't kill it !!!
I too am a Bass  Turny Angler  and if i could figure out a way to do a C&L Ice Derby i would  ! This is the exact reason I'm not doing a fish pool and the Info / Rules Sheet that im handing out Will encourage the release for all fish that don't have a chance to win !

I going to do everything in my power to keep everyone informed as to the weights of the top 3 fish !

Scotty is right  Horne pond is a zoo and that's what makes it so much fun !! i look forward to going every year not because i think im going to win but because of the adventure and if you've been you know what im talking about ;D

JimP

• Team IceShanty Maniac

• Moosehead Lake 2008
« Reply #55 on: Jan 01, 2010, 11:44 AM »
Lou, I agree with you and will buy an entry and not fish. Having cancer touch a very dear friendly recently I am really glad folks are stepping up to raise money but I am very conflicted about putting more pressure on Sabattus no matter how worthy the cause. Lou has found a way to support both causes without going against my personal beliefs.

every person is a stepping stone to a cure!!

Can't be said any better....

j00fek

• IceShanty Rookie

• me
« Reply #56 on: Jan 01, 2010, 11:53 AM »
Im not posting a public rd its were everyone drives on and off the ice and the sign on that side off the road says no parking if you read it its just not enforced by the law.I own the right ofway there allong with all the other people ive spoken to over the summer and we are all in agreement with it.

i know nasons beach isnt, i was talking about sanbourn rd. you need to be deeded to nasons if you live on the pond as my brother is

GasBlaster

• Team IceShanty Maniac

• Welcomes green fish
« Reply #57 on: Jan 01, 2010, 12:33 PM »
If we get the snow they are predicting from this storm it will slush up and refreeze by the 16th giving us an extra 6-8 inches of white ice on top . I think the lake will be a great parking lot and hope for a great turnout .   Lets all go fight the crowds have fun and support the cause and all the work going into this thing  ;D ;D ;D     Thanks Jay for all your hard work and what I'm sure will be a fun day on the ice ....      You don't have to fish just come and do the rounds and meat a bunch of great IS members .  Maybe you could even help out I'm sure jay and the gang could find something for you to do .      SEE you all on the ice !!!!

JDN

• Team IceShanty Regular

• JHM
« Reply #58 on: Jan 01, 2010, 12:56 PM »
Yep the natives are restless!!! :o :o

Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • IceShantyholic

« Reply #59 on: Jan 01, 2010, 02:06 PM »
I am a Veteran Not a Terrorist!

Iceshanty.com sponsored in part by:
Marmish | FishUSA | Marcum | Fish307 | Jiffy | Muck Boots | Frabill | FleetFarm | Lindy | Glens | Cabelas
Home | ThinIce | Chat | Pictures | Archives | ProShop | GearShop | Militia | Sponsors

Ice Fishing @ www.iceshanty.com Fishing @ www.myfishfinder.com Hunting @ www.myhuntingforum.com

Contact | Sponsor IceShanty.com | Disclaimer
©1996- IceShanty.com
All Rights Reserved